• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European Championship 2008 (SOCCER AKA FOOTBALL)

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
The Germany game was so good, Portugal is such a small team, they just got pushed around. Well deserved win by Germany, I think.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Saying one player alone is the reason for a team of 11 to get to the World Cup final is silly, Zidane was extremely inspirational Im sure but Makelele, Ribery and Malouda had excellent tournaments too.

Sweden were terrible the other night, Ljunberg is on his last legs, Ibrahimovic didnt look fit and Larsson didnt get the needed support. Russia look really strong though,
Dissapointed Croatia are out, I thought they played some good football.

Germany were piping, strong squad and they always perform in the group stages. In contrast, heres hoping Holland dont do their usual self-destruct act at this stage and instead win tomorrow.

The British coverage of this tournaments a joke

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
GOD, we got totally pwned by Russia.

Dmn good coaching + amazing play by Russia.

Good coaching ruined the Dutch play,
+ amazing offense = more players for solid defense for Russia.

I'm dissapointed for losing, but happy to lose to such a great team.

My Respect to Russia, they were just too good.

Linkje

Smash Lord
LOL If we want to, we could redo the match, he can't just take bad a red card. It's against the rules.
Russians played frikking cheap. 8 players in the back the whole game :S playing on counter is lame.

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
They played exactly the way we have been playing in the first round, but better. In my opinion the Russians completely deserved to win. Also, the replay shows that the defender didn't touch whoever it was. It might have been a reckless tackle, but a second yellow card would have been to harsh. As is see it the referee was right to cancel the card and the Russians went on to win what was overall a great game. Our team could learn something from them, and Marco van Basten especially could learn something from Guus Hiddink (who is one of the most amazing coaches I know). The only guy on the Dutch side I feel sorry for is Edwin van der Sar, because he is so frigging awesome. He played an amazing match once again, but the rest of the players (with the possible exception of De Jong) failed to lead him to the international title he wanted so badly and deserved.

All of this has nothing to do with the fact that I win a lot of money is Russia wins the tournament btw.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, last nights game was surprising. Also, Linkje is a scrub.
I wonder if we'll see Germany vs Russia in the finals, now that'd be a good rematch.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Spain kicked Italy out of the bracket, and I'll be thankful for that for a long time. That's why they deserve to be second.
But come on, we all know that Germany will own them :p

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Holland got ***** against Russia lol so stfu kanker vetzeug.
When Spain won against Italie i knew there were going to win this EC =o for them its there hardest matchup cause they dont even try to play football.(Germany to actually but they are just ****ing bad =])

Top Bottom