• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro Release Date in 2008

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo have released their release schedule for the rest of this year and while Smash Bros. Brawl is coming out on the 3rd of December for America it has been confirmed that Smash Bros. Brawl will come out in 2008 for Europe. Here is the list of release dates for the European games:

Wii Release Schedule

Boogie (EA): 31 August
Madden NFL 2008 (EA): 31 August
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 (EA): 31 August
Alien Syndrome (SEGA): 7th September
Super Paper Mario (Nintendo): 14th September
World Championship Poker Featuring Howard Lederer: All In Wii (505Games): 21st September
King Of Clubs (Oxygen Games): 28th September
Brunswick Bowling Pro (505Games): TBC September
Bratz: The Movie (THQ): TBC September
Godzilla: Unleashed (ATARI): Q3
Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe (Activision): 12th October
NBA LIVE 08 (EA): 12th October
Harvest Moon Magical Melody (Rising Star/Nintendo): 19th October
Sea Monsters (ZOO Digital Publishing): 19th October
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo): 26th October
Arctic Tale (Zoo Digital Publishing): 26th October
Balls of Fury (Zoo Digital Publishing): 26th October
Crash Of The Titans (Vivendi Games): TBC October
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (D3/Koch Media): October
Cars: Master-National (THQ): TBC October
Endless Ocean (Nintendo): 9th November
Need For Speed Pro Street (EA): 1st or 2nd November
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo): 16th November
Garfield Gets Real (ZOO Digital Publishing): 23rd November
Yamaha Supercross (ZOO Digital Publishing): 23rd November
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom/Nintendo): 30th November
Alan Hansen's Sports Challenge (Oxygen Games): 30th November
Cheggers' Party Quiz (Oxygen Games): 30th November
M+M's Kart Racing (ZOO Digital Publishing): 30th November
Jenga (ATARI): TBC November
Ben 10: Protector of Earth (D3/Koch Media): TBC November
NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams™ (SEGA): TBC November
Ferrari Challenge (System 3): TBC November
Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey (Disney Interactive Studios): TBC November
High School Musical: Sing It! (Disney Interactive Studios): TBC November
Power Rangers: Super Legends (Disney Interactive Studios): TBC November
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity (Game Factory / K.E. Media): TBC November
The Golden Compass (SEGA): TBC November
Avatar: The Burning Earth (THQ): TBC November
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 (THQ): TBC November
CSI 4 Hard Evidence (Ubisoft): TBC November
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Ubisoft): TBC November
Nitro Bike (Ubisoft): TBC November
Spyro: The Eternal Night (Vivendi Games): TBC November
Pokémon Battle Revolution (Nintendo): TBC 7th December
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Capcom/Nintendo): 7th December
PDC World Championship Darts 2008 (Oxygen Games): 7th December
Showtime Championship Boxing (ZOO Digital): 7th December
Cocoto Funfair (Neko Entertainment): Q4
Catz (Ubisoft): Q4
Dogz (Ubisoft): Q4
Horsez (Ubisoft): Q4
My Word Coach (Ubisoft): Q4
Surf's Up (Ubisoft): Autumn
Dewy's Adventure (Konami): Autumn
Lucky Luke Go West (ATARI): Autumn
My Horse And Me (ATARI): Autumn
EA Playground (EA): Autumn
FIFA '08 (EA): Autumn
Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis (Rockstar Games): Autumn
Asterix & Obelix Olympic Games (ATARI): Winter
Wii Chess (tentative title) (Nintendo): Winter
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (SEGA): Winter
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (ATARI): Winter
Bully "Scholarship Edition" (Rockstar Games): Winter
Ghost Squad (SEGA): Christmas
My Sims (EA): TBC 2007
Battalion Wars 2 (Nintendo): TBC 2008
Wii Fit (Nintendo): TBC 2008
Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo): TBC 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo): TBC 2008

As you can see Smash Bros. is still TBC for 2008 not 2007. Even though there isn't a confirmed date in 2008 I can't believe that we get it later, it's quite disappointing.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Though I would like to get it earlier, I'm not gonna cry over it, the most important thing is that it eventually gets here ^^

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I'm HONESTLY going to get a Wii from America come November. I refuse to wait for 6 months like we had to do for Melee.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
when I first saw the release date for brawl over here in europe, one thought ran through my head:
"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!" I couldn't tell you how madly p***** off I was at the delayed release. and hopefully, it doesn't mean that it was released during the start of january. I mean, I could go for before christmas, or Febuary, but I have exams in January, i can't buy a game when I'm taking exams!

it's one of those things when you can't decide whether Education sucks or living in engalnd sucks.

and another thing. I know, the week it comes out in december in the US, there will be swarms of videos on youtube and walkthroughs on game help sites. Being someone who wants to be vaguely suprised at a few things in the game, I'm gonna have to starve myself of the internet in order to keep myself suprised for it. this is one smash bros game that I won't use walkthroughs for

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Nintendo needs to get on the ball. Translating a fighting game for a couple European languages isn't that tough. It's not like translating an RPG where you might need voice actors and what not.
That's exactly what I was going to say.
In my opinion, Nintendo is being dumb.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
We all knew it but it still sucks.

What really pisses me off is TB frign' C. At least they could give us a date to look forward to.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
is there some kind of region block??? where you cant play a US Wii game on a European Wii? if not why dont you guys just order the US version? Everybody here can speak english....

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I for one will be preordering from the US as soon as I can. Even if I can't play it, I need a copy immediatley. I can work out compatibility issues all in good time. I'm sure Codejunkies will sort out a Freeloader sooner or later.

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Yes, the Wii is region blocked. NTSC games won't work here unless you modchip your Wii.

The latest firmware also screwed Freeloader/Action Replay users since it made them stop working. Nintendo of Europe should just cease to exist and just convert the game to PAL format instead of freaking 999999 translations (5 actually) for Spain/Italy/France/Germany.

Heavenly Sword is going to be dubbed! DUBBED! Into a ****load of different languages and it isn't coming out 2 days after the USA launch in the UK and 5 days in the rest of Europe.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU NOE?

(Yes, I want to play Brawl very much and these news piss me off immensely)

The Bino

Smash Lord
Nintendo stated all of this at E3, they stated that Europe is getting Mario Kart in 2007 and USA and Japan are getting Brawl 2007, while early 2008 Europe gets Brawl and USA and Japan gets Mario Kart

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo needs to get on the ball. Translating a fighting game for a couple European languages isn't that tough. It's not like translating an RPG where you might need voice actors and what not.
If Brawl has anything like the 293 trophies in Melee, there could be quite a bit of translating involved for 5ish European languages.

There's also another big factor when you're trying to convert a game into PAL, which is the frame rate. Converting a 60 fps game like Smash to a 50 fps TV standard is not simple if you want to keep the gameplay up to speed. Try playing Melee in its 50 hz mode to see what I mean...

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart 2007 in Europe? I think you're thinking about Europe getting Strikers first. That's it.
LOL.

The only reason that was released first over here was because they know football sells better in Europe.

Aw well, the only thing that really ticks me off in cases like this is when official websites tout the UK version as "NEW AND EXCITING", when an indentical version has been out in the US for ages.

None of us can import either, the Wii is region locked.

splat

Smash Lord
please note that it is not only translating what they do - they seem to fix some bugs too, before realising it here in europe.

soaz

Smash Ace
I think it's a little stupid because we dutch people just have to read the english because they never translate into dutch only french and german enz. and I hate that why can't they just learn english we had to do it to
Agreed i live in nsweden so i dont get a translations for swedish.SO WHY THE **** DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I think it's a little stupid because we dutch people just have to read the english because they never translate into dutch only french and german enz. and I hate that why can't they just learn english we had to do it to
Yeah, they're all just too lazy to learn some proper English it seems. If I had a say about it, I'd say ONLY Japanese and English, and scrap the rest for ALL games, except for the ones meant for kids. Because of them, Brawl will get here way too late, and I'm already having trouble waiting for it. Ah well, guess I'll have to play Melee until Brawl finally gets here. It really bums me. :<

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I'm telling you guys that live in Europe. Get an American Wii and Pre-Order Brawl from an American site or wait till it's on eBay and pay just a little more cash for it.

Otherwise, wait for 6 months.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
It is lame, but meh, nothing we can really do about it. We all knew that we'd get it later than the other regions, so it's not a surprise. The only annoying part for me is that i forget we get it later because i'm on an American forum.

When you consider all the other games that are gonna be released before it, however, it's not so bad. Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resi Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, etc. There's always gonna be plenty of stuff to hold us over. Yoy make it worse for yourself the more you think about it.

On the subject of spoilers, though. I don't care about getting characters spoiled, because i check the Dojo. What i don't want to find out, though, is how to get them, and i honestly don't think it'll be that hard to avoid finding out.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'm telling you guys that live in Europe. Get an American Wii and Pre-Order Brawl from an American site or wait till it's on eBay and pay just a little more cash for it.

Otherwise, wait for 6 months.
I doubt it'll seriously be 6 months. Nintendo knows how popular this title is, and they're gonna put this game in the store as soon as possible. This game is a goldmine for Nintendo. I think it'll be somewhere in Februari, or March at longest.

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Well at least Europe will have a more balanced game, you know if a character has a cheap move, i'm sure they will nerf it. Same deal as in Melee (except you have to wait a whole year : ()

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it'll seriously be 6 months. Nintendo knows how popular this title is, and they're gonna put this game in the store as soon as possible. This game is a goldmine for Nintendo. I think it'll be somewhere in Februari, or March at longest.
Okay, I'm a multi-billionnaire who has created a great console, but in the bac kof my mind, I know I only really have at max 5 AAA titles coming out. Whilst my main opposition (Microsoft) have 10.

Microsft have:

Halo 3
Mass Effect
TimeShift
Strangehold
BioShock (just released)
Kane & Lynch
GTA IV
Devil May Cry
Call of Duty 4
Metal Gear Solid 4

Now each game is set for a world wide release and will be available to everyone in every country within a week. (Halo 3 being only 3 days apart from continents).

Where area's Nintendo have:

SSBB
Super Mario Galazy
Metroid Prime
Random Title
Randon Title 2

which are being released in either Japan or the U.S first, then available to the rest of the world MONTHS later.

That is NOT a wise decision business wise. Why? Because in order to please all my fans and get the most possible sales Nintendo have to start releasing games with a smaller release date range.

The fact is, it's happened too many times and I already switched to the 360 because once I had found out Brawl was definetly not coming out during the summer I bought myself a 360 because I wasn't prepared to just bore myself to death during the summer playing Wii Sports.

If Nintendo don't want to lose customers that they have done well to gain (Due to imaginative idea's, IE the WII, not through good release dates) then they better shape up.

There are only 3 games that I personally will buy for the Wii then that'll be it. Future Zelda title + SSBB + Mario Kart.

The fact is, I shouldn't have to wait a whole month to buy a game which has already been out in America. Thats poor market planning and ignorance. I have the money Nintendo want, and right now Microsoft are nagging me to give it to them. What're they gonna do to stop this?
ut for now, I'll stick to 360.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If I were to be an economic, I would say Nintendo is really shooting himself in the nuts if they would release the game in 2008. At least they're just stealing from their own pockets. December is the best time to release the game, because of the holidays.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
in bahrain ,we are supposed to have PAL games,but they started importing,SSBB in europe i hope will release in time for christmas

The Bino

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm a multi-billionnaire who has created a great console, but in the bac kof my mind, I know I only really have at max 5 AAA titles coming out. Whilst my main opposition (Microsoft) have 10.

Microsft have:

Halo 3
Mass Effect
TimeShift
Strangehold
BioShock (just released)
Kane & Lynch
GTA IV
Devil May Cry
Call of Duty 4
Metal Gear Solid 4

Now each game is set for a world wide release and will be available to everyone in every country within a week. (Halo 3 being only 3 days apart from continents).

Where area's Nintendo have:

SSBB
Super Mario Galazy
Metroid Prime
Random Title
Randon Title 2

which are being released in either Japan or the U.S first, then available to the rest of the world MONTHS later.

That is NOT a wise decision business wise. Why? Because in order to please all my fans and get the most possible sales Nintendo have to start releasing games with a smaller release date range.

The fact is, it's happened too many times and I already switched to the 360 because once I had found out Brawl was definetly not coming out during the summer I bought myself a 360 because I wasn't prepared to just bore myself to death during the summer playing Wii Sports.

If Nintendo don't want to lose customers that they have done well to gain (Due to imaginative idea's, IE the WII, not through good release dates) then they better shape up.

There are only 3 games that I personally will buy for the Wii then that'll be it. Future Zelda title + SSBB + Mario Kart.

The fact is, I shouldn't have to wait a whole month to buy a game which has already been out in America. Thats poor market planning and ignorance. I have the money Nintendo want, and right now Microsoft are nagging me to give it to them. What're they gonna do to stop this?
ut for now, I'll stick to 360.

OK well 1st off ill start with the ones that i highlighted right there, MGS4 is a PS3 exclusive, it will not go on 360, Kojima himself stated that... now GTA4 is going multiplatform but it has been stated by Rockstar themselves that the 360 can't handle it correctly, they have to downgrade the entire game because 360 can't process the game at the speed that Rockstar has it set at, so again its being downgraded just for 360 so it can go on multiplatforms so Rockstar can make some money due to the fact that 360 has sold more than PS3 at the momment, which will change once ppl start to realise which system is better by the solid information that is within the PS3 compared to 360 its a given that PS3 has the greatest potential and already MS has lost the battle between HDDVD or BluRay which BluRay already won

Ur personal opinion on noting the 360 and not mentioning PS3 whatsover is just because you own a 360 and not a PS3(I assume through you post) I happen to have PS3 and Wii in my house and my Wii is to be mainly used for my favorite Nintendo games - Mario Kart, Mario Game (Galaxy) Metroid, Smash, Fire Emblem and not to mention Crytek has already stated that they are going to do a game just for the Wii... and if you odn't know who Crytek is i suggest you look into who they are because they have made their own engine for a game called Far Cry and Crysis and they will have to make another engine for the Wii, which will than boost sales even more in the future for Wii

So there are good things coming out of Nintendo in the future, its just that developers didn't think that Wii would sell more than any other system and would be dominating the Market right now, EA and alot of other companies are now devoting a massive amount of time into making games for Wii since Wii is already in 1st place in terms of Sales and that's to continue until PS3 sales skyrocket and dominate the market like PSX and PS2 did

Top Bottom