• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So,... you're going Z now, Alex.

What is the scum team then? It's not me, it's not Kantrip, it's not Ruy. What is it?
If Z is mafia, Funko's post about not lynching our scummiest players is really suspicious, coupled with both of them dropping the Nabe wagon despite continuing to keep Nabe around as mafia. If I'm right on both, I do actually end up lynching Kantrip because I think of the remaining players he seems most likely to be connected to them. If I'm wrong, I look again at Ruy/Nabe, but I think Funko/Z is more likely to hold a scum if not both.

:186:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
You can’t sit and tell me either they Joey shouldn’t at least consider laundry and nabe. You have while maintaining I’m scum. So tell me why would someone like Joey if he had town intent not see the potential there?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So in like 3 posts you do a complete 180 on ryu.

Yeah that ain’t it chief. This is clearly laundry trying to join a bus and protect his actions.

He was die hard for ryu today but now he randomly wants me. Yeah not buying it.
Uhh. Did you just imply Laundry is bussing you?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Kantrip continually expresses concern with my slot and has said multiple times he'd lynch me, Z and Ruy are both skeptical of me and at least one is guaranteed to make it to tomorrow. All it would take is convincing Funko.

I actually was thinking the same thing. I just thought it was interesting to file away that, regardless of alignment, Laundry thinks he was gonna die the next phase.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You make it a fair point. We definitely have more discussion.

I’m thinking of switching my vote with the changes here as I think my reads are improving.

Right now my main reads are pokechu and kantrip. Both are playing very differently and I don’t like the style of their posts atm. It’s nothing like last game and they seem to just want to stick someone as scum day one for the sake of it. Seems like a bus attempt to me and I don’t like that.
10char

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright fine, what don’t you understand my change on?

I’ll answer whatever
Wanting Ryker day 2 when Pokechu was someone you expressed interest in a lot more.

Why make that turn with that priority? Why hold off on Pokechu who you had interest in?

Can you convince me me Joey is scum outside of him wanting to lynch you? I’m not totally off him but I find him more likely to be town given rereading yesterday and today.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If Z is mafia, Funko's post about not lynching our scummiest players is really suspicious, coupled with both of them dropping the Nabe wagon despite continuing to keep Nabe around as mafia. If I'm right on both, I do actually end up lynching Kantrip because I think of the remaining players he seems most likely to be connected to them. If I'm wrong, I look again at Ruy/Nabe, but I think Funko/Z is more likely to hold a scum if not both.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Day 3 was the perfect example of why this wouldn't happen. Multiple people scum read you, I stated why I scum read you, but Soup came in, blew up, and was practically asking to get lynched. Three of the biggest people scum reading you dipped for Soup because it was either their stronger scum read (Laundry) or it was a policy lynch (Ryu, Ryker). Kantrip wouldn't lynch you, Disfunk wouldn't lynch you. Nabe wasn't consistently here at all even if he would swing on you.

Stop pushing the idea that you're a free lynch. If I felt like you were actually a lynch option, this case would have come way sooner. You, Kantrip, and Disfunk are all pushing this idea and it just doesn't work with the actual situation that happened with Soup. Consider retrospective a bit.

OoC, but regarding your "no one listens to me" post and thinking you're useless, we'll talk in post game. Most of my time playing the game before I quit was in that exact same boat. Definitely have thoughts here, but with how many people have pulled this defeatist mentality, I want to keep that out of this thread as much as possible until this game is over.
See I don’t fully think that’s the case. Soups outburst was a problem. But no one switched to him being scum until Ryker came in and went off on him for it. Then everyone started backing him.

If there was enough resistance by this thread I could have been an easy Lynch. And soup could have then been bought with me because thought he was defending me most of the game even though he was still voting for me. And while I would flip town I’d say people would have still flocked to soup right after because he’d look scummy as hell then. So I do think it was easy enough day 3 and easy as hell day 1

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uhh. Did you just imply Laundry is bussing you?
i figured someone would say this. Not from a we are scum point, but that he’s bussing as scum to look good to you now and because the lynch isn’t going anywhere else like he wanted.

I’m not scum but I think his actions here are scum folding into the current lynch subject

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What makes you certain one of Funko and Z25 has to be scum?
Z voting for Soup and getting him lynched then using that lynch as a reason to call me scum is scummy as hell dawg, especially when the alternative wagon was Nabe, his swap is a big reason Nabe didn't die, and he continues to hold Nabe as scum despite that fact.

With Funko I think his treatment of the Nabe wagon was also fairly suspect given that he still thinks Nabe is scum. He didn't have a good answer when Nabe was grilling him either about that swap. I'm definitely skeptical of the slot, and if Z flips mafia then his "we shouldn't lynch our scummiest players" post is a whole lot more questionable in hindsight as Z is the biggest beneficiary of that kind of post.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If there was enough resistance by this thread I could have been an easy Lynch. And soup could have then been bought with me because thought he was defending me most of the game even though he was still voting for me. And while I would flip town I’d say people would have still flocked to soup right after because he’d look scummy as hell then. So I do think it was easy enough day 3 and easy as hell day 1
You had meta defenses on Day 1. If you could have been lynched D1, you definitely would have. Shishoe town read you, Pokechu meta read you before coming back 4 minutes prior to deadline, Laundry had other priorities, Ryker walled the wagon on you off, Fire/3K/Nabe were afk but could have went with you or not. 3K had FE, though. Nabe iIrc had Soup/FE but said he'd default to you iirc? I don't remember anything about Fire tbh. Even if everyone around that wanted you over most others voted you (Me, Kantrip, Laundry), the chances of FE wagon winning over that are pretty high. The fact that Laundry, myself, and Kantrip all made cases on you and people defaulted to AFK vs AFK should say more than enough on how easy you were to lynch D1.

Saying "if Soup didn't blow up I was an easy target!" is just straight up bad. It happened regardless, and it didn't happen late into the phase. We had to deal with that early and people were defaulting onto him by the midway point (specifically two people I would really need to get you lynched). Unless you expected me to come out of the gates with a case on you swinging my arms and shutting down the conversation between Soup/Laundry/Kantrip that lead to the blow up, there isn't a world where you are lynched there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, last post and then I REALLY have to leave for a bit.

What makes you so certain the scumteam can't be Nabe/Joey/Ruy from your PoV?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wanting Ryker day 2 when Pokechu was someone you expressed interest in a lot more.

Why make that turn with that priority? Why hold off on Pokechu who you had interest in?

Can you convince me me Joey is scum outside of him wanting to lynch you? I’m not totally off him but I find him more likely to be town given rereading yesterday and today.
My interest in pokechu was based on his **** posting being way more than usual and that was it. I didn’t think he or shishoe had the right to call eahother out for lack of content.

But at the same time they could of have that relationship in these games. Pokechu jokes around a lot with lynched and whoever he talks to. I didn’t read either as really scum and didn’t agree with going after someone for basically one post.

I went for Ryker because just like we learned day 2, and today there is no way mafia is putting the easier of their buddies in the pool. They want the most shady townspeople and that’s exactly why I’m here today. So I went for someone I thought scum would be more likely to put in the pool because they can get away with it. I still hold true that both pools the scum is the most town viewed person because it’s how they get away with that pool. Mafia doesnt win without one of their people being at least super active and pro town. And you can say what you want but I bet right now post game will prove this point. The mafia needs an advantage when they have no kill and this is how. As for joey.

I say read this if you haven’t:
Actually the more I think about it, the worse joeys walk is.

A majority of his points are him signaling me or for things everyone is doing.

I already bought one example to the table being that Ryker has also been out here making connections to past games. And apparently because Joey likes Rykers slot he’s ok with that.

Then he’s complaining about my read and vote changes. We literally had people switching votes to different people and different reads all over the place yesterday.

Lastly hes just finding nitpicks that could easily be made for other people. Like my pokechu post for example where I say he wasn’t scum. That’s somehow overlooked because I voted pokechu even though I explained my reasoning numerous times. He just doesn’t like it to not like it.

Then there’s the other parts. He seemingly takes no isssue with nabe’s posts until he is grilled on nabe being scum.

He also refuses to believe and find Laundry’s post looking a little bad after his soup fight. Which honestly if you can’t see those two things as at least possibilities, how are you town?

Joey is proving he isn’t open to discussion on some of the bigger plays no matter how hard it wants it to seem he is.

He’s been fixated on me from the start even when others read me as town st the start. It’s pretty clear he wants to j my see a picture where I’m scum and he hasn’t hard stayed on any other scum choices really.

Sorry but I’m not going to allow this. It screams a scum play where he just wants whatever I say to sound bad so he can hang me. Everyone else is great except me and I don’t accept that narrative. Scum read me all you want but not looking at other possibilities. Sorry that sounds like teammate defending to me.

Vote: Joey

In the meantime. If I can get on my laptop I’ll give you reasons I’ll make damn sure there’s a wall on him. Because scum shouldn’t be winning this easily

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What makes you so certain the scumteam can't be Nabe/Joey/Ruy from your PoV?
I don't think Ruy/Nabe are mafia together. I think at best one is but their interactions seem a little more TvT. Ruy was pushing for Nabe before this phase and I don't see Nabe deflecting the bus back at his own partner rather than redirecting attention to other areas as it's a lot of extra effort to win the game that way. It is a little convenient that Nabe was on Fire early and is now on Ruy again but I think that's my only point of concern and there were two phases between them where Nabe wasn't banging that drum iirc.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: As for Joey, his only major stances in the game are Z scum, Laundry/Ryker/Kantrip town. You could put him in with a mafia that doesn't involve Z and make it sound plausible but I don't think I'd bark up that tree without the paper trail in hand.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It has taken me this long to get a post through the redirect ad.

Frustratingly, that Z vote makes sense from a Laundry perspective because he doesn't have to consider a Laundry scum scenario. I, however, do. Bleck.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Call me crazy but after Joey's demeanor and how hard he suddenly decides to go this phase, I kinda wanna lynch him.

It helps that I get town vibes from Ryu and can't fit him on many scum teams.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #1746):
  • Ryker: 0
  • KY Joey: 2 (Disfunkshunal, Z25)
  • Red Ryu: 2 (Nabe, Ryker)
  • Z25: 3 (KY Joey, Red Ryu, Laundry)

Not currently voting: Kantrip

1 hour remains in this phase.
With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Remember that only the four players listed above may be voted for in this phase! Votes for other players will not count.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Call me crazy but after Joey's demeanor and how hard he suddenly decides to go this phase, I kinda wanna lynch him.

It helps that I get town vibes from Ryu and can't fit him on many scum teams.
This is where I'd expect you to be lol.

Here for deadline btw.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He said the same thing about me Day 1. I think his use of the word bus is not how we use it.
I don't put much stock in "scum slips" like that. Too easy to me a ****ing typo. Not every slip is Freudian. I just had no idea what the **** he really meant.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Z25 Z25 Here's what I mentioned to you.
Working with you here,

Best to worst list.

Vote: Z25

1. Z25 slot played scummy yesterday and I am concerned that no one batted at eye at his super scummy post yesterday.

2. Nabe he is playing in a way that makes me extremely uncomfortable. I got little top go on and I can see him sliding into end game with nothing to go on when I know he can do better. On top of that, what he has posted has been not as memorable.
Here's Ryu near the start of Day 3. I'm listed as Ryu's #2 lynch.

I want z25 super dead fyi
Then:
Where is your head at in terms of a vote? I read this but does this mean you do not want z25?
This is directed at me later the same day. I respond to Ryu by quoting my post about you from an hour prior.

what about Nabe and other less active people like ridu.
To Joey.

Ryu unvotes Z25.

Let me go over my general thoughts and what I am thinking.

z25 being easy is fair critism and something I have been thinking about with this past posts. Don’t like his day two how he played off Ryker and how he set up a domino lynch.

What i am thinking with those recent walls is maybe he has an idea of hiw he wanted to proceed? sure it’s easy like Pokechu but Pokechu always plays in a way I find scummy and i’d rather lynch over bothering to see a pattern with Pokechu. Unhelpful and playing in a way that is pretty much constant **** posting and then when he wants a lynch it’s people he’a
s not a fan of. Seen this in two other games before this and it’s the same here.

so back to Z25, too easy of a fallback? Sure I can see why people would see it, but his day 2 was pretty bad. What makes me pause is reading recent walls he’s posted. Making me think is there a thought process to this? It’s why I unvoted.
Reasoning, next day. It's 11:28.

Soup wasn’t on my radar until his manipulative ATE post. The way he backed off and admitted he did it to paint attention is gross.

He’s done it before as scum in particular one game where he replaced our ad scum with an ATE wall and admitted he did it as a tactic to get his slot to win. That game did solidify if he ever does this i’d just lynch him.

He knows exactly what he is doing and it is intentional, this is again this. Likely will vote his way at days end which is a few hours.
11:53.
Self-preservation kicking in, recent comments looking like I'm not gonna get a laundry lynch

Vote: Z25
12:42.
Ok, yeah now that I've actually read, I really don't like what I've seen from soup today. After catching up, I'm more inclined to believe that his left field reads are as much of a gambit as his not really a meltdown, meltdown. Soup > Fire-Ryu/Nabe > Joey > Z25 > The rest

Vote: Soup
12:47.
Nabe bugs me mostly from the fact I got nothing outside of him throwing me table scraps. He’s said, wow lots of content, but just stuck to trying to talk with Soup slightly and i’m not sure where he stands on an overall cast view.

it’s also the fact he is always at the sidelines, but this time i’m just a lot more bothered since he’s not really been in the spotlight to much of an extent. Easier for him to coast if he is scum so i’m not a fan.
1:02.
I agree completely and he's the one I want to see hang most today if I'm being honest but it's a hard sell to drum up support for an idle wagon when people have specific reasons for wanting others to hang first. Nabe mentioned that he agrees with most of Kantrip's comments and so I assume we're supposed to glean his reads from whatever Kantrip says? But why would we allow Nabe to also take credit for Kantrip's contributions?
1:10.
I’ll be blunt, I really want to see Nabe get hanged.

i don’t like giving Soup am inch but Nabe’s been bugging me all game.

vote: Nabe

I have little reason to let Nabe off the hook where as Soup and Z25 I got more that really makes me think and contemplate.
1:15. The Nabe wagon starts here. At this point Ryu should be looking towards players who are around to climb aboard. And whether he's in-thread or away, he could also make a bet that every player will show up at least once before deadline, and tag people ahead of time mentioning me and his case about me.

I think it was actually you @#HBC | ѕoup that said in a past game "Be the change that you want to see"

VOTE: NABE
1:18. Two votes.
I kinda like your vote in hindsight, I talked to Ryker about Nabe before and I've been thinking one of you or him is Mafia, and furthermore, I could greater pressure Laundry about the Fire wagon and him saying scum was on it.

Vote: Nabe
1:21. There's the initial three votes.

Joey posts at 1:33, 1:40, 1:46.

Back to this actually

Vote: Laundry

THUNDERDOME BABY

MARSHY ARE U WATCHING
1:46.

Ryker at 1:56, "I don't mind the Nabe direction F Funk ".

I've thrown out most of his D2 content because the majority was asking questions that had been answered while he was catching up. I appreciate his reads but I he hasn't said anything that's made me consider anything in a different light, nor has he brought up anything that hasn't really been considered. Because of that, he hasn't won me over as town but I do appreciate his contributions.

I disagree with his Z25 push but I fully understand it. He pretty much said he finds soup suspicious but instead of voting for him, chose to temporarily dissuade me from the wagon with a Nabe lynch. I agree with this push but on a Nabe town flip, Ryu looks much worse to me. By extension, on a Nabe scum flip, he looks much better.

I feel pretty confident that Soup is scum but I believe I can get more information from a Nabe flip than a Soup one.
2:14, liked by Ryker.

vote: Z25

Self-preservation again, its worth a shot lol
2:19.

I feel like I want to go back on Soup with that jack and forth again.

ugggg.

this emotional pulling is really getting to me because if he is scum I will 110% policy lynch Soup every game he is in and will reference this game and the other one he replaced our as scum as a “tactic”

i’m giving Zero quarter for it.
This post is at 2:41. So Joey and Ryker have been floating around for an hour at this point.

If Nabe is town i’m crewed but we’ll go from there.
I’ll be around the next 2 hours to move my vote if need be.
2:50 and 2:52. Ryu isn't making a rally or trying to grab any players who are nearby. He's not posting any tags either. So by making this post at 2:52, what Ryu is actually doing is committing to swapping to the main wagon at deadline, which will be Soup.

Z25 votes Soup at 2:56. Joey asks Z at 3:08, "Why Soup over Nabe?" Z's response at 3:21 gives reasoning for Soup, but doesn't rule me out in any respect. At 3:36, Z confirms that he will be here at deadline.

3:21, Ryker says the scumteam likely contains one of Nabe/Ryu.
3:40, Funk says Soup and Nabe lynches are on equal footing. 4:23 is Funk's unvote to avoid voting shenanigans.

More confident the slot is motivated by malicious intent than the other two from the limited content. I’m not a fan of shadow games and the way I can’t hold him to much.
4:29. (I can't figure out why you keep saying, "I can't hold Nabe to anything" rather than "Nabe hasn't mentioned any stances" but whatever.)

An hour left eh?

Nabe is a no go.

Vote: Soup
4:30. At this point there was actually a half-hour left, but regardless of how much time he thought there was, in reality there was ample time to make a Nabe lynch happen since he began the wagon. Ryu wouldn't have started the wagon to begin with if he hadn't thought there was room to make it happen.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
What's that mean?

My recent interactions with you don't feel like what interacting with someone who has hard townreaded me all game should feel like.
You don't have anywhere else to go if you think Ryu doesn't fit on scum teams.

When you're wrong, you're wrong. I'm not going to sugar coat it just because I town read you.

Sitting on Laundry scum in your pocket for something that isn't even accurate is not something I'd want to leave town with if I get lynched today and you guys inevitably go for him. The fact that you're being stubborn about it and even Ryker had to get involved says more than enough imo.

#HBC | Nabe

I was and still am fully willing to do what it takes to gun you down.

if you flipped town I would look like **** today and I would have just dealt with it and moved on. If I get lynched and flip town the best part is that you are coming with me.

in what part am I framing or faking this? Reread the end of yesterday and tell me how my leave off of you was scummy with that short time frame.

I made my choice when it was me alone.
The above post is also a response to this, Ryu.

#HBC | Nabe

I've asked a lot of people about it, floated the idea, and fence sat long enough so I'm just gonna come out and say: I don't like Red Ryu.

This post is the only substantive thing he's given us:

Z25 is the easiest scumread to have that no one seems to object to, and Nabe and Joey are literally just on the list to put faces to the fact that everything else Ryu feels is PoE. He mentions thinking that there is a max of one scum in the pool of nominees from Day 2, but his exact stance jumps around from "maybe Laundry because he would try to get away with it" to "if there is a scumteam out of you 3 it's you and Laundry because of all your practice playing together" to "it's been on my mind seeing how yesterDay went down, especially Ryker + Kantrip interactions." At the end of it I come out thinking that Ryu could justify thinking any of us are scum, and even in a team together, and it boils down to the only actual hard stance he gave was scum on Z25. He refuses to give a townread when asked, and the closest thing he's given is "I don't get the scumreads on soup" but then he says he doesn't like soup's reaction later in the Day, and he says "normally I can read Joey easier than I can in this game" but still doesn't offer anything other than "I still want Z25 super dead fyi."

Then everything else is vague clarifying questions that give the air that he's still catching up when in actuality he's current but he's just throwing questions out that look like he wants clarification. At the end of the day, the only stance we've actually gotten out of Ryu is that he wants Z25 dead.

Vote: Red Ryu
kantrip hi

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This day phase is more and more boiling down to how much I am willing to bet the game on Laundry being town/scum.

If I believe Laundry is town, then Z25 is where I want to go,

If I believe Laundry is scum, then Joey is probably the play because I think Joey is on every single Laundry scum team I could make.

Ruy is STILL the safe lynch because I'm extremely confident one of him and Nabe has to be scum. However, people don't seem to be inclined to go that direction.

A townflip out of Joey with a wagon of Kantrip, Z25, and Disfunk is a baaaaaaaaaad look for the next phase. A Z25 wagon townflip with any wagon is an even worse look. Both of those flips only really help me if it hits scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You don't have anywhere else to go if you think Ryu doesn't fit on scum teams.

When you're wrong, you're wrong. I'm not going to sugar coat it just because I town read you.

Sitting on Laundry scum in your pocket for something that isn't even accurate is not something I'd want to leave town with if I get lynched today and you guys inevitably go for him. The fact that you're being stubborn about it and even Ryker had to get involved says more than enough imo.
If you flipped town I'd feel better about Laundry tbh. I do think the lynch toMorrow should be between him Nabe and disfunk though, because I wanna lynch outside of toDay's nominees. Assuming I'll just tunnel Laundry in LyLo is silly. Sure I've had my eyes on him, so to speak, but you and him are talking like I've got a hunger that only a JoeyLaundry scum team can satisfy.

Nabe is suspicious too. I've townread the disfunk slot but I'm willing to entertain him.

If we're wrong toDay LyLo is likely quite a toss-up which is why I feel like scum really wants us to be wrong toDay.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If you flipped town I'd feel better about Laundry tbh. I do think the lynch toMorrow should be between him Nabe and disfunk though, because I wanna lynch outside of toDay's nominees. Assuming I'll just tunnel Laundry in LyLo is silly. Sure I've had my eyes on him, so to speak, but you and him are talking like I've got a hunger that only a JoeyLaundry scum team can satisfy.

Nabe is suspicious too. I've townread the disfunk slot but I'm willing to entertain him.

If we're wrong toDay LyLo is likely quite a toss-up which is why I feel like scum really wants us to be wrong toDay.
If it ends up between Z25 and Ruy, where do you land?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ryker: who are ryu's possible mates? Not Nabe, not disfunk. You think he's up on the block with his partners rn?

Top Bottom