• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape to the Surface, Octolings for Smash + splatoon 3 discussion

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Yes Smash doesn't reference the original but instead references the Switch port for some reason.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes Smash doesn't reference the original but instead references the Switch port for some reason.
but the character was still out and about, if we're counting that as a roy situation then i think a lot of characters fall under that banner

XI wasn't on 3DS I don't think. VIII was ported with additional content from the PS2 to 3DS.
no it did, just not outside of japan

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea for a spinoff game. I think I'd like to see Splatoon as a 2D platformer. They did this with Pikmin on the 3DS. I'm sure Splatoon can also be made into a 2D platformer. In addition to story mode, Splatoon 2D can also have a level editor, which lets you make your own levels, and share them online.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have an idea for a spinoff game. I think I'd like to see Splatoon as a 2D platformer. They did this with Pikmin on the 3DS. I'm sure Splatoon can also be made into a 2D platformer. In addition to story mode, Splatoon 2D can also have a level editor, which lets you make your own levels, and share them online.
splatoon maker?

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
splatoon maker?
I guess you could say that. I think it would be interesting to see Splatoon as a 2D platformer.

I have lots of ideas for Super Mario Maker 3, but don't know the best place to discuss them. One idea I can say would be in the Super Mario 3D World game style, one item can be a Zapfish that turns Mario into Inkling, who can shoot ink at enemies and walls, climb up walls higher than Cat Mario, and throw Splat Bombs.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I guess you could say that. I think it would be interesting to see Splatoon as a 2D platformer.

I have lots of ideas for Super Mario Maker 3, but don't know the best place to discuss them. One idea I can say would be in the Super Mario 3D World game style, one item can be a Zapfish that turns Mario into Inkling, who can shoot ink at enemies and walls, climb up walls higher than Cat Mario, and throw Splat Bombs.
Well we’re always happy to talk about Mario game ideas in the toad thread

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Well the Mii Costumes did come with a theme relating to the fighter they came out with.
Min Min: Fighting game characters and newest Nintendo IPs
Steve: Characters who use similar things to Steve
Sephiroth: Characters from Final Fantasy and Geno bonus.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well the Mii Costumes did come with a theme relating to the fighter they came out with.
Min Min: Fighting game characters and newest Nintendo IPs
Steve: Characters who use similar things to Steve
Sephiroth: Characters from Final Fantasy and Geno bonus.
Are we sure it’s deliberate?

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
I think we'll get more Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Mii Costumes, maybe a Deluxe Mii Costume and miscellaneous ones

Dukefire

Smash Master
The question is, if a deluxe mii costume happens, who would it be? It could that or one of the remaining Mii Costume from Smash 4

Dukefire

Smash Master
It will be a sad day for them like how Geno was shown before Sephiroth's showcase started in Sakurai Presents.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im just happy that the first female hairstyle is not genderlocked anymore
I mean theyre squids they have long tentacles

also theyre squid form always has this hairstyle:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
There have been talks by fans about an "apartment" feature. Would you like to see it? I think it'd be cool to tie it to the Amiibos too. Scan in an Amiibo and get stuff for your apartment.
I know I'd love to have an apartment in a post apocalyptic setting. Reminds me of settings like Portal 2, Nier, or The Last of Us.

NieR: Automata Part #77 - Episode LXXV: This Continued
The Last of Us — Melissa Altobello

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
Another idea for a Splatoon spinoff would be a game set during the Great Turf War, so players can experience what it was like. When Inklings and Octolings were at their bitterest, and Cap'n Cuttlefish was really young. This was before Splatfests, and Turf Wars for fun were even thought of. It would be like Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, which is another game set in the past. Another game in this similar manner is the upcoming Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

Even long after the war, Octolings were still outcasts, until one day when Octolings like Marina came to Inkopolis, and eventually Agent 8. Then, Inklings and Octolings were finally on better terms.

So anyway, I've discussed two ideas for potential Splatoon spinoffs, like Splatoon 2D, and Splatoon: The Great Turf War. Splatoon 2D would be single player Splatoon as a 2D platformer, including a level editor which lets you make your own levels, and share them online. Seriously, this franchise needs spinoff games.

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
There's been this leak going around called concert leak. I would like for you all to have a look and tell me your thoughts. Also we'll see Thursday if Octolings are Mii Costumes or not because of Rex & Pyra being Nintendo reps. 🤞
Concert Leak

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Who is in every leak. You mean Crash as he's in every leak. I hope this isn't credible because otherwise it's the end for Octoling in Smash Bros Ultimate. If it's true then they would somehow have to be saved by miracle with a FP3 or echo Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who is in every leak. You mean Crash as he's in every leak. I hope this isn't credible because otherwise it's the end for Octoling in Smash Bros Ultimate. If it's true then they would somehow have to be saved by miracle with a FP3 or echo Fighter's Pass.
It’s fake. There’s no song for Ken, and that would be an over three hour concert. WITHOUT BREAKS. so yeah

not to mention, this pandemic...

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
We've got another blockade to go through first. Mii Costumes. If the Monster Hunter Mii Costumes return then this is fake and also pray for no Octoling Mii Costume.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i might have misread it but crash was the only one i saw on it

Last edited:

MiniGeek2000

Smash Apprentice
Well we don't have Octoling Mii Costumes yet which raises a few eyebrows. I think concert leak is truly debunked because Monster Hunter Mii Costumes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I had a theory that Octolings will be the last DLC

Ultimate started with Splatoon and it’ll end with Splatoon

right? Only seems fitting?

Top Bottom