• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Error Code 86240

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Happens every single time I try to join someone's game, Friends and With Anyone.

I've restarted my router/modem several times, and that's what usually does the trick. On nintendowifi.com I read everything on how to fix it, but it got to complicated for me.

So can anyone mind helping?

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
If you have your Wii on DMZ and you still get this then it's probably Nintendo. The same thing happens to me. It occasionally works, but it's pretty rare. Actually, it could be at particular times of the day... both today and yesterday it seemed to work at around 3:30 to 4:30, then from 10:30 to 11:something

It may have something to do with bridging(not totally sure what that is at all) or your router.

But I'm thinking it's Nintendo's servers. WFC is really getting to suck. (makes me wish hosting private servers was possible...)

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I used to get this constantly, but I fixed it. You just have to give your wii a static ip and forward all your ports. If you don't know how to do that, your screwed >.>

Superkid11

Smash Rookie
I used to get this constantly, but I fixed it. You just have to give your wii a static ip and forward all your ports. If you don't know how to do that, your screwed >.>
Like I said above, I did do that and I still get it almost constantly. Sometimes it does work, but most of the time I get the error.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
The situation your explaining seems to be what happened to me before I gave my wii a static ip and the like. Are you sure you did all the procedures correctly?

Top Bottom