• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EPsilon's Apex Training | Falls Church, VA | Tuesday December 27

Which day is preferred?

• Tuesday Dec 27

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Wednesday Dec 28

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Either works

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
Videos & Results

[collapse="LB4"]DarkFlame :falcon: vs ♥ :peach:[/collapse][collapse="LB6"]Korn :marth: vs ♥ :peach:[/collapse][collapse="LS"]Sage :peach: vs Korn :marth:[/collapse][collapse="2v2 GF1"]Redd :jigglypuff: & Boss :fox: vs Sage :peach: & DarkFlame :falcon:[/collapse]

[collapse="Melee 2v2"]

1: Boss & Redd
2: Sage & Dark
3: DuckPimp & Alch0ol
4: Knees & Toes
5: Avail & HawkEye713
5: Jay & Wenz
7: Ian & Michael[/collapse][collapse="Brawl 2v2"]

1: Korn & SlikVik
2: K4L & Lol.
3: Seagull & Tiger
4: Luckay & UrbanMenace
5: 2Fast & Zanna
5: Dark & Boss[/collapse][collapse="Melee 1v1"]

1:
2:
3:
4: Sage
5: ♥
5: SypherPhoenix
7: BigWenz
7: MinQ
9: DarkFlame
9: ephoenix
9: Alch0ol
9: Winston
13: DuckPimp
13: LittleBoyLarry
13: Hot$
13: AvailJunior
17: Poyo
17: Ian
17: Lol.
17: Bisnap
17: HawkEye713
17: Jay[/collapse][collapse="Brawl 1v1"]

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
5: Luckay4Lyphe
7: Poyo
7: Tiger
9: Redd
9: Lol.
9: DarkFlame
9: 2Fast
13: Hot$
13: UrbanMenace
13: Speed
13: Lenus
17: Chaz
17: BigWenz[/collapse]

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I beat Slik in WF's and I believe Luckay lost to Korn. Unsure if Zanna vs Boss happened.

Fun time overall. Got great practice in.

:018:

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Shoutouts to everyone I'd played. Great stuff, and thanks for hosting. (I was the really creepy, quiet guy who'd helped straighten up the venue, and played several Melee friendlies). Now all I need is a source of consistent practice >.>

My thoughts about this event

Thank you for attending. We got 18 Brawl entrants, 22 for Melee, and 33 people who showed up total for a tournament

I'll be making this into a Summer monthly series. But the only days I can run these would be on Mondays or Tuesdays. That's when they close the latest (9pm). When does high school end this year?

I should have been more firm about Bones's you-can't-enter-both-teams-events rule. There was 1 team in Brawl where both players also entered Melee in separate teams and held up the Melee tournament when playing Brawl

Brawl is too slow. 3 stock isn't feasible for running Brawl and Melee with teams and singles. Brawl 2v2s would have to be dropped to make this run faster. Or what I think would be better is if Brawl was 2 stocks instead of 3. They'd last only a little bit longer than Melee games. Or we could just copy new Jersey and have 1 stock games with bo5 (bo7 for finals)

I only got 4 videos recorded. It's impossible to record and TO at the same time

I need to think up a better food strategy. I was thinking everyone would eat after the event finished but people wanted to eat in between tournaments which slowed down bracket games

Thanks to everyone who helped out with setups and seeding

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Don't hate the TO. Hate the game.

:troll:
lol. I'm really surprised at how long the brawl matches took. I went to the bathroom when a match started and when i came back it was still going on.

I think it would be best if you alternated between brawl and melee events every other week while people can still come and play friendlies for the other game. Or have brawl 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments and melee crew battles.

I think I can only reserve them on a monthly basis which means there'll only be 3 events this Summer. It's too infrequent to feature only 1 tournament game put the other for friendlies only

The venue has room for only about 10-12 setups. Step up and bring bring 5 for Brawl, 5 for Melee. I supplied 2 full setups for Melee, 1 full setup for Brawl, and 1 full setup for Marvel. Bringing a setup is easy

Top Bottom