• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic "Team Luigi" Reskin project

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Alright guys so I thought of a sweet idea, but it would take a lot of work on my part (and hopefully yours too thats why I'm here), so here goes.

We all know about texture hacks by now. I play with about 25 of them on my wii at all times, from team rocket Luigi to Obama Captain Falcon, it just makes the game better. But what if we reskinned them for something more than just to mimic other games/media?? What if we made a custom skin for each prominent Luigi out there? There are infinite possibilities, we could have your full gamertag on the back of Luigi's overalls for everyone first off. On mine I plan to put LK on the front of his hat, and mess around with his shoes and quite a few other things. I'm sure you all would have plenty of ideas of your own.

The only problems I can foresee involve most of you guys simply... not having homebrew. Or an SD card, or any of the tools needed (all you actually need are twilight princess and an SD card...) So I at least would only be willing to do skins for those that can use them, obviously. If I'm the only one here who even uses homebrew... we'll have to let this die, haha.

And to be honest I'm very new with actually reskinning things myself, so hit me up if you're interested in helping!

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Don't worry hippie, there is seriously NO risk in modding right now. None. If your wii somehow found itself a way to brick, I would paypall you $250 I'm so confident it is safe.

Examples of how awesome reskins are. (I use most of these)
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/al_090128_1938binout-150x150.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/ChronoExplosion/Texture%20Hacks/th_de7764f3f3c5ec3a.jpg

Thats just a taste of some of the decent ones.

If you want to see more try using the internet, there are so many out there its almost stupid.

chic

Smash Ace
i saw a cool mr L. reskin before haha. i think the idea is pretty cool but personally i'm not a fan of texture hacks or w/e. i rarely even change from luigis default color :D good luck tho

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
LK i'd love to jump into texturing but I don't know where to start, besides having the homebrew and all that stuff up. Maybe we can do a workshop or something for people who want to help but don't know how to texture edit ;p. I have off next week so i'll have time to do it then.

Or you can should us the threads/sites where you got your info from .

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I recently got the Homebrew Channel via Twillight Hack (btw hippie, it is SOOO simple... no worries mate). I'm down for texture hacking my Luigi. Just gimmie a short tutorial, or link to a tutorial, and I'll see what I can do.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Pink Luigi is my favorite one. Nothing to change. Sorry LuigiKing! ^_^ <3
I actually have one for Luigi that is just regular pink Luigi with pimper white shoes! And the L is replaced with a G... haha, its pimpin.

And alias and elheber I'm going to figure out all this stuff for myself over the next few days so I'm actually prepared to teach you guys. You can find all the stuff you need on one of the stickies in the smash workshop though. Just go general discussion -> smash lab -> texture skin thread

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a good idea. I have Homebrew and have been wanting to texture hack for a while now. I would want a personal Luigi with the face of BearJaw (avatar) and some blood on his overalls.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
If you revive that clan then you can all have uniforms.

Aren't we not allowed to talk about haxz?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
If you revive that clan then you can all have uniforms.

Aren't we not allowed to talk about haxz?
There is actually an entire board devoted to hacks. Why would we not be allowed to talk about them?

And also: You have to have photoshop to do any of this FYI.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Well one time, I was in the PR and they closed a thread because they talked about stuff like this. Anyway, forget it.......

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Tennet, you're so good. Now you got the controller and the character. Now you need a Wii with your name.

Top Bottom