• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Post Number 3000, a thanks to every one of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hiroshi better put me in his 3000th post!!!! (for the zebra cakes)

Also XIF is one of my favorite people, and him and Green Mario need to come to UCF and hang with me and Q and ColBol more often.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
<3 Xif :)

Man it was so much fun hanging out with you green mario and linguini >.<.

VLS was so much more epic cuz of it :psycho:.

I hope you make it to pound 3 so we can all hang out again :lick:.

EDIT: <3 your peach :) its amazing.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Wtf hiroshi almost as 3K posts?

Alex, I make the general observation of how much we are cheated because many of us do not get to hang out with the others on a regular basis. Sometimes I think we're all cheating ourselves of company and comeradery when we stay at the tourney the whole time and play the game. Thinking back to any given tournament, the highlight of them has always been at the late night restaraunt or the lunch in between singles and doubles. Unfortunately, many people do not go to these, or the conversation at the restaraunts is centered on smash because it's the easy topic. I wish more people would wait to eat with Darrel and I every time at Gigabits.

That lunch we all had at the recent one with SFL was so much fun. CFL seems to be missing out on that part--we all just go with our respective crews to our typical eating place. Having Nouc Green Chops and Xif (and friend) unexpectedly at my house for a week a summer ago was such an incredible experience, because we got to do more than just smash. We goofed off and busted soda cans open, but those silly actions are unforgettable.

That said, the opportunity for these friendships would not even be there if it wasn't for this game. It is totally wild to me that so many friendly and genuinely good people would like a single video game. Because of the incredibly high ratio of good people at smash tournaments, if one assumes it is a good average sampling of the human race, it certainly establishes some faith for me in our world. It is either this or those attracted to this loserish activity must be of similar kindness-trying to explain why this would happen is something I am at a loss for.

Of course we miss out on sincere friendships. Most of us only know each other through the video game. We are there to play and to compete, at least at first or in theory. (However, some of us go to have fun and see our friends.) Of course our conversations are typically about smash. It is something we all share in common, why would we deviate to another topic?

I would recommend a concious effort to try to actually get to know the people you see every month or so. This requires effort on both smasher's parts. It requires a deliberate abandoning of smash topics in conversation, a purposeful meeting of the two in places outside of the tourney venue.

Goodness knows I'm thankful for everything this community has given me. To think I have friends across the entire US at this point, a network which would at the drop of a hat provide me housing and a sense of direction and home if I got lost or stuck in somewhere I'd never been before. Several of my closest friends now I met through the tourney scene. I'm closer with at least one of them than I've ever been with anyone else. I wish that experience of the tournament scene to anyone and everyone who enters it. Obviously, not everyone's will be the same, because we are different people. However, you don't know what you can have until you start to make an effort toward it.

To think that a guys who all I share in common with is the like of a video game could mean so much to me...

Thanks guys.
a giant

QFT

for you.

When I get my new car depending on how good it is i'll be making a much bigger effort not only to travel back down to Florida every month or so but to even travel further north for some of the bigger smashbros tournaments on the EC. Exarch you are really one of those people that it upsets me when I think of how little we get to see each other because every time we meet its like a black hole of god****ed awesome. You're house in gainesville just feels like home and I cant think of a single time i've hung out with you it hasnt been amazing.

I'd like to say though that h1roshi can do what he wants with his 3000th post but I felt almost obligated to do this because i've been here for a long *** time and as for now of the active FL community members i've been here the longest. lets recap every major FL event i've been a part of.

I was around during the heyday of G-spot and Halo5God, my entrance into smash was their peak. My first tournament was yanime in May of 04 that was run by Swen and eric (CloudStrifeX and Jigglyfuuk) bet some of you didnt even know who they are or their old smashboards accounts. Delaini got first and Halo5God got second. I was still playing sheik at the time, i had gotten second to last at this tournament. This was also noucles's first tournament

barely a month or 2 after that was when QDVS and rock crock entered the scene. Rock Crock always played fox but QDVS had a small stint of Doc playing back then. His name then wasnt QDVS though but Red Shalobi, I later found out that it was his older bro's account.

later that year I remember eric tried to host a giant tournament (Era of Legends) that was supposed to attract many out of staters. It never did and it was actually cancelled but maverick hosted Last Howl in its place. me and Halo5God got 4th in teams at that tournament, and goldwing and lumbro got first in teams and first second in singles, which they used to go to TG6. This was the tournament I started to use doc exclusively. I still sucked. This tournament was also one of the first meleeguy (now fenrir) had come down to. fenrir used to team exclusively with his dad who played peach. His dad was awesome.

The beginning of the school year of 04 was also when I met green mario. We ended up having to do some spanish project and instead i showed him smashbros the entire time and he was hooked.. It was only a couple months before we were even and then another 2 or so til he could beat me. I still sucked.

Then february of 05 was Omnismash. another larger FL tournament but Gspot didnt show. Swen hosted it and this was the peak of pillpushers performance. He got 7th place with zelda only. pills was an amazing player, and well... was lost to WOW. This was Lambchops's first tournament and he had gotten 3rd place, losing to foxhound. Noucles had gotten first place. Lambchops had beaten maverick and he had gotten 4th. Also this was Green Mario's first tournament. We both placed second to last but everyone was extremely impressed by his mario even then. oh what they were missing. Oh, this was also thomas tipmans first tournament, I had lost to him in losers. Swen was quoted (by me) saying this about tipman:

"His little up air spike trick is cute, but not useful. I found a way around it every time, trust me... its just a cute trick it wont ever be useful."

The month after Omnismash was MLG Orlando 2005, which Husband, Oro,, Eddie, and Mr Silver came down to. This tournament saw the introduction of DooDah, 1-up, and Cameron. Me and Green Mario both still sucked and did not make it out of first round of pools. No one from Florida placed above husband, Oro, eddie, or Mr. Silver. A crushing blow to our credibility. Delaini came the closest but suicided his last stock lead versus husband. Delaini also delivered one of the best tirades of trash talking ever.

Later on this year was the peak of ZP's popularity. There were several ZP tournaments and these saw the introduction of a couple CFL smashers to the scene as a whole, including exarch and others. This was around the time I started to pick up Peach. Also this was the time where some other lesser known smashers started to attend more tournaments, like shoshone and others.

It was this summer that I attended FC3, with only myself, QDVS, and Rock Crock to represent Florida. I got dead last in first round of pools, QDVS barely didnt make it out of second round, and RockCrock got 5th seed during 3rd round of pools. I got man'd at this tournament and a chicken choked me.

Later on this year was PAWS, hosted by maverick, which NEO attended. Many people already knew the controversy around it, with the pot ****, plus 10 dollar total door fee, plus the ridiculous food pricing, and how NEO overall lost money going to the tournament. Rock Crock was actually able to beat NEO first set with ganondorf, but NEO came back and crushed rockcrock 6-0 in grand finals. This was one of the first tournaments smashmac, speedn, and shiz attended, along with now inactive crew member beta. They sucked. alot.

then 2006 rolls around and thomas tipman hosts SACS, which comp and tetra came down to, and which got a very large turnout even though it was on superbowl sunday. Also around this time was when rafa was living down in south florida. tipman had decidedly beaten comp in losers semis but lost to flowin in losers finals, who then lost to lambchops in grand finals.

FORT1 again then happens and this was the first time i placed top ten, after a major upset when I beat queen, and a ridiculously close set with rock crock. I lost to queen anyway in losers so =/. This perhaps boosted my ego way too much <_<; This was also the first tournament for slynkee, sighrax, ryan spark, and mandy moo.

It was shortly after this that Nexus gained huge popularity. If you werent there on the weekends who were you? many people easily drove an hour just to go to the smashfests at the Nexus. The enviroment was great and they had alot of food always.

And then around spring time Doodah hosts "Kokichi is a ***got" an extremely successful tournament in which a large majority of DA went to, including mikeG, wes, comp, bluchu, and others. This saw lambchops beating out wes in the grand finals, a stunning upset to anyone who wasnt Florida <_<; tipman was also stomping on wes's samus until he went sheik, which saw tipman losing all too horribly.

And then summer rolls around and... well now it really isnt history is it? Almost everyone knows about FC6 and how the brothers repped us, and then how shiz and speedn started to dominate, the rise of gigabits tournaments, MLG orlando 2006, Helios coming to Florida, and then onward into 2007...

I never really meant for this post to happen, but well... it did. <_<

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Heh thanks XIF for the entry :). Nice combo vid. by the way. Yeah man I remember when I first fought you. Since then we've all gotten a lot better.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Wtf hiroshi almost as 3K posts?

Alex, I make the general observation of how much we are cheated because many of us do not get to hang out with the others on a regular basis. Sometimes I think we're all cheating ourselves of company and comeradery when we stay at the tourney the whole time and play the game. Thinking back to any given tournament, the highlight of them has always been at the late night restaraunt or the lunch in between singles and doubles. Unfortunately, many people do not go to these, or the conversation at the restaraunts is centered on smash because it's the easy topic. I wish more people would wait to eat with Darrel and I every time at Gigabits.

That lunch we all had at the recent one with SFL was so much fun. CFL seems to be missing out on that part--we all just go with our respective crews to our typical eating place. Having Nouc Green Chops and Xif (and friend) unexpectedly at my house for a week a summer ago was such an incredible experience, because we got to do more than just smash. We goofed off and busted soda cans open, but those silly actions are unforgettable.

That said, the opportunity for these friendships would not even be there if it wasn't for this game. It is totally wild to me that so many friendly and genuinely good people would like a single video game. Because of the incredibly high ratio of good people at smash tournaments, if one assumes it is a good average sampling of the human race, it certainly establishes some faith for me in our world. It is either this or those attracted to this loserish activity must be of similar kindness-trying to explain why this would happen is something I am at a loss for.

Of course we miss out on sincere friendships. Most of us only know each other through the video game. We are there to play and to compete, at least at first or in theory. (However, some of us go to have fun and see our friends.) Of course our conversations are typically about smash. It is something we all share in common, why would we deviate to another topic?

I would recommend a concious effort to try to actually get to know the people you see every month or so. This requires effort on both smasher's parts. It requires a deliberate abandoning of smash topics in conversation, a purposeful meeting of the two in places outside of the tourney venue.

Goodness knows I'm thankful for everything this community has given me. To think I have friends across the entire US at this point, a network which would at the drop of a hat provide me housing and a sense of direction and home if I got lost or stuck in somewhere I'd never been before. Several of my closest friends now I met through the tourney scene. I'm closer with at least one of them than I've ever been with anyone else. I wish that experience of the tournament scene to anyone and everyone who enters it. Obviously, not everyone's will be the same, because we are different people. However, you don't know what you can have until you start to make an effort toward it.

To think that a guys who all I share in common with is the like of a video game could mean so much to me...

Thanks guys.
I <3 Exarch for this post.

Truthfully, I've been really depressed lately, and it's made me emo about smash, but for some reason, this post made me feel better.

I told myself after tha last gigs that I wasn't gonna travel more that an hour for a smash tournament, but thinkin about the Ale house and that pizza place, and riding with Xif, Sighrax, Tommy T, NBPMike and Corey, Ryan Sparks, Sly, my lovely girlfriend and of course Kyle(and now Cameron)(and even chops too) has made me think of smash in a differnt way.

<3 the Florida smash community.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i wish i could go to florida for thanksgiving to go to the tourney, but oh well. xif, you already know i have mad love for ya, man. i still remember when we first met, and we used to have those close, heated sets against each other. lol, you **** me now, unfortunately, but i'm glad you have grown into such a great smasher. you are the first person i met from the florida community, and we hit it off nicely. i mean, you were always mad nice to me. when i went to florida one time for a tournament, you were there to greet me with an excited hug. i was mad excited when you said you were gonna come to GA Tech, because i knew we'd get to hang out more.

and to touch on the florida community, i love you guys so much. when i was there, everyone i met treated me mad nicely. doodah, tipman, nbp mike, green mario, and everyone else i met. you guys don't know how happy i was when you all had shown up to smash aid seven. i also had gotten the chance to meet exarch and col bol there, which i enjoyed very much. i know that a lot of you don't remember me, as green mario didn't remember until i saw him at VLS this past weekend, but i just want to say how much fun it was meeting and hanging out with all of you, and i hope i get to see everyone at some point in the near future. xif, you truly are the gateway to so many fun experiences i've had in the smash community, and to so many of the great people i've met. you're a great friend, and i love ya, man. on a side note, we need to smash more...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
XiF is a good dude. He is cool to me at tournaments, and he has a good Peach.

I am tired, and I'm the best KevinM. D:

...Seriously, though; XiF is serious business.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
D@MN i dont get no love from xif in this post. we had some good times at your house i kno u havent forgot about that. its all good tho, at least give me the chance to thank you for showing me everything i need to kno bout peach. if it wasnt for u i would still be strugling to d smash and float cancel (and pretty much everything else useful with peach). so thanks alot man for teaching me the ways of peach, and playin till 7 in the morning till it was time for some mcgriddles to just go back right after and play some more for about 3 nights str8, i really appreciate it man. (even if u did forget all about me) lol. ur still a beast tho.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
me and uuaa actually started in the scene at MLG orlando as well. it was our 1st tournament. but we went by melee prodigy and flawless victory respectively....peace

-hiroshi
I think me and rfx played you guys in teams. That just so happened to be our first tourney also

Gerbil

Smash Champion
no shoutout for Gerbil? :(

*is now sad*

after the Gerbil Cancel and everything... *cries*

:p j/k congrats on your epic 3,000th

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Your an awesome person too XIF!

And i try to keep smash up, I think i go to a tournament once every couple of months. I went to giga like 2-3 months ago, now i just went to FIU. I'm tryin to keep it in ma system :).

But thanks for the shoutout, much appreicated. :chuckle:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom