• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter The Darkness: Dark Samus Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Fingers crossed.

Other M will most likely get a stage & I'm hoping to get a stage from Corruption. Sanctuary Fortress & Phendrana Drifts would make nice stages as well.

:phone:
I agree with your choices on Prime stages, but Other M's locations are incredibly bland and forgettable, while the game wasn't liked, to say the least. I wouldn't mind if Smash 4 just glazed over Other M's existence in favor of more Prime stuff.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wikitroid. Apparently it's official artwork. Typically I don't unlock the art packages on my Trilogy game, so I'll take their word for it.
I see. Would've been cool if we came across that large spiky creature/object in-game on Phaaze.

I agree with your choices on Prime stages, but Other M's locations are incredibly bland and forgettable, while the game wasn't liked, to say the least. I wouldn't mind if Smash 4 just glazed over Other M's existence in favor of more Prime stuff.
Other M's Biosphere was at least unique as far as regions in 3D Metroid games go, not that I see it being a stage necessarily. The forest environments is kinda what Norion in Prime 3 would've been if we got to explore more of that planet.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm 99.9% positive the Other M stage is going to be the Geothermal Power Plant. It's just Prime that is questionable, but depending upon how DS plays out will determine that, in my opinion.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I'm 99.9% positive the Other M stage is going to be the Geothermal Power Plant. It's just Prime that is questionable, but depending upon how DS plays out will determine that, in my opinion.
Oh boy, lava. And I don't think Dark Samus being in will determine the stage. Bowser doesn't have a Bowser's Castle stage (for some reason). There are a bunch of great choices for Prime stages.

-Skytown Elysia
-Phaaze
-Sanctuary Fortress (with a dark/light mechanic?)
-Phendrana Drifts

Among others, but they stick out in my mind.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I actually would like one on Norion, and in the background, there would be like Dark Samus and Meta Ridley killing Federation Troopers, and the Troopers would be using hypermode and killing Space Pirates
Or on Skytown there would be the Steamlords and Tinbots fighting and Ghor in his mech would be fighting

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually would like one on Norion, and in the background, there would be like Dark Samus and Meta Ridley killing Federation Troopers, and the Troopers would be using hypermode and killing Space Pirates
Or on Skytown there would be the Steamlords and Tinbots fighting and Ghor in his mech would be fighting
I would love to see more dynamic war-zone esque stage backgrounds - especially Metroid stages.

Though Dark Samus appearing as a background detail would mean she would not be playable...:: cries ::

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I still don't get how people can claim she is a clone, without having played the games and only going off of name.
if you wanted a clone of Samus you can have the SA-X

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still don't get how people can claim she is a clone, without having played the games and only going off of name.
if you wanted a clone of Samus you can have the SA-X
When I predicted that if she added she would be a semi-clone, it wasn't because I wanted her to be a clone or thought that Dark Samus is nothing more than a Samus clone, it was because that was the only realistic way I saw her having a chance at inclusion. If any Metroid rep is to be added it is Ridley, and if Sakurai runs into problems at the last minute for whatever reason and needs to add/replace characters, a relatively sensible and easy-to-implement clone with relative popularity would be Dark Samus. I don't think Sakurai will make the effort to add two unique new Metroid characters, and while you're right in that Dark Samus could be so much more than a semi-clone, honestly I see it as her best shot.

This is at least my reasoning for thinking that she would be a clone. Plus characters with less in common than Samus and Dark Samus have been made made clones. :ohwell:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
If he puts her in at the last minute as a clone, he will probably just change her moves a little so its like Lucarios attacks, with the blue clouds coming out.
But if they are only putting Ridley in then i hope they at least give Samus a huge buff

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If he puts her in at the last minute as a clone, he will probably just change her moves a little so its like Lucarios attacks, with the blue clouds coming out.
But if they are only putting Ridley in then i hope they at least give Samus a huge buff
Yeah, I don't think she'd be a straight clone like the ones in Melee (sorry if I said it that way), more of a semi-clone like the 5/6 in Brawl.

And Samus should get a huge buff no matter what characters are put into this game.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Yeah, I don't think she'd be a straight clone like the ones in Melee (sorry if I said it that way), more of a semi-clone like the 5/6 in Brawl.

And Samus should get a huge buff no matter what characters are put into this game.
You mean like Mario to Dr.Mario? His moves just looked a little different with small adjustments to speed, power, and agility.
She would probably be similar to Falco in Brawl. Still like the main character(Fox), with some of the same moves, but with a lot of them being different. Because in Brawl they changed a lot of Falco's attacks but still kept his specials the same.
But i hope he doesn't do that and takes the time to actually put in a good moveset for her.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You mean like Mario to Dr.Mario? His moves just looked a little different with small adjustments to speed, power, and agility.
She would probably be similar to Falco in Brawl. Still like the main character(Fox), with some of the same moves, but with a lot of them being different. Because in Brawl they changed a lot of Falco's attacks but still kept his specials the same.
But i hope he doesn't do that and takes the time to actually put in a good moveset for her.
Sorry for the late reply, but yes I meant like Fox to Falco in Brawl, not like Mario to Dr. Mario in Melee.

I believe if Dark Samus is added she will have mostly different A and Smash attacks, as well as different speed/weight/strength than Samus, but similar specials (of course differentiated like Falco's were, but still based on Samus's specials). And of course a unique character would be preferable, but I'm just looking at it realistically.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
It would almost be exactly like Fox to Falco, but with a different final smash.
Can't do Zero Suit, maybe all those copies she can make of herself would pop up and, one for each enemy character, and they would play better than a level 9 CPU, and they would attack the other people while you keep playing, they will attack too, and they would have to be better than normal computers.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
It would almost be exactly like Fox to Falco, but with a different final smash.
Can't do Zero Suit, maybe all those copies she can make of herself would pop up and, one for each enemy character, and they would play better than a level 9 CPU, and they would attack the other people while you keep playing, they will attack too, and they would have to be better than normal computers.
I think it would be cooler if she dropped a Leviathan on the stage or turned into the Metroid Prime.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Like a giant meteor? It could even be cinematic. She hovers above the floor, and then it looks up into the sky and you see the Leviathan coming down. You would aim it with targeting and then BOOM!
On a side note, Zero Suit should be her own separate character, with Samus getting hypermode as a Final Smash, and ZS could do something with her whip, like sticking it in the ground and making like a Smart Bomb explosion.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
When the Leviathan lands, the explosion could release many Metroids that attack opponents.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
When the Leviathan lands, the explosion could release many Metroids that attack opponents.

Phazon metroids...
They would stick to an opponent, and as they hurt them, they get bigger and bigger, and then they explode, which is the killing potential. They would do like 30-40% damage.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Phazon metroids...
They would stick to an opponent, and as they hurt them, they get bigger and bigger, and then they explode, which is the killing potential. They would do like 30-40% damage.
Oh cool :awesome:

It would be pretty epic to see a stage covered in Metroids.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
When i played Metroid Prime 3, i hated the phazon metroids, because they would repel missiles, and it would take a lot to kill them, then i got the nova beam and the X-Ray visor, and i was like, " Metroids Please! Get out of my way noobs!"
Giant clouds of phazon would go across the screen like the smoke bombs.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I fully support Dark Samus. I think that if Ridley is not chosen, then Dark Samus is for sure!
She will never can be a dark zero suit samus, because... well...this:

Creepy to see her/his/it true face

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Dark zero suit would not exist, because DS only stole the suit. Theoretically there could be a Zero Suit Samus-X
But yeah DS is the next best and almost only chance

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for Dark Samus as an alternate costume of Samus. I think Ridley would be better as a separate character though.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Dark Samus is not a clone in the sense of Dark Pit or Link. It is a name put to a creature that physically resembles Samus but is completely different in every other aspect.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
if Ridley is not an option, then Im for Dark Samus. I'm more for Ridley because he's a bigger part of the series, and if they can figure out a way to make him work, he could be a great character. Dark Samus would be a good character also, but i wouldnt want it over Ridley

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
if Ridley is not an option, then Im for Dark Samus. I'm more for Ridley because he's a bigger part of the series, and if they can figure out a way to make him work, he could be a great character. Dark Samus would be a good character also, but i wouldnt want it over Ridley
Agreed, but I figure they both deserve a spot. Metroid is underrepresented in Smash and Ridley and Dark Samus are some of the few viable, important characters. I don't think you need any more Metroid characters after them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The argument against Ridley is size and Dark Samus is a clone

and both arguments can easily be argued with. Ridley can be resized by hackers, so it shouldnt be totally difficult for the developers. Dark Samus is much different from Samus in general, sharing only a mildly similar appearance.

im sure at least one of them will make it into the game. if neither of them are, and we still only get Samus, then Sakurai should expect some frustration from the fans, considering the lack of Sonic probably would've caused a similar reaction for Brawl. Maybe it's apples and oranges, but Ridley has been a huge request for some time now if im not mistaken. Dark Samus is in there too, and is at least a back up to Ridley if he doesnt work.

Or maybe they'll both be in =o

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
And on the almost nonexistent but horrifying chance that it is neither of them, my bet would be on Sylux because at the end of Prime 3 it shows a ship looking similar to Sylux's ship but phazon corrupted. So I'd it isn't Ridley or DS then it will be a hunter. I also liked Samus's hunter gunship from corruption, i thought it was more in line with her badass armor than that weird disk saucer thing. And what I mean by the arguments was that people want to deny another Metroid rep off of dumb arguments. They want the spot(s) to go to some two bit character that has the minimum of support. Or to another character from another over represented franchise. Like another Pokemon or Mario character.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
OMG let's just imagine that our friend Mypantisgone didn't do that confusion. that no double posts happened

So look here:

Someone can have an idea looking at this? A special or final smash, aniway... I duno here... Also it was very creepy when she absorbs the other bounty hunters in Metroid Prime Corruption.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^^Nice double double post up there. ;)

And on the almost nonexistent but horrifying chance that it is neither of them, my bet would be on Sylux because at the end of Prime 3 it shows a ship looking similar to Sylux's ship but phazon corrupted. So I'd it isn't Ridley or DS then it will be a hunter. I also liked Samus's hunter gunship from corruption, i thought it was more in line with her badass armor than that weird disk saucer thing. And what I mean by the arguments was that people want to deny another Metroid rep off of dumb arguments. They want the spot(s) to go to some two bit character that has the minimum of support. Or to another character from another over represented franchise. Like another Pokemon or Mario character.
I'd guess that we'd get no new Metroid characters before we get a hunter. Unless one (probably Sylux) makes another important appearance, none of the Metroid characters other than Ridley and Dark Samus have nearly enough popularity or importance to their series to be seriously considered by Sakurai. It's unfortunate that Metroid has so few realistically plausible characters, but on the bright side there's a very good chance for Metroid to get a new rep this time around. I'd still bet against anybody but Ridley or DS to be included though.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
^^Nice double double post up there. ;)

I'd guess that we'd get no new Metroid characters before we get a hunter. Unless one (probably Sylux) makes another important appearance, none of the Metroid characters other than Ridley and Dark Samus have nearly enough popularity or importance to their series to be seriously considered by Sakurai. It's unfortunate that Metroid has so few realistically plausible characters, but on the bright side there's a very good chance for Metroid to get a new rep this time around. I'd still bet against anybody but Ridley or DS to be included though.
I hope that it is like the Kirby franchise an get a two for one. But unless they are making another metroid prime game before smash 4 is released, they could include Sylux as a sort of boost.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope that it is like the Kirby franchise an get a two for one. But unless they are making another metroid prime game before smash 4 is released, they could include Sylux as a sort of boost.
It's unlikely, but not impossible. I'm guessing that if Ridley is added, Sakurai will think that Metroid has good enough representation for SSB4, and would only add Dark Samus if he needed a last-minute semi-clone. It's not like Kirby, who even after Meta-Knight was confirmed, Dedede was still among the most popular characters. The same can't be said for Dark Samus. On the other hand, if Dark Samus is added first, I'm guessing that would be because Sakurai couldn't get Ridley to "work" in his mind, and he wouldn't be included as a playable character at all.

As for Prime 4, there's alot of ifs in that possibility. IF Prime 4 is in development now, IF Sakurai knows about it, and IF Sylux plays a large role in it, then I could maybe see him as a candidate, but otherwise not. If it isn't currently in development, and/or Sakurai isn't familiar with it, then I very much doubt his chances, as Sakurai's recent comments seem to hint that he's selected most (if not all) of his roster. I doubt games that aren't yet in development will have much effect on the playable roster of SSB4.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Off topic I can't wait for another metroid game, and not wanting to sary a war here, because Other M was a letdown gameplay wise. I played Zero, Fusion, Prime 3, Other M, about half of Metroid, none of Metroid 2, and maybe 60% of Super. And they were all fun. And then Other. So I hope they have either a Fusion 2, because they have a great push off of the story, or a Prime 4, because once again, they have a great startin mold. Any what I meant by what the Kirby thing was getting neglected for two games and then a big boost with two characters. Fzero and Metroid need more reps. And while Captain Falcon has a whole crowd of friends and rivals, Samus has the big two, and a crowd. Ridley and Dark Samua are the only two enemies that appear multiple times and would be playable. And the crowd is the hunters. I would hate to see Dark Samus or Ridley get shunted to the adventure mode. I thought that Ridley should have been playable and Mother Brain the boss.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Ever hear of "retro" versions of characters...?

Just give Dark Samus one of Samus' old movesets (i.e. her Melee one), add Phazon effects, and there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom