• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
If that turns out to be true, then I'm going to have to buy more DLC than just the Torna story, which is what I was planning on. Damn you, Monolith.
Well, it's all part of the expansion pass, isn't it? So you jut have to buy the one thing, I believe.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Well, it's all part of the expansion pass, isn't it? So you jut have to buy the one thing, I believe.

Wow, I had been operating under the assumption that I could buy the DLC piecemeal, since that's what devs usually do. Looks like I HAVE to buy the pass. Not to drag this into a debate about DLC practices, since I know I'm unnecessarily opinionated on the subject to begin with, but I hate it when companies do that. Nintendo did the same thing with Breath of the Wild, forcing me to pay for both DLC packs even though I had less than no interest in the challenge mode. I found the whole thing so distasteful that I didn't bother with it (and from the sounds of it, I didn't miss out on much).

But, a playable Elma and an extensive story campaign might be worth the price of admission on their own in this case.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I had been operating under the assumption that I could buy the DLC piecemeal, since that's what devs usually do. Looks like I HAVE to buy the pass. Not to drag this into a debate about DLC practices, since I know I'm unnecessarily opinionated on the subject to begin with, but I hate it when companies do that. Nintendo did the same thing with Breath of the Wild, forcing me to pay for both DLC packs even though I had less than no interest in the challenge mode. I found the whole thing so distasteful that I didn't bother with it (and from the sounds of it, I didn't miss out on much).

But, a playable Elma and an extensive story campaign might be worth the price of admission on their own in this case.
Yea, you buy the whole expansion or nothing at all. I'm not a huge fan of that, but it's no big deal for me. And Elma makes it all worth it imo

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
So, the VA of Elma, Caitlin Glass held a little QnA while she was board on a plane, and she admitted Elma is her biggest hope for Smash Ultimate!

https://twitter.com/caitlinsvoice/status/1022655618459553793

And she also has some other neat and funny things to say in it, so if you're interested, give it a read. She answered quite a bit of questions
I really hope this isn't just a hope, and that she knews something more about it...man, December 7th can't arrive sooner...

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I really hope this isn't just a hope, and that she knews something more about it...man, December 7th can't arrive sooner...
If Elma were to be Smash, Caitlin Glass would be under NDA so she wouldn't be able to blatantly hint at her inclusion. At any rate, she's not saying that she hasn't been contacted yet or anything along those lines, so her answer isn't exactly implying Elma won't be in Smash.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If Elma were to be Smash, Caitlin Glass would be under NDA so she wouldn't be able to blatantly hint at her inclusion. At any rate, she's not saying that she hasn't been contacted yet or anything along those lines, so her answer isn't exactly implying Elma won't be in Smash.
Yeah, that is what I thought. For a moment I feared that response meant that she wasn't under NDA, which would probably be bad for us Elma fans.
But you are right, that kind of response wouldn't break a NDA, so we are still on the run.

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I feel like if you're under NDA, dodging the question is more dangerous than "I hope she's in the game", even if voice recording is already done and she knows for a fact she's in the game. And with her knowledge of how voice recording goes in games, I'm sure she'd know if it's too late for Elma if she hasn't been contacted by that point.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
She'd probably have done voice acting for Elma in XB2 and Smash by now... if she's doing either.

I don't want to look into it to much but she did take a trip to England a while back supposedly to watch football. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks she could've ducked into a recording booth while there for Elma.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see Caitlyn hasn't deconfirmed Elma just like Skye deconfirmed Pyra

And I'm so happy she's coming to Xenoblade 2 as a Blade. I need her in my team!!!

Every time I come to this thread my hopes for Elma get higher and higher. Only a few months to know if she's really in. So hyped!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Caitlin seems like such a fun person. Here's hoping she gets her wish.
Yeah. She surely nice, besides being very talented. Besides Elma I love her as Canny in Street Fighter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Glad to see Caitlyn hasn't deconfirmed Elma just like Skye deconfirmed Pyra

And I'm so happy she's coming to Xenoblade 2 as a Blade. I need her in my team!!!

Every time I come to this thread my hopes for Elma get higher and higher. Only a few months to know if she's really in. So hyped!
Wait what? All I know is Skye tweeted about an “exciting upcoming project” and if anything that’s the opposite of deconfirmation, cause Adam Howden tweeted something similar before Shulk was confirmed almost four years ago

Last edited:

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ouch. Good news for us, bad news for the R&P guys. Also tweeting that worries me a bit for her sake, Nintendo is probably not happy to have that information released even if there's no NDA.

Edit: Oh that was tweeted back in June, it's probably not a big deal.
It was before E3 and Ultimate’s reveal too, so maybe there could still be hope there? I dunno

Cause before E3, it was just “Super Smash Bros. (Working title)” and not many details were known about the game.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
It was before E3 and Ultimate’s reveal too, so maybe there could still be hope there? I dunno

Cause before E3, it was just “Super Smash Bros. (Working title)” and not many details were known about the game.
I would really love it for all the Xenoblade protagonists were in, but I don't have very much hope for Rex and Pyra getting in the base game.

Though, it is always possible that Sakurai could have put a place holder in the project plan for a new Xenoblade character, and still have incorporated Elma into it. Idk

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
More over, I’m wondering...where was Caitlin flying to?

perhaps to the London studio for her Xenoblade 2 lines? The studio for Smash lines? Maybe...both??

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
More over, I’m wondering...where was Caitlin flying to?

perhaps to the London studio for her Xenoblade 2 lines? The studio for Smash lines? Maybe...both??
Imagine if she knows she's flying out to voice her lines in Smash, and she mentioned Elma as a sneaky hint. It's also possible that she could be going to voice her lines in XC2. Either way, I'm excited to see what it is!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Let's not get our hopes up: apparently her flight was for a convention, so while I don't know if she could snatch a dub in there, we shouldn't jump on conclusion just yet.

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't really get into Xenoblade X unfortunately, but my sister loves it and really wants Elma in Smash, so I support her for my sister's sake. I think she could make a rad fighter and it might convince me to give Xenoblade X another go, so here's hoping!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I couldn't really get into Xenoblade X unfortunately, but my sister loves it and really wants Elma in Smash, so I support her for my sister's sake. I think she could make a rad fighter and it might convince me to give Xenoblade X another go, so here's hoping!
Welcome aboard! Hopefully your sister's whish comes true (I know the feeling, my sister wants Toad in Smash XD).

I have a question for Sawano's fans: since there is the possibility that he might remix songs from other franchises, which are the songs that you think would be cool to hear with his style added to them? I don't know his music that much to have a clear idea about it, but I know some of you are big on him.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Welcome aboard! Hopefully your sister's whish comes true (I know the feeling, my sister wants Toad in Smash XD).

I have a question for Sawano's fans: since there is the possibility that he might remix songs from other franchises, which are the songs that you think would be cool to hear with his style added to them? I don't know his music that much to have a clear idea about it, but I know some of you are big on him.
I would like to hear some remixes from XC2 like maybe You Will Recall Our Names or Action Start.
It's a little hard to think of what songs he could do, since most of his songs fit the style of super action-y intense anime like Attack on Titan, and Kill La Kill
Idk if that would exactly fit the style of most of the properties in the game, other than maybe Snake and Ryu, but I don't really know many songs from their franchises.
If he could remix some Sonic songs, that would be really cool too. I'd like to hear his rendition oh His World and maybe All Hail Shadow. Also Live and Learn, and Open Your Heart.

Mark Helsing

Smash Rookie
You can add me to the support list. She's been on the top of my wishlist since Xenoblade X came out. I just got my own copy of X the other day so I'll finally be able to play the game the whole way through.

Icana

Smash Apprentice

Sawano is so insanely busy these days, there's a chance he might not contribute anything. If Elma's in, we might get some rips from Xenoblade X, but I'm not so sure we'll be getting any new stuff from him, unless his tweets about recent band and vocal recordings for his nZk project are related to Smash in any way. Guess we'll find out.

Recently he's wrapped up work with Attack on Titan S3 which is airing right now. Chances are he'll be recording more music for the show later on for the second half, but we don't know that. He's already completed orchestral work on the Gundam Narrative movie earlier this year, and that will be airing in Japan at the end of the year. It's speculated the "secret project" he was recording at the end of last year was for Gundam Narrative as well. I think right now he's been wrapping up work/mixing on Thunderbolt Fantasy 2 which he's been working on with Takafumi Wada, according to his twitter. That show airs in October. He's doing the OP and ED for that show with T.M. Revolution on vocals, but someone on the Sawano discord says it's not part of the nZk project. We know he's doing a vocal song with Nanami as well for something.

Sawano's Twitter: https://twitter.com/sawano_nZk (all in Japanese which I can't read well. Lot's of guessing on my part. My pals on the Sawano discord help to figure his current work flow out as well.)

Anyway, we've still got some time till Smash goes gold so I guess it's possible for the Smash team to schedule him for a song or two, if he hasn't done anything for Smash yet. I guess anything can happen till then, but right now I think Sawano is working on vocal songs under his nZk brand and we don't know exactly where those songs are appearing or how/when they'll be released.

Now, to finally answer your question: I'd want him to remix something from Golden Sun. Heeheee! :D

Edit: Well, after talking to the Sawano discord, seemingly there was a short recording in March for an unspecified project that they don't believe was for Gundam NT. It was supposedly really short too so... speculation is it could've been for Smash. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Sawano is so insanely busy these days, there's a chance he might not contribute anything. If Elma's in, we might get some rips from Xenoblade X, but I'm not so sure we'll be getting any new stuff from him, unless his tweets about recent band and vocal recordings for his nZk project are related to Smash in any way. Guess we'll find out.

Recently he's wrapped up work with Attack on Titan S3 which is airing right now. Chances are he'll be recording more music for the show later on for the second half, but we don't know that. He's already completed orchestral work on the Gundam Narrative movie earlier this year, and that will be airing in Japan at the end of the year. It's speculated the "secret project" he was recording at the end of last year was for Gundam Narrative as well. I think right now he's been wrapping up work/mixing on Thunderbolt Fantasy 2 which he's been working on with Takafumi Wada, according to his twitter. That show airs in October. He's doing the OP and ED for that show with T.M. Revolution on vocals, but someone on the Sawano discord says it's not part of the nZk project. We know he's doing a vocal song with Nanami as well for something.

Sawano's Twitter: https://twitter.com/sawano_nZk (all in Japanese which I can't read well. Lot's of guessing on my part. My pals on the Sawano discord help to figure his current work flow out as well.)

Anyway, we've still got some time till Smash goes gold so I guess it's possible for the Smash team to schedule him for a song or two, if he hasn't done anything for Smash yet. I guess anything can happen till then, but right now I think Sawano is working on vocal songs under his nZk brand and we don't know exactly where those songs are appearing or how/when they'll be released.

Now, to finally answer your question: I'd want him to remix something from Golden Sun. Heeheee! :D
While he might be occupied right now, he did a 1 day short session back in March, for a currently unknown project, but it is speculated to be Smash since Yoko Shimomura had a similar recording in the same period, and she is composing for Smash.
Apparently Sawano did a 1 day recording session for a secret project back in March:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...ikely_is_it_for_xenobladex_representation_in/

Icana

Smash Apprentice
While he might be occupied right now, he did a 1 day short session back in March, for a currently unknown project, but it is speculated to be Smash since Yoko Shimomura had a similar recording in the same period, and she is composing for Smash.
Haha, after I posted what I did above, I started chatting with the Sawano discord and they just told me about that session you just mentioned. Very interesting... and exciting!!

Edit: LOL, that reddit thread creator is MBgov, the guy I was talking to. lol

Last edited:

Shadow Ops

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone :)

I would love to join as a supporter of Elma. I had a dream last night where at the end of an X port for the switch was announced it did the smash logo tease I tell you I was screaming from the top of my lungs. Sadly I woke up :( but it would be good to talk to fellow Elma supporters so that's why I joined this site.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

I would love to join as a supporter of Elma. I had a dream last night where at the end of an X port for the switch was announced it did the smash logo tease I tell you I was screaming from the top of my lungs. Sadly I woke up :( but it would be good to talk to fellow Elma supporters so that's why I joined this site.
Welcome! So many new B.L.A.D.E.s recently.

IMG_20180729_141336.jpg

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman

Last night I had a dream about Elma too!
Having dreams about character reveals suck, because you wake up and realize it's all just a dream.
That's why I joined this site as well I didn't even know what Smashboards was until I found this thread But it's always nice to talk to people who support your favorite character!

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
That's why I joined this site as well I didn't even know what Smashboards was until I found this thread But it's always nice to talk to people who support your favorite character!
I know that feeling, I only joined the site a few years ago to support Palutena. After she was confirmed and Sm4sh was out, I went dormant until just a couple months ago.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Welcome aboard, fellow new BLADE members! ( FireFury190 FireFury190 L Loz18-Echo Mark Helsing Mark Helsing Igglybuff4SmashU Igglybuff4SmashU Shadow Ops Shadow Ops )

Does anyone know where Bebe Mignon Bebe Mignon is?

She has been absent for some time now that I think about it. I hope nothing bad happened.
I'm still around! Sadly, my Mac crapped out on me a couple months ago. It's basically useless at this point. It's really tough finding a convenient time to log onto Smashboards. I'm planning on buying a new laptop or getting it repaired, so hopefully I can become more active as speculation begins to ramp up soon!

By the way, I'm actually a guy, haha. I hate my username...I somehow didn't realize the name sounded feminine when I made my account.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Welcome aboard, fellow new BLADE members! ( FireFury190 FireFury190 L Loz18-Echo Mark Helsing Mark Helsing Igglybuff4SmashU Igglybuff4SmashU Shadow Ops Shadow Ops )

I'm still around! Sadly, my Mac crapped out on me a couple months ago. It's basically useless at this point. It's really tough finding a convenient time to log onto Smashboards. I'm planning on buying a new laptop or getting it repaired, so hopefully I can become more active as speculation begins to ramp up soon!

By the way, I'm actually a guy, haha. I hate my username...I somehow didn't realize the name sounded feminine when I made my account.
Great to see you back, Colonel!

Shadow Ops

Smash Rookie

Oh my it's the almighty leader.

But thanks for letting me join :)

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Oh my, when I see screenshots like that I can't really understand the people who complain about Xenoblade X having weird faces. She is so precius when she smiles.
Elma is always precious.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I love how you can see the difference between her "I'm being nice right now" smile, and her more subtle genuine one.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Just found out a new piece of information via the Xenoblade subreddit Discord.

Elma will apparently have Overdrive as a skill similar to Shulk's Vision skill. The people there are saying that she is going to be among the strongest Blade in the game.

Top Bottom