• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
I'd much rather have Rex. But I'll support Elma, since she looks cool and has guns, and is also Xenoblade, and I haven't played Xenoblade X yet.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Elma can fill that second requirement easily. What other character can switch between two sets of duel weapons?
Nobody could , something that could be close between guns and blades could be dante from devil may cry but he has just one blade and we have nothing currently like this in smash bros. Could lead for insane combos + arts and I imagine limite break ala cloud with her overdrive, that's why she could be pretty unique as a new comer.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Elma can fill that second requirement easily. What other character can switch between two sets of duel weapons?
Elma fills all those requirements.

1) She shows personality in her game. She is a calm and collected woman with strong leadership skills, but she also shows more of her feelings the more she knews someone.

2) Of course nobody else could provide a dual gun, dual swords moveset. And that's without including other advanced mechanics like weapon switching, the Skell or Overdrive.

3) I don't think she would be broken with her moveset, so that isn't a problem.

4) With Xenoblade receiving two full release and two more in the works (XC 3D and XC2) when the roster was decided surely justify the series getting a second representative.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
4) With Xenoblade receiving two full release and two more in the works (XC 3D and XC2) when the roster was decided surely justify the series getting a second representative.
The roster was decided late 2015, the same year both XCX and XC 3D (and Splatoon) were released. Perfect timing to get strong consideration from Sakurai.

My primary concern is Sakurai only choosing long-time requested characters for unique newcomers so far. And the fact there won't be many newcomers this time around.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The roster was decided late 2015, the same year both XCX and XC 3D (and Splatoon) were released. Perfect timing to get strong consideration from Sakurai.

My primary concern is Sakurai only choosing long-time requested characters for unique newcomers so far. And the fact there won't be many newcomers this time around.
Sakurai is not following long tine requests. He is following the Ballot. While Ridley and KKR have been requested for ages, that wouldn't have meant anything if they didn't performed well in the Ballot. People forget that among the "fan favourites" we have Chrom and Inklings.

Besides we have seen that Sakurai isn't ignoring modern games, just look at the Nikki and Badge Arcade Bunny AT.

Last edited:

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Sakurai is not following long tine requests. He is following the Ballot. While Ridley and KKR have been requested for ages, that wouldn't have meant anything if they didn't performed well in the Ballot. People forget that among the "fan favourites" we have Chrom and Inklings.

Besides we have seen that Sakurai isn't ignoring modern games, just look at the Nikki and Badge Arcade Bunny AT.
You're right. Just expressing my one concern that if Elma (God forbid) doesn't make it in, it's because Sakurai prioritized the remaining unique newcomer slots on characters that did well in the ballot.

Elma checks every other box: relevancy, moveset potential, uniqueness, etc. On these things, I'm not worried.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still think some unique characters may be hand picked by Sakurai, so I’m not too worried.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
You're right. Just expressing my one concern that if Elma (God forbid) doesn't make it in, it's because Sakurai prioritized the remaining unique newcomer slots on characters that did well in the ballot.

Elma checks every other box: relevancy, moveset potential, uniqueness, etc. On these things, I'm not worried.
Not only that but the fact that he said he bought the figure especially for the gun could be a way to hide it was not for the gun but for the figure itself.
If he had confirmed it was for the figure a lot of people would have been like "sakurai is making a mech game?" then when smash is revealed "oh so it's for a mech character or a character with a mech!" it's more subtle that way and perfectly in the way of teasing.
Something is really fishy about this figure not only it looks like a Doll/ Skell with the flight pack (almost the same design about the flight pack) but why teasing someting like this if this is just for a trophy.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I still think some unique characters may be hand picked by Sakurai, so I’m not too worried.
I agree with this but I must admit I'm kinda having doubts right now.

I totally believe the Verge Leak so 7th Gen Pokemon and Isabelle still need to be confirmed. I've got Simon my second most wanted newcomer I just need Elma and I'm done.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402

I totally believe the Verge Leak so 7th Gen Pokemon and Isabelle still need to be confirmed. I've got Simon my second most wanted newcomer I just need Elma and I'm done.
When Verge was asked about Isabelle on reddit, he mentioned one of his sources said Isabelle is an echo.

If true, I think that improves Elma's chances at snagging a unique newcomer spot.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The fact that none of the ‘credible’ leakers have mentioned Elma so far is a bit disconcerting to me. If there’s so many “clues” that are leading up to her confirmation, why haven’t they leaked her yet? Especially considering how close we’re getting to release. On the other hand, K. Rool, Richter, Chrom, and Dark Samus weren’t leaked, so they might just don’t know about her somehow.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Not only that but the fact that he said he bought the figure especially for the gun could be a way to hide it was not for the gun but for the figure itself.
If he had confirmed it was for the figure a lot of people would have been like "sakurai is making a mech game?" then when smash is revealed "oh so it's for a mech character or a character with a mech!" it's more subtle that way and perfectly in the way of teasing.
Something is really fishy about this figure not only it looks like a Doll/ Skell with the flight pack (almost the same design about the flight pack) but why teasing someting like this if this is just for a trophy.
Or it could be really for the gun, and that's because Sakurai might have needed a second gun for a particular character that uses two guns...you know who I'm talking about.
He uses those action figures to study characters poses and animations, like this
20180812_084320.png

As you can see some figures have accessories that resembles the character's weapon. Elma's movements would probably need some study, especially when she has both of her guns extracted, hence the need of two guns.

I too belive in Vergeben, and I also have a personal theory of mine about his leak. He once stated that he have heard of "at least half a dozen characters left " after E3, including Simon, but he didn't know if that number included echoes or not. After the Direct we had 5 new characters, but Vergeben said also Isabelle and a Gen VII Pokémon, bringing us to 7. Now since I doubt those two are the only characters left I belive that those half a dozen were the non echo ones, and considering that even Vergeben stated that Isabelle is most likely and echo, those six would be Simon, KKR, Gen VII and other 3 characters. My personal choices would be Chorus Kids/Rhythm Heaven rep, because Sakurai is seemingly bringing back cut content from the past like Sukapon and Ditto, and also because RH is the biggest Nintendo franchise without a character; Elma because of how big X was, of how unique she would be and because of Xenoblade gained enought traction to deserve two characters; the last one would be another fan favourite like Isaac, Bandana Dee or Geno (personally I would bet on Bandana Dee because Square is proving to be the least cooperative company in Smash, with only 1 character, 2 songs and not even a single AT, and it is debateable how much Isaac really did on the Ballot). Also he never claimed that those six slot were the only one left, so there might be even more, but that is my personal prediction on the final roster.

The fact that none of the ‘credible’ leakers have mentioned Elma so far is a bit disconcerting to me. If there’s so many “clues” that are leading up to her confirmation, why haven’t they leaked her yet? Especially considering how close we’re getting to release. On the other hand, K. Rool, Richter, Chrom, and Dark Samus weren’t leaked, so they might just don’t know about her somehow.
Exactly, remember that leaks have only occured about E3 related characters and about Simon, who being a TP meant that more people were involved than usual due to licensing etc. etc.
If a big gun like KKR can be kept under everyone's nose then the same could be applied to Elma, especially considering how much Sakurai is doing for avoiding leaks (having a separate demo without Ridley for the Championships, revealing all the characters before release...).

Last edited:

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
Yeah, it is concerning Verge or Loz18 haven't mentioned Elma, but as you mentioned, they were as surprised to see KKR as we were.

So far, neither of them have claimed to know the entire roster, so Elma's still possible.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I just want Elma so bad like this is her only chance in getting in. If she isn't in the base game I think her chances are gone :( As Rex and Pyra will definitely be DLC

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I just want Elma so bad like this is her only chance in getting in. If she isn't in the base game I think her chances are gone :( As Rex and Pyra will definitely be DLC
She might still be DLC whenever Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 becames a thing, especially since it would be the protagonist again.
Remember that people tought that Chrom missed his chance back in Smash For due to Awekening becaming old news. There is always a second chance. I know that, I was a Snake supporter during the Smash For days, I know the meaning of endurance and patience!

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
She might still be DLC whenever Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 becames a thing, especially since it would be the protagonist again.
Remember that people tought that Chrom missed his chance back in Smash For due to Awekening becaming old news. There is always a second chance. I know that, I was a Snake supporter during the Smash For days, I know the meaning of endurance and patience!
I love the Confidence's never really came across my mind about X 2

But I want to play as her right at launch kicking ass. Please Sakurai this is my only wish.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I love the Confidence's never really came across my mind about X 2

But I want to play as her right at launch kicking ***. Please Sakurai this is my only wish.
I have to agree. So far Sakurai delivered with the roster. He added my 1st (Snake), 3rd (Simon) and 4th (King K. Rool) most wanted characters, this roster is already a 9.5/10 for me...what would bring it to a perfect 10 no matter what is my 2nd most wanted: Elma.

And if you are reading this Sakurai please also add Shantae, she would bring it to a 11/10.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I already got my most wanted character (Ridley) after waiting for so many years of crushed hope time and time again, and managed to get Simon, Dark Samus, and K. Rool in as well for additional hype, so I’m set for Ultimate.

But if Elma makes it in, along with all the wonderful content she brings in from XCX, from the incredible music tracks such as “Uncontrollable”, the vibrant, immersive locations of Mira as potential stages, the giant freakin’ mecha she has at her disposal, and the lightning-fast, gun toting/double sword wielding playstyle she brings in that no one else can do, then I won’t be able to ask for any more newcomers without sounding greedy. I’ll be 100% content with Xenoblade representation then.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Good to know that the support for Elma is still going strong. Keep it up guys!

Anyway i hope nobody minds it but i really need to talk about something i just discovered in Xenoblade X, possibly the most stupidest mission ever:

It has been a while since i played the game and i discovered an Affinity-Mission for the character Boze which leads you in a cave on Cauldros. The mission was just to beat a monster on Level 46 (according to the xenoblade wiki it is called Trigger Scintimure). I cant use skells but everybody is on maximum level so it shouldn't be impossible right?

Well the problem is that the battle against said Monster (which can fly btw) takes place on very tiny platforms above lava and using the wrong arts (like Elmas Sliding Slinger) will make me immediately fall from the platforms which leads me to my 2. problem: As soon as this happens, its nearly impossible to get out of the lava because of the tight space and the fact that the games jumping mechanics are not build for precise platforming. To make things worse my AI-Team runs into the lava ON PURPOSE since they try to get close to the monster.

Even after multiple tries (and lowering the monsters level) i still couldn't beat it.

Anyway that's just a small rant of mine. Was there any way to make yourself immune against lava-damage (or at least lowering it)?
It has been a while since I played the game so I am a bit rusty on that.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Welcome to NLA, KiyoXDragon KiyoXDragon , Luviant X Luviant X , and L Loz18-Echo ! We officially have 123(4) supporters. ;)

---
Question of the Day: What is your favorite continent and why?

My answer: Oblivia

From the sprawling wastelands, to its floating islands, towering ring structures, and the giant chasm in the middle of the desert, Oblivia is A M A Z I N G. Like... #amazing.

Growing up, I was always fond of deserts. Oblivia makes me nostalgic because my family and I would travel to Las Vegas and the surrounding desert area almost every summer. The background music is pure eargasm and it practically oozes the fact that it is a desert.

In conclusion...just look at this iconic .gif!

Last edited:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice

Anyway i hope nobody minds it but i really need to talk about something i just discovered in Xenoblade X, possibly the most stupidest mission ever:

It has been a while since i played the game and i discovered an Affinity-Mission for the character Boze which leads you in a cave on Cauldros. The mission was just to beat a monster on Level 46 (according to the xenoblade wiki it is called Trigger Scintimure). I cant use skells but everybody is on maximum level so it shouldn't be impossible right?

Well the problem is that the battle against said Monster (which can fly btw) takes place on very tiny platforms above lava and using the wrong arts (like Elmas Sliding Slinger) will make me immediately fall from the platforms which leads me to my 2. problem: As soon as this happens, its nearly impossible to get out of the lava because of the tight space and the fact that the games jumping mechanics are not build for precise platforming. To make things worse my AI-Team runs into the lava ON PURPOSE since they try to get close to the monster.

Even after multiple tries (and lowering the monsters level) i still couldn't beat it.

Anyway that's just a small rant of mine. Was there any way to make yourself immune against lava-damage (or at least lowering it)?
I did this one. If I remember well, I stayed in the entrance of the room, started the battle, gave the command retreat to my party members (I think that is the name of the command), then I auto shoot the monster and waited for it to come as close to the entrance as possible. With that, I switched the party command to focus attacks and tried to kill it as fast as possible (even used TP restoring items). That should do.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I did this one. If I remember well, I stayed in the entrance of the room, started the battle, gave the command retreat to my party members (I think that is the name of the command), then I auto shoot the monster and waited for it to come as close to the entrance as possible. With that, I switched the party command to focus attacks and tried to kill it as fast as possible (even used TP restoring items). That should do.
Thanks for the advice. I will try it next time.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Welcome to NLA, KiyoXDragon KiyoXDragon , Luviant X Luviant X , and L Loz18-Echo ! We officially have 123(4) supporters. ;)

---

From the sprawling wastelands, to its floating islands, towering ring structures, and the giant chasm in the middle of the desert, Oblivia is A M A Z I N G. Like... #amazing.

Growing up, I was always fond of deserts. Oblivia makes me nostalgic because my family and I would travel to Las Vegas and the surrounding desert area almost every summer. The background music is pure eargasm and it practically oozes the fact that it is a desert.

Thank you for the laughs that GIF just gave me

Sylvalum. It's one of the best examples of how alien-like X's world can be, and it gave me those vibes of space exploration where astronomers turn up with evidence to planets that look so different from our own. I mean, just imagine being a low-level player and stumbling upon such an unknown place...

Plus, Sylvalum is truly stunning at night.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

---

Primordia for me. I know, I know; how basic can I be, right? Well, I grew up in the plains, so I have a bit of an affinity for them. It's also the place where I can most easily maneuver in my Skell's vehicle form. The landscape itself is also gorgeous, with all of its towering, rocky arches and huge fields.

And there are space dinosaurs I can punch with my giant robot.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

---

Oblivia is probably the only desert I actually like in a video game (alongside Mor Ardain in XC2). Especially that oasis area was really nice with the Nopon camp and so on.

But my favourite continent will always be Sylvalum. When I first reached that area I was astonished about the beaty of it, but also the many dangers it featured. Laso all that white was pure majestic for me, since I always lived snowy places.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman

---

It's hard to pick a favorite continent, when they're all so beautiful and bring something unique to the table.

I think my two favorites would have to be Sylalum, and Oblivia.

But if I really had to choose, I go with Oblivia.

Like you, I've always been really fond of desert settings too, I love the wide openness of them, and they always have mystery surrounding them, and Oblivia is no exception.

The reason I pick Oblivia above all the rest is due to the extensive amount of Mira lore that can be found there.

From the giant rings, thought to be from some ancient civilization.
The floating rocks, which are remnants of a civilization who constructed floating castles in the sky
Those are just some of the biggest mysteries there.

Oblivia fascinates me so much. I can just sit down for hours thinking about theories and stuff.

Were these two civilizations one in the same?
Were they two completely separate civilizations from completely separate time periods?
Are they connected with Mira in any significant way? Or were they just civilizations that landed here just like us?

The questions and theories about Mira are endless, but as far as I know, Oblivia has the most mystery surrounding it than any other singular region.

I'm a huuuuuge sucker for lore and mystery, and X definitely delivers on that, and Oblivia has the most intrigue, so that's why it earns the spot of my favorite continent.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hey there, I've been lurking this thread (and the board in general) for quite a while, and finally made up my mind to actually join! Xenoblade is a series that I've been in love with since it first came out here in Europe all these years ago, and X in particular is a game that I've grown to love a whole lot more after replaying it entirely earlier this year (accidentally deleted my save file. . .), and completing it 100%. I'd definitely want some representation for the game in Smash Ultimate, especially since I. . . haven't been too fond of XBC2 and Rex/Pyra, to put it lightly.

I'd also like to share this template I made for edits of Elma's Advice - I think for the purposes of this thread, it should come in handy?

---

Definitely Sylvalum. Between the music and the general look and feel of the place, it simply gives off the most captivating "alien" feel of all continents.
. . .Even if traversing the place can be quite bothersome, with all the Xe-Doms and other aggressive enemies.

jimbozo

Smash Cadet

What I did was give my avatar a full set of candid & credible gear. Wearing it will reduce that enemies attacks to only 1 hit point. From then I let my teammates die and tried to stay on the platform and kill it.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
To answer today's question, Oblivia is probably the continent I enjoyed the most. The open red plains and rocky cliffs make for some satisfying travelling with a mix of closed off and open areas. And as Fierymew said it has a lot of artefacts hinting that previous civilizations lived and died there, or left somehow, which has definitely fueled a few theories of mine. I definitely admire Sylvalum's wildlife a lot but it's layout feels cramped even in open areas. It's like a giant cookie burnt on the outer rim but undercooked elsewhere. With rat poison instead of icing.

I don't want to get excited but the prospect of Elma getting a double reveal at Gamescom is pretty thrilling. It'd leave a host of dead leaks in its wake and confirm that Monolith Soft don't think X is a 'spin-off' or experiment. ...and Elma would be playable in two more games, which is nice too. (And if she doesn't get in Smash, she'll still have one more appearance than she had previously!)

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
To answer today's question, Oblivia is probably the continent I enjoyed the most. The open red plains and rocky cliffs make for some satisfying travelling with a mix of closed off and open areas. And as Fierymew said it has a lot of artefacts hinting that previous civilizations lived and died there, or left somehow, which has definitely fueled a few theories of mine. I definitely admire Sylvalum's wildlife a lot but it's layout feels cramped even in open areas. It's like a giant cookie burnt on the outer rim but undercooked elsewhere. With rat poison instead of icing.

I don't want to get excited but the prospect of Elma getting a double reveal at Gamescom is pretty thrilling. It'd leave a host of dead leaks in its wake and confirm that Monolith Soft don't think X is a 'spin-off' or experiment. ...and Elma would be playable in two more games, which is nice too. (And if she doesn't get in Smash, she'll still have one more appearance than she had previously!)
I never understood the people who think that X is just a spin off. Have they ever heard of sub series, like Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X? It shouldn't be that hard to understand, especially since Monolith has been clear that they would like to continue both series.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Can't believe I haven't posted here yet because Elma is my second most wanted newcomer for Ultimate. Probably I'm also one of the few ones that liked X better than XC1. In fact, XCX is one of my all time favorites because no other game I've ever experienced succeded in creating such a great world with a stunning setting within (welp okay skyrim got me there). Elma simply is the best character of that game and also a pretty mysterious. I just hope that one day, we can visit Mira again (and hopefully Monolith has a bigger budget then so they don't waste the big potential of that setting again like they did in X. I mean wtf, a species doing everything to survive looks different than chilling all day in the city, I suppose).

Don't forget to add me to that supporters list!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Hey OP, go ahead and add me to the supporter list. Elma is my most desired character at this point and considering I've been added to support lists for characters I support less so, I might as well be added here as well.

As for the best Continent, I'm going to say Noctilum. It may not be as pretty as say Sylvalum but it feels more fun to explore and I love the music for this land. Still choosing a continent is a hard choice.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I get the feeling you guys all missed this:
https://twitter.com/caitlinsvoice/status/1028492620111200257
Her English VA has made multiple tweets/replies saying she'd like to voice Elma in Smash/that Elma's her most wanted newcomer.

That is, she isn't under NDA. ...Which means Elma's chances are incredibly slim.

She could've been recast, but Ultimate has been doing a very good job of getting characters' most recent VAs (FE, David Vincent for Richter despite not having voiced him in a decade), --with tweets like this happening this close to release, the situation isn't very good.

Last edited:

jimbozo

Smash Cadet
Her English VA has made multiple tweets/replies saying she'd like to voice Elma in Smash/that Elma's her most wanted newcomer.

That is, she isn't under NDA. ...That is, Elma almost certainly isn't happening.
We do know about this and have discussed it before. This doesn't exactly deconfirm her in any sort of way, nor does it prove she isn't under NDA. A basic response such as "that would be awesome" is less suspicious when compared to not responding at all. VA's do this all the time when asked about projects.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
We do know about this and have discussed it before. This doesn't exactly deconfirm her in any sort of way, nor does it prove she isn't under NDA. A basic response such as "that would be awesome" is less suspicious when compared to not responding at all. VA's do this all the time when asked about projects.
Compare to Adam Howden, where his only tweet concerning the matter at all was that he "had a big role" that he couldn't share because "they'd have his balls". I don't believe I've seen a single instance of a VA saying anything about a role they weren't publicly confirmed to voice only to end up voicing them.

As I edited into my post, she could've been recast, but that seems very slim in light of Ultimate's general trend with VAs in general.

I just think people are overestimating her chances heavily when we've got more or less a solid deconfirmation; if she does get in somehow, I'll gladly eat my words.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

That is, she isn't under NDA. ...Which means Elma's chances are incredibly slim.

She could've been recast, but Ultimate has been doing a very good job of getting characters' most recent VAs (FE, David Vincent for Richter despite not having voiced him in a decade), --with tweets like this happening this close to release, the situation isn't very good.
She only stated that would be cool. She have never said "but I wasn't contacted yet", which is something that most VA say when they aren't under a NDA. Look at how she is kinda vague about it, she doesn't say she is in or has not been contacted yet.

Shulk VA did that tweet where he talked about a big project by himself, which is actually quite dangereous, that's why he immediayely said that he wouldn't say anything more about it. She replied to a fan, and if you are a very active user on Twitter (like her) then avoiding to responde to that particular question would be even worse than giving a vague answer.

Edit: I also took a look at Adam's tweet.
https://twitter.com/A_HOWDZ/status/468458294223581184?s=19
It was made on May 19th, and Shulk's reveal was on August 29th. If Elma is planned to be revealed closer to the release in December, then those tweets might even been made before she was even contacted.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Compare to Adam Howden, where his only tweet concerning the matter at all was that he "had a big role" that he couldn't share because "they'd have his balls". I don't believe I've seen a single instance of a VA saying anything about a role they weren't publicly confirmed to voice only to end up voicing them.

As I edited into my post, she could've been recast, but that seems very slim in light of Ultimate's general trend with VAs in general.

I just think people are overestimating her chances heavily when we've got more or less a solid deconfirmation; if she does get in somehow, I'll gladly eat my words.
She didn’t say “I haven’t been contacted yet”. THAT would be a deconfirmation; this isn’t. This is just her being on the down low, and refusing to answer the question instead of giving a vague response would be worse when under NDA.

Top Bottom