• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I could totally see that, alongside a XCX port as well
I don’t think she’d play a role in the story. It wouldn’t make sense, and she’s also been confirmed to be a challenge mode blade, I believe
Yeah, a port is something they could totally announce at the Gamescom.

Sadly I know. Tought it would be awesome to see. I just want to see more of our beloved Colonel in action.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I'm extremely skeptical we'll hear anything about a XCX port at Gamescom. If they are indeed working on a port, it'll be announced many months after Torna ~ The Golden Country is released. I'd bet on E3 2019 with a worldwide release in the summer or fall.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I'm extremely skeptical we'll hear anything about a XCX port at Gamescom. If they are indeed working on a port, it'll be announced many months after Torna ~ The Golden Country is released. I'd bet on E3 2019 with a worldwide release in the summer or fall.
A XCX port definitely feels like a nintendo direct announcement imo, either the next one which is speculated to be pretty soon, or the one after that. having a port announcement at E3 would be pretty underwhelming.

It's interesting to me that Elma's reveal could almost parallel shulk's, he was revealed in a japan only 3ds direct which also revealed XC3D and was right before smash's release being the last reveal, maybe they'll pull something similar for elma

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I wouldn't exclude an announcement for a port of XCX in the following weeks. XC3D was announced before XCX even came out, so it wouldn't be out of the question. At least I hope that is the case, I would love to play again XCX on the go (so maybe I can achieve 100%. I stopped at around 75% and never could complete the rest...I'm still missing a playable character...).

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I wouldn't exclude an announcement for a port of XCX in the following weeks. XC3D was announced before XCX even came out, so it wouldn't be out of the question. At least I hope that is the case, I would love to play again XCX on the go (so maybe I can achieve 100%. I stopped at around 75% and never could complete the rest...I'm still missing a playable character...).
I completely forgot about the fact that XC3D came out before XCX did. I'm not counting on it, but I'd be thrilled if it gets announced over the next few weeks/months.

Lemme guess. Mia is the one you're missing? I don't have her either. I think my completion rate was around 60%. I wish I can go back and go for 100% too, but my Wii U appears to be broken...so not happening anytime soon. :(

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I completely forgot about the fact that XC3D came out before XCX did. I'm not counting on it, but I'd be thrilled if it gets announced over the next few weeks/months.

Lemme guess. Mia is the one you're missing? I don't have her either. I think my completion rate was around 60%. I wish I can go back and go for 100% too, but my Wii U appears to be broken...so not happening anytime soon. :(
Yep, it's her. I'm litteraly just a couple of mission away but they are too difficult for me...and that's a shame since everything I've seen of her made me like her a lot.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Oof...I wonder what’s the issue? Disc tray not working, or?

As for me, I just wanna see a few more Affinity Missions and maybe complete Mira surveillance if not go on a complete Superboss conquest. I at least wanna be able to defeat Telethia the Endbringer easily

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Oof...I wonder what’s the issue? Disc tray not working, or?

As for me, I just wanna see a few more Affinity Missions and maybe complete Mira surveillance if not go on a complete Superboss conquest. I at least wanna be able to defeat Telethia the Endbringer easily
It's something to do with the system memory. It kept randomly crashing whenever I played Smash. Sometimes I could play 30 minutes before it would crash. Sometime it lasts 5 minutes. Never had an issue like this. :/

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's something to do with the system memory. It kept randomly crashing whenever I played Smash. Sometimes I could play 30 minutes before it would crash. Sometime it lasts 5 minutes. Never had an issue like this. :/
Does it do it when you play any other game, for example, X?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Does it do it when you play any other game, for example, X?
I haven't tried it with any other games. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Sorry to derail the thread. Let's change the subject... How about we talk about Elma's relationship with Lin? It was stated in Chapter 6 that Lin's parents designed the White Whale or something like that. It made me realize that Elma must've worked with her parents since she was the one who brought the space travel technology. Elma arrived on Earth long before Lin was born, so she must've known her since she was a baby. As a result, she likely developed a strong sense of emotional attachment to Lin. It's probably one of the reasons why Lin is on Elma's team. It's possible Elma also feels guilty and probably thinks she's (partially) responsible for Lin's parents' deaths.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I haven't tried it with any other games. I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Sorry to derail the thread. Let's change the subject... How about we talk about Elma's relationship with Lin? It was stated in Chapter 6 that Lin's parents designed the White Whale or something like that. It made me realize that Elma must've worked with her parents since she was the one who brought the space travel technology. Elma arrived on Earth long before Lin was born, so she must've known her since she was a baby. As a result, she likely developed a strong sense of emotional attachment to Lin. It's probably one of the reasons why Lin is on Elma's team. It's possible Elma also feels guilty and probably thinks she's (partially) responsible for Lin's parents' deaths.
That's an interesting bit that I've never considered, but it makes absolutely sense for Elma and Lin's parent to have worked together on the White Whale.
But I don't remember how they died, so I don't know if Elma would feel responsible for it, or just decided to take care of Lin just because she saw the little girl growing.

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
A XCX port definitely feels like a nintendo direct announcement imo, either the next one which is speculated to be pretty soon, or the one after that. having a port announcement at E3 would be pretty underwhelming.

It's interesting to me that Elma's reveal could almost parallel shulk's, he was revealed in a japan only 3ds direct which also revealed XC3D and was right before smash's release being the last reveal, maybe they'll pull something similar for elma
This is what I've been thinking for a while, too. I don't know if the Xenoblade 2 update could throw a wrench in this idea, but I always figured it'd go like: Xenoblade X port/remaster gets announced near the end of a Direct, then just before it ends they say "And now for one final announcement..." showing off Elma on a Primordia or Noctilum stage.

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
Elma is easily in my top 5 most wanted characters and I would rather see her than a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rep. Bonus points if we get a stage based on Noctilum or Sylvalum.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Elma is easily in my top 5 most wanted characters and I would rather see her than a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 rep. Bonus points if we get a stage based on Noctilum or Sylvalum.
You are speaking exactly my language! Their night versions would instantly make it one of Smash's best stages hands down, even before you get into discussing what kind of music would be on an X stage.

Welcome aboard!

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
You are speaking exactly my language! Their night versions would instantly make it one of Smash's best stages hands down, even before you get into discussing what kind of music would be on an X stage.

Welcome aboard!
This also makes me REALLY crave a Xenoblade Chronicles X port on the Switch.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Been thinking, people are expecting the new XC2 patch to hit around late August.

Gamescom starts August 21st.

Think we’ll see the formal reveal of the patch then? and an Elma Smash reveal to go with it??

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
This is not a drill! Smash Ultimate Direct confirmed for the 8th of this month just now on the Evo stream!

Hype thrusters ENGAGED!

Edit: Showtimes are 7 a.m. PT, 11 p.m. JST, 4 p.m. CEST, and 3 p.m. BST.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is not a drill! Smash Ultimate Direct confirmed for the 8th of this month just now on the Evo stream!

Hype thrusters ENGAGED!
Aaaaaa

PLEASE INCLUDE ELMA OH MY GODDDD

and maybe Bandana Dee while they’re at it

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

Hype thrusters ENGAGED!
Wait what?! This is amazing!!!! Please be Elma time!

Last edited:

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
I would love it if Elma was revealed. But I want to lower my expectations and assume that since this is happening during EVO we may get a character related to fighting games revealed. Like Heihachi from Tekken.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
The timing feels right for an Ashley reveal since WarioWare Gold just came out, but then again, trying to tell what Sakurai is thinking is like trying to fight Telethia at level 10, so who knows.

Let's all hope for the best, but just remember; this is not do-or-die time for Elma. The game comes out in 4 months, and Nintendo may, as previously discussed, want to save her for a shared announcement of a Xenoblade X port or sequel (or both). Keep marching forward!

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I feel so fake for saying this since I've never played any of the XBC games or have any interest in them usually, but lurking this thread for a week or so really made me want to see her in Smash. She seems like a really cool character with a good design, great moveset potential and I'd rather have her in the base game than Rex and Pyra. You can count me in as a supporter.

Going into the direct this Wednesday I'm hoping for either an Ashley, Elma or K. Rool reveal. Good luck everybody!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, time to try focusing on defeating Telethia the next few days until then

And maybe 100%-ing Mira too

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd love it to be Elma, I still feel like she'd be revealed in a Xenoblade focused Direct, or at least one that has a heavy Xenoblade focus.

That being said, Elma could be revealed to be in Smash to then hype up the X port later on.

Either way, I'm extremely exited about any Smash news at all, and can't wait to see what they show!

Please let it be Elma I need to know if she's in so bad!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
As much as I'd love it to be Elma, I still feel like she'd be revealed in a Xenoblade focused Direct, or at least one that has a heavy Xenoblade focus.

That being said, Elma could be revealed to be in Smash to then hype up the X port later on.

Either way, I'm extremely exited about any Smash news at all, and can't wait to see what they show!

Please let it be Elma I need to know if she's in so bad!
There isn't always rhyme or reason to what they decide to reveal. She would fit a general direct well
there's still a certain Elma blade that needs to be shown after all
but they are likely showing off multiple characters in this direct so the chances of her being there are just as likely as her not being there.

As Elma herself says, "Be ready for anything".

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
There isn't always rhyme or reason to what they decide to reveal. She would fit a general direct well
there's still a certain Elma blade that needs to be shown after all
but they are likely showing off multiple characters in this direct so the chances of her being there are just as likely as her not being there.

As Elma herself says, "Be ready for anything".
Of course. I'm super exited about that too! That's why I think it'll be a "Xenoblade" focused Direct, but on the downlow, it'll sorta be an "Elma" Direct with Elma blade XCX port, and of course her in Smash

I didn't think about the possibility of them showing multiple characters, so yea if that's the case it's pretty possible she could be there.

And, like I said, it would make a lot of sense to do that, because it would add more hype for a Xenoblade X port!
And if they announce her for Smash now, more people will be intrigued by her and want to check her out in XC2, because obviously that'll come out before an X port and Smash

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Of course. I'm super exited about that too! That's why I think it'll be a "Xenoblade" focused Direct, but on the downlow, it'll sorta be an "Elma" Direct with Elma blade XCX port, and of course her in Smash

I didn't think about the possibility of them showing multiple characters, so yea if that's the case it's pretty possible she could be there.

And, like I said, it would make a lot of sense to do that, because it would add more hype for a Xenoblade X port!
And if they announce her for Smash now, more people will be intrigued by her and want to check her out in XC2, because obviously that'll come out before an X port and Smash
The fact that it's a full-blown Smash direct and not just a short presentation really excites me. The 2014 Smash direct was 39 minutes long, and while I seriously doubt we'll match that length, it means they should hopefully have a lot of new info they want to show.

And better yet, it'll mean that Gamescom should have some of this new content playable during the event!

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
The fact that it's a full-blown Smash direct and not just a short presentation really excites me. The 2014 Smash direct was 39 minutes long, and while I seriously doubt we'll match that length, it means they should hopefully have a lot of new info they want to show.

And better yet, it'll mean that Gamescom should have some of this new content playable during the event!
Yea, that's really cool. I mean, this is the first time we'll be getting a full in depth look at this game and some of it's new features.

They could show off new stages, modes, and possibly even some new characters!

I think we could get maybe 2 or 3 new characters, one of which will hopefully be Elma, and a handful of echo fighters, possibly?

And, even though DLC hasn't been planned yet, I honestly wonder if they'll confirm a few fan favorites for DLC, such as Spring Man and Rex/Pyra, since they have to know how popular they are. I kinda doubt it, but it's a possibility

And we only have a few days left to find out!

I just wish it could have been tomorrow, as I go back to school on the 7th, and waiting for that Direct is gonna make the school days drag out soooo loooong

And it comes out 10AM ET, so I have to wait 5 hours before I can watch it, I hope I can avoid spoilers...

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

I can see it now, forty minutes of Bayonetta nerfs.

Now that I think about it, I could totally see them revealing somebody like Elma to kick everything off and using a portion of the Direct to go in depth on her move set, then ending with a hype generator like Simon or K. Rool. Outside of newcomers, all I really want to see is that New Donk City stage, although I'm sure they'll also show off some single player content too.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Yea, that's really cool. I mean, this is the first time we'll be getting a full in depth look at this game and some of it's new features.

They could show off new stages, modes, and possibly even some new characters!

I think we could get maybe 2 or 3 new characters, one of which will hopefully be Elma, and a handful of echo fighters, possibly?

And, even though DLC hasn't been planned yet, I honestly wonder if they'll confirm a few fan favorites for DLC, such as Spring Man and Rex/Pyra, since they have to know how popular they are. I kinda doubt it, but it's a possibility

And we only have a few days left to find out!

I just wish it could have been tomorrow, as I go back to school on the 7th, and waiting for that Direct is gonna make the school days drag out soooo loooong

And it comes out 10AM ET, so I have to wait 5 hours before I can watch it, I hope I can avoid spoilers...
I don't think we'll get any big reveals for Smash at Gamescom, since that's of course what the direct is for. But if it's a new build that includes any revealed newcomers, there might be a few extra playable veterans and new ATs that could give us some new tidbits we didn't necessarily get in the direct, like veteran changes or disconfirmations.

Something we may get at Gamescom, assuming Elma is revealed for Smash beforehand, is some new Xenoblade 2 DLC info and the formal reveal of the datamine content.

And if you're looking for spoiler-free links, just go here: https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/08-08-2018/

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The timing feels right for an Ashley reveal since WarioWare Gold just came out, but then again, trying to tell what Sakurai is thinking is like trying to fight Telethia at level 10, so who knows.

Let's all hope for the best, but just remember; this is not do-or-die time for Elma. The game comes out in 4 months, and Nintendo may, as previously discussed, want to save her for a shared announcement of a Xenoblade X port or sequel (or both). Keep marching forward!
Ashley makes sense in this period, and at the same time so does Elma because
She is going to be added to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a playable Blade before the end of August
Overall I'm expecting at least two new characters, so they might both be revealed in that Direct.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh gosh you guys I’m too excited

and what if the Xenoblade 2 patch with Elma hits like...tomorrow??? Or the Smash blog gets a Hiroyuki Sawano track???

Oh gosh I don’t even think I’ll be able to defeat Telethia the Endbringer in time lmaooooo;;;

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Oh gosh you guys I’m too excited

and what if the Xenoblade 2 patch with Elma hits like...tomorrow??? Or the Smash blog gets a Hiroyuki Sawano track???

Oh gosh I don’t even think I’ll be able to defeat Telethia the Endbringer in time lmaooooo;;;
I am too quite exited, even if I try my best to stay calm. At the very least the next hours should go quickly because tomorrow is my mother's birthday.

Also I just found out a thing on Twitter (Endgame XCX Spoiler)
Screenshot_20180806-232612.png

This surely is interesting...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am too quite exited, even if I try my best to stay calm. At the very least the next hours should go quickly because tomorrow is my mother's birthday.

Also I just found out a thing on Twitter (Endgame XCX Spoiler)
View attachment 155966
This surely is interesting...
theres no way that’s a coincidence

I think that Elma’s Blade design in 2 would be her default Mimeosome form, like how Fiora had her Hom form from the start of the game.

Also with that I can’t help but feel the Elma patch is indeed imminent...

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
We just got the 1.5.1 update two weeks ago. The next update isn't happening until next week Friday (8/17) at the earliest. The last Friday of the month (8/31 ) is the latest, IMO. Personally, I think the update will come out on 8/24 during Gamescom. It makes too much sense since they'll be showing off Torna ~ The Golden Country there.

Top Bottom