• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh dear lord I hope Nintendo does not take the Arms guessing game direction with the Xenoblade rep because things could get ugly between certain Rex and Elma fans. Or almost everyone in general would ignore us and say "Yep, it's Rex for sure." Ignoring that Elma would have a phenomenal chance with the absence of Xenoblade X music from the game.
I'm afraid you're a little late on that, buddy.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
A little late with what? A rivalry between Elma and Rex fans? It's not that bad right now, but it will be a lot worse if Xenoblade get's the Arms announcement for Smash.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It feels like it's been going on ever since I first came to this site. Back when I was young and naive...

Though I feel I should remind everyone that, while Elma DOES have some things going for her, that doesn't mean Rex is out of the running. There's a reason people think it's him or no one as far as Xenoblade reps go. We just gotta wait, see, and watch the fireworks afterwards.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, that's what I meant. It feels like it's been going on ever since I first came to this site. Back when I was young and naive...

Though I feel I should remind everyone that, while Elma DOES have some things going for her, that doesn't mean Rex is out of the running. There's a reason people think it's him or no one as far as Xenoblade reps go. We just gotta wait, see, and watch the fireworks afterwards.
The only reason most people think it has to be Rex is because of his popularity and the success of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Switch and that's it. Elma and Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't as known or popular because it was on the Wii U which was Nintendo's worst selling home console of all time. Elma has as much of a chance because of the absence of X music from the game as well as Xenoblade X being released before Ultimate's project plan was finalized.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
real talk though, i wish they wouldn't sleep on Lora & Jin either, since Torna is a thing. then again Smash doesn't rep DLC contents from other games all that much

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The only reason most people think it has to be Rex is because of his popularity and the success of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Switch and that's it. Elma and Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't as known or popular because it was on the Wii U which was Nintendo's worst selling home console of all time. Elma has as much of a chance because of the absence of X music from the game as well as Xenoblade X being released before Ultimate's project plan was finalized.
Um... no offense, but I think you might be a bit... ignorant on why people think Rex has a chance.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Um... no offense, but I think you might be a bit... ignorant on why people think Rex has a chance.
Well am I not wrong? Everytime I've got in a argument with a Rex fan, the conversation always went in the direction that "Rex would get in over Elma because of his popularity and that's final."

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well am I not wrong? Everytime I've got in a argument with a Rex fan, the conversation always went in the direction that "Rex would get in over Elma because of his popularity and that's final."
Oh. Well, I'd educate you a bit, but this is the Elma thread, and it'd probably be better for the Rex thread.

Unless you'd rather me not explain it at all. That works too.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh. Well, I'd educate you a bit, but this is the Elma thread, and it'd probably be better for the Rex thread.

Unless you'd rather me not explain it at all. That works too.
We can take this discussion to the Rex thread. I would like to know what Rex has going for him outside of his popularity.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, what's the earliest, in your opinion, we can expect to see a Xenoblade X port?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, what's the earliest, in your opinion, we can expect to see a Xenoblade X port?
Announced in April hopefully. Release in December at the earliest. 2022 more realistically

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
I don't think X2 is happening this FY for one simple reason:

View attachment 300206

The open world devs are still working on BotW2. I think we'll have to wait until that's out of the way first. I'm not sure the main group would want to tackle another open world game without them.
Apparently, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild's yet to be officially named direct sequel may be released at Q2 2021, according to the retailers if all goes well:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild's yet to be officially named direct sequel may be released at Q2 2021, according to the retailers if all goes well:
Theres a hilly area in BotW called Elma Knolls, they should release Elma in May to cross promote... that hilly area.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Theres a hilly area in BotW called Elma Knolls, they should release Elma in May to cross promote... that hilly area.
i am curious, aside from the Rex costume for Link and the aforementioned location named after Elma, what other Xenoblade references are there in BOTW?

yes i admit it i have yet to play botw

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
i am curious, aside from the Rex costume for Link and the aforementioned location named after Elma, what other Xenoblade references are there in BOTW?

yes i admit it i have yet to play botw
To be clear, Elma Knoll isn't confirmed to be named after Elma from Xenoblade, theres also a Korok in the Wind Waker called Elma, the Elma Knoll is just outside the Lost Woods. I have no idea what the location and Wind Waker character's names are in different languages so I have no idea if theres an consistancy in the naming.

Honestly I think the Rex costume is it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be clear, Elma Knoll isn't confirmed to be named after Elma from Xenoblade, theres also a Korok in the Wind Waker called Elma, the Elma Knoll is just outside the Lost Woods. I have no idea what the location and Wind Waker character's names are in different languages so I have no idea if theres an consistancy in the naming.

Honestly I think the Rex costume is it.
to be fair, WW came like 13 years before Xenoblade X, so that's probably just a happy coincidence

and i OOP-

hear me out

what if NPLN... can help with the multiplayer capabilities of a potential X port?????

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
to be fair, WW came like 13 years before Xenoblade X, so that's probably just a happy coincidence

and i OOP-

hear me out

what if NPLN... can help with the multiplayer capabilities of a potential X port?????
I'm interested to see more details on what NPLN, Smash could do with better online too but I don't see them implementing rollback netcode, but maybe this could improve things in some other way. X's multiplayer is unique among Nintendo games honestly, I could any new system being included, though I have no idea why it would be necessary. Netcode and online infrastructure isn't my wheelhouse.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm interested to see more details on what NPLN, Smash could do with better online too but I don't see them implementing rollback netcode, but maybe this could improve things in some other way. X's multiplayer is unique among Nintendo games honestly, I could any new system being included, though I have no idea why it would be necessary. Netcode and online infrastructure isn't my wheelhouse.
To be fair, it would really suck if you had massive lag or even disconnects agains Yggralith Zero or Telethia Plume...

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, it would really suck if you had massive lag or even disconnects agains Yggralith Zero or Telethia Plume...
Reflecting on the NPLN news a bit, did Monolith Soft ever state that they wanted XCX to be more like an MMO than it is? I'm wondering if it's possible they'll make it so that we can actually see other squad's wandering around in the open world in a Switch port. Open group super bosses, hanging out in NLA, recruiting other Crosses. If the pushed the online a bit further it could be an extremely unique game for the Switch.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Reflecting on the NPLN news a bit, did Monolith Soft ever state that they wanted XCX to be more like an MMO than it is? I'm wondering if it's possible they'll make it so that we can actually see other squad's wandering around in the open world in a Switch port. Open group super bosses, hanging out in NLA, recruiting other Crosses. If the pushed the online a bit further it could be an extremely unique game for the Switch.
I think they might have... it’s prob way back in the pages tho

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So tonight’s tourney is projectile users

normally I’d be worried

but considering the 90’s tournament happened a whole ass pass before Sephiroth I’m not worried anymore

and technically Elma uses swords in addition soooooo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Definitely late to this thread but I would love to be added as a supporter ^^ Elma is one of my favourite characters ever so just the chance of seeing her in this game is something I dream of happening and I definitely think it’s possible!! Also we are definitely in need of a new Xeno rep it’s been way too long.
I’ll add you to the OP after work!

and we certainly are... I hope she’s our Xenoblade rep cause the world of X is aesthetically different than 1 & 2 and we need more sci-fi-esque content in smash

CosmicLuma

Smash Rookie
I’ll add you to the OP after work!

and we certainly are... I hope she’s our Xenoblade rep cause the world of X is aesthetically different than 1 & 2 and we need more sci-fi-esque content in smash
Much appreciated ^_^ and definitely Elma aesthetically speaking is perfect for smash and the amount of content that could be added with her inclusion is huge.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Definitely late to this thread but I would love to be added as a supporter ^^ Elma is one of my favourite characters ever so just the chance of seeing her in this game is something I dream of happening and I definitely think it’s possible!! Also we are definitely in need of a new Xeno rep it’s been way too long.
Welcome. It's great to have another recruit aboard the Elma Express. ;)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
CosmicLuma CosmicLuma has been added!

Also I’ve been thinkin

what if Elma’s trailer references the Nopon trader she referenced in XC2?

First it takes u to Alrest then to Smash

CosmicLuma

Smash Rookie
Welcome. It's great to have another recruit aboard the Elma Express. ;)
Thank you ^^ Elma has always been my 2nd most wanted character (MinMin was 1st) so no matter how it ends gonna support my girl till the end.

CosmicLuma CosmicLuma has been added!

Also I’ve been thinkin

what if Elma’s trailer references the Nopon trader she referenced in XC2?

First it takes u to Alrest then to Smash
That’s actually a good idea! If they did that they could have Shulk in there as well. Also it’s probably be asked already but do we think Elma’s true form would be one of her alts?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thank you ^^ Elma has always been my 2nd most wanted character (MinMin was 1st) so no matter how it ends gonna support my girl till the end.

That’s actually a good idea! If they did that they could have Shulk in there as well. Also it’s probably be asked already but do we think Elma’s true form would be one of her alts?
I’m sure the Rex costume would appear in Elma’s trailer too

as for the other question, yes it would

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Makes the most sense just worried that people will get pissed off cause yano 😒

Hopefully if she does get reveal her FS will be a awesome skell cinematic attack.
I mean Mecha-Fiora appears in Shulk’s Final Smash and Lucas’s Brawl Trophy spoiled the identity of the Masked Man so Sakurai’s no stranger to spoilers

AND YES CINEMATIC SKELL FS GIMME.

CosmicLuma

Smash Rookie
I mean Mecha-Fiora appears in Shulk’s Final Smash and Lucas’s Brawl Trophy spoiled the identity of the Masked Man so Sakurai’s no stranger to spoilers

AND YES CINEMATIC SKELL FS GIMME.
Oh yeah this is Smash we’re talking about here spoilers don’t exist but the other thing I meant was the whole turning into a white alien hope people don’t get the wrong idea of it being racist :(

And OMFG hell yes get some of the other party members in there too just go all out with it!

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Considering we just got Xenoblade DE last year, I think it’s a few years away at a minimum. I don’t see them releasing two older games in a row for Xenoblade. Besides, we have confirmation from Takahashi that they’re working on a new Xenoblade game atm.

CosmicLuma

Smash Rookie
Considering we just got Xenoblade DE last year, I think it’s a few years away at a minimum. I don’t see them releasing two older games in a row for Xenoblade. Besides, we have confirmation from Takahashi that they’re working on a new Xenoblade game atm.
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if the next Xenoblade game comes out 2022 and we get a X port 2023. Unless Covid did impact the development of it so we could get X first.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
what if the next xenoblade game... is an X prequel?

the idea was entertained a few pages back, like the Torna of X. I think they should do that first, then X DE, then X 2.

it would help fill in some story gaps and set the stage for both X and X 2.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay so the Theory is kind of a Work in Progress, but this Theory might Benefit Elma (though at the cost of other characters)

This links to a Theory (I Made) that says that Vergeben's CP5 Deconfirmation list, might have actually had info on FP2, by also detailing what characters probably won't be in it

The reasoning for this is that the FP2 characters we gotten, Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth, were not on this deconfirmation list, among these many characters. In Sephiroth's case, it's also important that Geno and Sora were also listed as potential options. If this is the case, it's possible that how Verge's source deconfirmed characters was that they had to have known who was not gonna be playable, and have evidence of it. FP2 was being decided around this time, so names would be floating out

How this could benefit Elma is that the Last Name Vergeben deconfirm before Byleth was revealed was KOS-MOS. Now she's probably the Biggest question mark because Verge Deconfirmed a Bandai Namco character very early on, yet his source was confused on whether KOS-MOS was in or not, which is weird because she is owned by Namco

I think the reason why there may have been some confusion, was because there may have been something in the inside that pointed toward a Monolith soft character being Playable. KOS-MOS is heavily afflicted with Monolith obviously, so perhaps that may have been where the discussions left of. It's also possible that it just pointed towards Nintendo character in General, and Nintendo owns Monolith.

So It would seem that the source was confused on whether she was owned by Monolith and/or Nintendo, or Namco, or it was some joint ownership. If the source just thought KOS-MOS was owned by Namco, it wouldn't matter, but because of the confusion , it might put more spotlight on Nintendo/Monolith

I also think it's weird that if Byleth was known to be Fighter 5, that the Source wouldn't have to be confused, and they could easily deconfirm any character that wasn't in Nintendo

So if the theory that this CP5 Deconfimation list was also deconfirming characters for FP2, just because of the method the Source had to use to Deconfirm characters, and KOS-MOS was a Confusing character to Judge for awhile despite Bandai Namco alreayd being deconfirmed early on, than that raises some interesting Implications

-If KOS-MOS was a confusion because she was thought to be related to Nintendo, than it's hard to tell since we Got Byleth and Min Min who are both Nintendo characters

-If KOS-MOS was a confusion because she was thought to be related to Monolith, that's a Very different Situation because we haven't gotten a New Monolith character in Smash at all. This would especially look good for Elma, since if KOS-MOS was deconfirmed, than that really leaves Rex. In any case, Good for Elma

Top Bottom