• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

eighteenspikes video thread (New tourney vids added 6/10/07 CHECK EM OUT)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Well this thread originally had a different purpose but I'll just turn it into a video thread cause that's all people will look at or post in. Here's a set of me against Marth101's Captain Falcon.

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Comments would be nice, even if they're bad comments :)

UPDATE

So on Friday I went to a tournament and did really well (I got 3rd), and managed to take a few vids. SO unlike my previous videos, these are recent and relevant videos, yay. Unfortunately the only actual tournament set that ended up being recorded was me vs. JamesSparrow in the loser's Semifinals. The loser's finals were supposed to be recorded but the camera passed hands a bunch of times cause nobody would hold it for me, and I guess it got turned off at some point. It's no big deal to me though, I got ***** 0-3 by KirbySSB :grin:

also these first two videos were recorded by hand via a digital camera so I would recommend the download, although I put em on youtube anyways cause some people just prefer that.

Eighteenspikes (Dr. Mario) vs JamesSparrow (Falco) Game 1
Youtube
Download

Eighteenspikes (Dr. Mario) vs JamesSparrow (Donkey Kong) Game 2
Youtube
Download

Also I housed Tapion the night of the tourney so I got a chance to record a couple friendly matches with him the next morning:

Eighteenspikes (Dr. Mario) vs Tapion (Fox)
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Let me know what you think :) I have been taking videos like crazy lately so sometime this week I can put up more, but these are the most recent recorded matches I have.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
So you have to time it so that as soon as you grab the ledge, you can still use the invinciblity frames you have to edgguard?

And i likee your doc.

Mix

Smash Cadet
well you could stand backwards and lightsheild against a marth... perfect edge guard! i dont really have much advice... but there ya go.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I just watched your crew combo vid. nice up-b cancel on that SWD :D

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
:laugh: thanks!

I guess since there's no discussion on this I'll just turn this into a video thread. I don't have that many videos of me 1v1, most of my videos lately are all friendlies where I suicide or try stupid new techs, but I know on Thursday I should be able to get some pretty good videos. Until then I added three more to the 1st post.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Well, I'd critique you, but mostly it looked like you were just ****ing around, lol. It still looked really good though. Good ****. You should try a serious match some time/get a recording of you in a tournament/mm. :D

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Right, like I said I don't have matches that are both recent and real. I just uploaded a set from about 2 months ago against Marth101's Captain Falcon.

The people I was supposed to play with today skipped out so I couldn't get any new videos. This weekend maybe?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
should be fixed?? I'm at work so I can't tell for sure but the links should hopefully work now. Or if you want I'll put em on youtube later tonight.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
okay well apparently I just typed the links wrong but since all you guys like is youtube anyways, I'll edit youtube links into the first post.

New vids tomorrow, or Monday?

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
I like your Dr. Mario. Maybe you should try turreting with the pills. Or even shooting a mega-vitamin and then charging in for a 2 hit combo with that projectile! Even a grab would work...

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I really wanted to make a new thread but smashboards is all weird, I guess I'll just bump this one. Can't even edit the original post... :urg:

So on Friday I went to a tournament and did really well (I got 3rd), and managed to take a few vids. SO unlike my previous videos, these are recent and relevant videos, yay. Unfortunately the only actual tournament set that ended up being recorded was me vs. JamesSparrow in the loser's Semifinals. The loser's finals were supposed to be recorded but the camera passed hands a bunch of times cause nobody would hold it for me, and I guess it got turned off at some point. It's no big deal to me though, I got ***** 0-3 by KirbySSB :grin:

also these first two videos were recorded by hand via a digital camera so I would recommend the download, although I put em on youtube anyways cause some people just prefer that.

Eighteenspikes (Dr. Mario) vs JamesSparrow (Falco) Game 1
Youtube
Download

Eighteenspikes (Dr. Mario) vs JamesSparrow (Donkey Kong) Game 2
Youtube
Download

Also I housed Tapion the night of the tourney so I got a chance to record a couple friendly matches with him the next morning:

Eighteenspikes (Dr. Mario) vs Tapion (Fox)
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Let me know what you think :) I have been taking videos like crazy lately so sometime this week I can put up more, but these are the most recent recorded matches I have.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hmm. Ya definitely have a different doc than i do. Not saying that's a bad thing or anything, but I dont really understand what happened in the last stock of that last match vs tapion. It looked like you were in control for the most part, and then he went into beast mode? --shrug--

And as for those first 2... live action videos. I couldnt watch em. Too far away for me to really tell what's going on. >.<
___

But all jokes aside, those were good. I like how you were getting grabs in on falco and fox, that's something i can definitely learn from.

The only advice i really hvae for you is

1) work on those chaingrabs. You get alot of grabs, and you get chaingrabs started, but sometimes something happened in the middle and just ruined everything.

2) there were alot of times when you attacked a shield and missed the lcancel. Nobody's perfect, and it's not like you never hit it, but i'm just throwing that out there incase you didnt notice yourself.

________

Good stuff, good stuff.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Upthrow to uair shouldn't happen. Everything else looked real good to me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Umm, once you got upaired by the Fox in match 3. You can usually nair or dair, I usually nair. It'll hit the fox and you won't get uaired. If the fox is smart though, he'll wait for you to come down and then he'll utilt you into combozorz. So..watch out for that.

Sorry for not elaborating earlier. >_<

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
OHHH, I thought you were saying my uthrow to uair combos shouldn't work. :laugh:

In some matches when the fox jumps late I try to interrupt with a nair, but against Tapion it was probably just a lapse of DI/mistake on my part :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
@ James sparrow match 1

Wow! Very impressive indeed. Very good use of the full jump pill and some great combo's as well. Shame you didn't get the riridculous chaingrabs that you can do on falco. Then it would have been complete ownage :grin:.

Marth101

Smash Journeyman
hahaha yeah, thats the reason i refuse to play falco vs spikes, my DI with falco sucks (especially when he's chain grabbing me) so he gets ridiculous combos. gg's steve.

Top Bottom