• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ehh... Nintendo= ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Well,

IGN announced that Smash Bros Brawl was DEFENTLY coming out in 2007 in Japan, but never said anything about America or Europe... So that leads me to believe - Nintendo isn't planning a worldwide Smash release... Which in my opinion is quite ignorant and stupid of Nintendo to do so.

Halo, Mass Effect, Too Human - Microsoft's 3 top runners for this year are coming out very soon. Too Human in July, Mass Effect in August and Halo 3 somepoint after August.

Okay, Too Human + Mass Effect aren't world wide releases, but they are coming out relatively close to each other.

So this leads me to think... If Brawl's coming out in Japan first, how long/when is it gonna be released in America + Europe? I honestly don't know... (But does anyone have an estimate/relative idea?)

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
I don't think the game would have that much that needs to be translated in terms of text and voice acting, I'd assume that could be completed in one month total.

So one month of translating and then 11 months of pissing us off = 1 year, estimated.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
True, but a lot of the staff for TP were American.

Sakauri is the main leader of the staff for SSBB... So that may mean he will want his home country to get it first......

Never know, if I'm honest, now that I think about it, it really could be another year before Europe gets SSBB...

The Director

Smash Lord
I think America could get Smash first, but chances are Japan will. I mean, we got the Wii, TP and a couple of Metroid's before Japan. I think there's more, but I can't be sure.

I think in all likelyhood, Japan will get Brawl in the first two weeks of December, and then the American audience will probably get it a week after. I believe Melee came out the 20th of December? I would reckon Brawl will get a date like that here in the US.

The 18th of December? I think it'll probably show it's ugly face in the US that week (Dec. 16th-22nd)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
We always get Metroid before Japan. They've never really liked Metroid.

That said, Metroid Prime 3 was listed as coming out in 2007 for sure, but not a word said on when it's coming to America. Does that mean it won't be released everywhere this year? No, America is definitely getting Metroid Prime 3 long before Japan does, bet on it.

What does this mean for Brawl's American release date? I'd say expect it to be here in the next eight months.

Tera253

Smash Ace
I think America could get Smash first, but chances are Japan will. I mean, we got the Wii, TP and a couple of Metroid's before Japan. I think there's more, but I can't be sure.

I think in all likelyhood, Japan will get Brawl in the first two weeks of December, and then the American audience will probably get it a week after. I believe Melee came out the 20th of December? I would reckon Brawl will get a date like that here in the US.

The 18th of December? I think it'll probably show it's ugly face in the US that week (Dec. 16th-22nd)

exactly. the Wii, Nintendo's biggest thing for 2007, released in the US of A long before Japan .(even a week seems like a long time when you're waiting for a video game.)
~Tera253~

Adi

Smash Lord
If this game wasn't online I might have thought that it would have a global release date. However with servers and other complex things like that the time between release dates in countries can vary quite a bit (see Pokemon Battle Revolution or whatever it's called) =P.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
In all fairness, they kind of had to wait for Diamond and Pearl to come out, not to mention it was the first online title.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Let's all think... The Wii and Smash Bros supports BOTH languages and voices. Therefore making the game into English would take, what, 5 minutes max? Don't argue with me, I program!

DarkFr0g

Smash Apprentice
IGN announced that Smash Bros Brawl was DEFENTLY coming out in 2007 in Japan, but never said anything about America or Europe... So that leads me to believe - Nintendo isn't planning a worldwide Smash release... Which in my opinion is quite ignorant and stupid of Nintendo to do so.
Kinda ignorant and stupid calling Nintendo that based on an assumption, eh?

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Too early to tell if it'll be released everywhere by the end of 2007...that really is quite a list of games from nintendo to do by years end, maybe they're trying to build up a good library to help deal with anything Sony and Microsoft come up with.

Oh well, here's hoping Brawl makes it way up here by year's end. It's been ages since we've seen any information so some significant progress has to be done by now.

Zag

Smash Rookie
Nintendo announced their list of Wii games for Japan for this year -- they did not simply announce Brawl's Japanese release date. As important as it is to us, the U.S. / European Brawl dates don't belong on a Japanese release calendar. It's NOA's responsibility to keep us up to date on release dates for their territory, and they seem to be doing that ever so slowly. They seem rather gun-shy of late actually in terms of giving solid dates for anything, possibly after all the grief they had to put up with when TP was delayed. We probably won't know Brawl's release date until E3 [July] at the earliest, and it wouldn't surprise me if they waited until the end of the summer [unless they somehow plan on releasing the game then]. Remember, they waited until just two months before Wii's launch to give us a price and date, and we didn't know Super Paper Mario's date until a month or two before as well iirc.
You know, one can't assume that Japan will get Brawl first. After all, Twilight Princess was released in North America first...
We got Twilight Princess first [Wii version] because we got the Wii first, and obviously TP needed to ship alongside it. We got the Wii first [and the DS] because Nintendo recognizes the importance in bringing out their big holiday releases in the States before Thanksgiving weekend [Japan doesn't have that big shopping weekend equivalent, as far as I know], as well as the fact that the U.S. is the largest / most important / competitive gaming market atm [I know Europe is bigger, but it's not as important; sorry Europe].
We always get Metroid before Japan. They've never really liked Metroid.
I know it's a shame -- they're really missing out. Also though, the Prime series is developed entirely in the U.S. so it wouldn't really make sense to sit on a finished product so that it can be localized and released in Japan first [for exceptions see above].

As far as my general view goes, if Smash comes out in Japan this year I fully expect it will be out this year as well. There's a lot less localization required for it than a game like TP or Animal Crossing [Wild World and TP both came out in the US within of month of their Japanese release, with TP out here even before Japan], so it's not like NOA is incapable of doing a worldwide release for a big game. Japan will probably get it first, but North America [and probably the PAL territories too, although I'm less sure of that] will follow soon after. There's way too many good games set to hit this year though just from a first party standpoint for Wii... something needs to be delayed, I think.

Sensai

Smash Master
IGN said what Nintendo told them to say. It's a press release, haha. What IGN said is not fact; it's what Nintendo wanted us to hear at that moment. They might've already changed their minds.

Melee came out here 2 weeks after it did in Japan (thanks again, Mamba). I think it's safe to say that we'll be getting it within the month that they do, if not before them. My point is that if Japan gets it in 'o7, so will we.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I don't wanna wait much longer. Brawl has me overly-excited. It feels like it's coming out in a week. But, it's gonna be months! .....Imagine when it is coming out within a week.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Kazuya said:
IGN announced that Smash Bros Brawl was DEFENTLY coming out in 2007 in Japan, but never said anything about America or Europe... So that leads me to believe - Nintendo isn't planning a worldwide Smash release...
You based this whole topic on a dumb assumption.

We got Melee TWO WEEKS after Japan did, and Nintendo is absolutely NOT going to miss the holiday season in America. They simply won't. If it doesn't come out this year, then it will be at LEAST Q2 of 2008. If it's near enough to completion to get it finished by January-March, then it's near enough for them to work overtime in order to get the game released by the VERY crucial holiday season here in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom