• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL Dallas May 4th - 6th

liius

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, EGL Dallas will be happening on May 4-6 but you do not have to show up friday.

http://theegleague.com/eglstore/ This is where you pre-register. There will also be a Halo 2 tournament ran. Show up on friday, although you dont have to, for free play.

The venue is Hilton Anatole Hotel. 109.90 per night if you plan to spend the night at the hotel. The location is 2201 Stemmons Freeway Dallas, Texas 75207.

Friday, sign up begins at 6 pm and freeplay starts at 6 pm and then ends at 12 am. Mini-tournaments will be held.

Smash singles:
1st 450.00
2nd 150.00
3rd 50.00

Smash 2v2s:
1st 200.00
2nd 80.00
3rd 20.00

This is just an average set of prize money, the cash actually depends on how many people show.

1v1 Entry fee is 20.00
2v2 Entry fee is 20.00 (for both people, so 10.00 each)

EGL's website: theegleague.com
Link to dallas part of the tourney: http://theegleague.com/egldallas.html
Schedule: http://theegleague.com/egldallasschedule.html
Rules: *scroll half way down the page* http://theegleague.com/egl20062007rules.html

Smash is rather new to EGL so lets give a good turn-out to show our support and our community!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Muhahah! Smash will take over the World!!!

Naturally, I'll be coming with Bear to this. *wince* if i can get the money for that 20 entree fee...

liius

Smash Journeyman
Hope you dont forget teh gas monies too. And if I have to I'll pay for our team entry. But only If I have to. Heheh.

liius

Smash Journeyman
Hey scav, could you get on AIM if you are still online? I needs to talk to you please and thank you.

liius

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if me, and a few other people, i.e. gabe and alex might be able to get housing, from someone in dallas. I'm not the owner of the tourney, I'm just helping out. Yeap yeap.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Those prizes are misleading, Id be pissed if I won and only got 1/2 that. Anywayz, Ill try and make that.

liius

Smash Journeyman
I know they are misleading, I dont know why they even have a set price on it. They should just have a split like 60/30/10 or something but I dont run the thing, I'm just helping with brackets and stuff.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
click on the link on the first post where it says "Schedule"

It looks like smash is done on saturday

isidro

Smash Apprentice
$20 is a little to much to give away if it only it was $10 :( then it would seem worth it atleast for since i'm not that good :(

Jake13

Smash Lord
Isn't there an "edit" button somewhere? Or maybe I just modded my computer so well as to add it >,>

Edit: [/sarcasm]

isidro

Smash Apprentice
i might do singles not sure yet but i will definitely do teams, and no my earlier posts were not spam. Well at least the first one wasn't i just didn't know you could edit cause on other boards you have to be a certain rank to edit your post and i also wasn't trying to bring my post # up either as yall could tell I'm a member since march 2006 (not a very long time) and i only have 47 posts. So i apologize if anyone got peeved about that small post right after my first one :)
by the way BeArR did you play as marth and play a peach in your first round in singles at the Do a Barrel Roll 3 tournament on saturday if so i was that peach

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Eh, no lol. I played scav the first round and I am shiek. Ah yeah, were you that guy teaming with another peach player and my partner kept killing me? I think that was ragnarok or whatever his name is. And I wasnt talking about you, I was talking about Jake, he was completely off topic lol.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Ray i may wanna go can i get a ride from u possibly and if u accept how much gas $$??

EDIT: ahem nevermind I didn't realize it was $20 to enter singles.... =X

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Ah, well its too bad you arent going lol. I'll have to see who else wants to go around here. The plan is to go and spend the night at scav's place on friday then we might leave saturday, but maybe not because I just dont want to drive at like... 1 am in the morning. It's too hard :(

bigo24_7

Smash Journeyman
Wassup? I am new to the North Dallas area! i just moved here a week ago from arkansas! i need somewhere to play smash and some people to play smash with! I live on spring valley rd and would love it if there was some people from around that area that i could play with!

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
So do we have to buy our tickets/reservations or whatever online? Can we not just show up on the 5th? I'm just making sure.

And will the Halo 2 FFA tournament get in the way of the smash doubles tournament in any way? The times aren't precise enough for me to tell...

This looks to be fun, though I'll be missing my money...

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes what DoH said. And I dont believe you have to buy them online, I'm pretty sure you can show up on friday to register but I dont know if you can register there.

Top Bottom