• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EDgeguarding Against DK?

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
I have tried this a million different times, but I can never get it to work.I knock dk off the lege, and I try to jump out and knock him away, but his spinning move has priority on everytthing I do. how can I edgeguard against him using sheik or c. falcon?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lol aesir is so completely right!!! a few needles and he'll be gone. In case you don't know how to, go near the edge, facing it, (The exact position is undescribable, you'll have to find it yourself) and jump up and sheik will throw needles vertically a maybe a 45 degree angle.

And with c falcon, can't you just dair? i haven't tried it, but you should be able to i think. let me know if you try it.

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Know which moves have priority, and know the timing. Sheik's needles would work, but you can also bair. If they don't sweetspot, you could dsmash, or grab->tilt->fair.

Falcon's bair has good priority, and his dair would be acceptable.

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
needles and if by and chance he has the possiblity to recover wavedash backwards onto ledge

Falcon u shuld use the KNEE it shuld have more priorty and if he gets back use up tilt

pdk

Smash Lord
waiting on the ledge then ledgehopping is so much easier and safer, go for that

pdk

Smash Lord
that reminds me

you know who has the ONE AND ONLY PUNCH MOVE THAT'S TOUGHER THAN FALCON PUNCH AND WARLOCK PUNCH COMBINED, TIMES A THOUSAND?!

GALACTICA PHANTOOOOOOOOM-*WHAM*

technomancer

Smash Champion
You need to space your aerials so they hit the edge of DK's flabby cheeks. Coming from below helps too. Any aerial will pretty much trade with DK's spinny stuff, just space it right.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Actually, it isn't very difficult to hit DK with those during his recovery once you get the timing down. I recommend b-air or f-air.

Hang from the ledge, drop down, DJ, b-air. You're invincible so you don't even have to worry about getting hit.

Top Bottom