• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

edge gaurding with chain?

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
uh i dont know if this works but i had a theroy like if you get sheiks chain and you shoot it so some of it is off the edge and then keep pressing dwon so it goes in a down stab like off the edge would that keep the other players from grabbing the edge? and potentualy an edge grab? i havent had time to test it out so if some one could for me thatd be great or if this is already a known thing then well let me know k thanks

Flamingo

Smash Lord
And it's Very essential to Sheik's arsenal... Remember, you can only do it 3 times without touching solid ground again, or else the chain will fail, and you will immediately have to use Vanish if you wanna survive.

Squidster

Smash Ace
And it's Very essential to Sheik's arsenal... Remember, you can only do it 3 times without touching solid ground again, or else the chain will fail, and you will immediately have to use Vanish if you wanna survive.
He's talking about shooting it from the ground off the edge.

Yes it's known, but not very effective EXCEPT for a few matchups.

Example: sonic... you can literally just hold your chain and watch him get owned from 0-999% until he gets bored and suicides.

Can be useful if you do it a little off the edge to prevent ledge get up attacks or up B stalls (like meta knights)

Always short hop before you use the chain, does more damage, who knows why ._.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
btw, silver, don't just press down.

Position your joystick down+forward and wiggle it around in the little crack of the GC controller quickly and you get a lot more hits. You can actually trap people in a chainlock as they recover if they don't get hit by the tip area.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hey i found out that if you shoot it out and hold it there (on gc controler) and then change hands holding the b (well im right handed and its easyer to do this for me) then use the c stick repetaly up or side ways it just juggles it a little so like i noticed its really easy to just trap people in it and if thrust the end of it across the floor so anyone who comes need gets that extrat end knock back and damage its really cool

Top Bottom