Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Troykv

Smash Master
I have no problems with an avatar in the next FE mainline game.

But putting an avatar in an Echoes style remake would be... urgh. I can just imagine the salt and anger if they remade FE4 and you're Sigurd's extra special BFF who gets given Seliph to babysit after 'the incident'.
The only game where they would put a Avatar without breaking too much the canon is in Blazing Blade xD

Icelerate

Smash Apprentice
I have no problems with an avatar in the next FE mainline game.

But putting an avatar in an Echoes style remake would be... urgh. I can just imagine the salt and anger if they remade FE4 and you're Sigurd's extra special BFF who gets given Seliph to babysit after 'the incident'.
So make Oiffey the avatar?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
GRimer
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
NNID
OpossumGuy
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So any bets on whether or not Edelgard stayed in the top eight for A Hero Rises 2? :p

Thought you guys might be interested to know that a 'golden route' has been deconfimed by the TH devs https://nintendoeverything.com/fire...hadows-length-tea-time-with-rhea-coming-more/

I'm glad. I feel like a golden route would definitely come at the expense of Rhea and Edelgard's characters.
A little disappointed, but not surprised. They probably thought they couldn't get away with it a second time given Fates's reception. Though given this whole game does the "your choice determines the story" thing right, I do think they could've made it work if they tried.

Honestly, I'm more surprised that you're now able to have Teatime with Rhea. I know there was data in the game to suggest it, but they seemed to make it clear she's... above you? I don't know if I'm wording that right...

Well, now that I've beaten the Cindered Shadows side story, I have to get this off my chest...

The Umbral Beast can go die in a fire. The stupid "healing phantoms" gimmick was hard enough to keep up with. But then he starts TELEPORTING my units!?! And then he starts interrupting their attacks!?!?! I get they wanted this to be harder, but they didn't have to take all those Dark Souls memes so literally!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
GRimer
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
NNID
OpossumGuy
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, after reading through all the Cindered Shadows stuff, I gotta say...I really wish Edelgard got a support with Hapi. Like, I understand why she didn't. Each lord got one more, and Edelgard already had Constance (which she absolutely needed to, considering House Nuevelle's standing in the Empire...or rather lack thereof). But man...an Edelgard/Hapi conversation would've been so great.

You know, after reading through all the Cindered Shadows stuff, I gotta say...I really wish Edelgard got a support with Hapi. Like, I understand why she didn't. Each lord got one more, and Edelgard already had Constance (which she absolutely needed to, considering House Nuevelle's standing in the Empire...or rather lack thereof). But man...an Edelgard/Hapi conversation would've been so great.
What's weird is that Hapi, the one who hates the church with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, has a support conversation with Dimitri, the only House Leader who DOESN'T call the church out on its many, MANY flaws.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
GRimer
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
NNID
OpossumGuy
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What's weird is that Hapi, the one who hates the church with the fiery passion of a thousand suns, has a support conversation with Dimitri, the only House Leader who DOESN'T call the church out on its many, MANY flaws.
In fairness, given what their support DOES cover, I'd say their dynamic makes sense.

Troykv

Smash Master
They really need to give each lord support with one of the non-Yuri characters.

Thought, it's quite an interesting contrast how Constance and Balthus supports are pretty much Empire and Alliance centric respectively (Mercedes is a quite special case here).

In the other hand, Hapi has supports with Dimitri (the obligatory Lord support), Ashe (one of the members of the Kingdom that has reasons to go against the church), and Linhardt (the most True Neutral character in the game).

Sigran101

Smash Champion
NNID
Sigran101
I just got to the last chapter of blue lions and I have one question.

Why in the **** do people think Edelgard is so bad? Like actually? She was reasonable and sympathetic in the other routes so I just assumed she went off the deep end in blue lions. But no, she's still 100% sympathetic! The transformation does not change that. Like literally what the ****? People call her a psychopath and a heinous villain. What gives?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Why in the **** do people think Edelgard is so bad? Like actually? She was reasonable and sympathetic in the other routes so I just assumed she went off the deep end in blue lions. But no, she's still 100% sympathetic! The transformation does not change that. Like literally what the ****? People call her a psychopath and a heinous villain. What gives?
She made Dimitri unhappy, the biggest sin of all, after all, the crest system benefits Dimitri and she had the gal to make Dimitri less cool in the future, as long as Dimitri is happy, all is right with the world! He can do no wrong!

Troykv

Smash Master

Well...

I guess this people is very obsessed with the idea of finding scapegoats for Dimitri's suffering, despite that don't making sense, his suffering was pretty much only because of the Agarthans, and you don't need to be a genius to know that.

Also probably people can dislike how Edelgard rejects being humillated (after all, she knows she can't ask for pity, she would prefer death over being actively a hypocrite)... so she prefers to die and let Dimitri being the Hero of his Delusions

And people take her pretty unoffensive attack as an offensive against Dimitri.

Sigran101

Smash Champion
NNID
Sigran101
Well...

I guess this people is very obsessed with the idea of finding scapegoats for Dimitri's suffering, despite that don't making sense, his suffering was pretty much only because of the Agarthans, and you don't need to be a genius to know that.

Also probably people can dislike how Edelgard rejects being humillated (after all, she knows she can't ask for pity, she would prefer death over being actively a hypocrite)... so she prefers to die and let Dimitri being the Hero of his Delusions

And people take her pretty unoffensive attack as an offensive against Dimitri.
That's ****ing stupid. She doesn't count as a villain by any sense of the word. People call her a psychopath and claim she's too evil for smash. I'm guessing the only people who hate Edelgard are people who played blue lions first and became way too attached to Dimitri.

That's ****ing stupid. She doesn't count as a villain by any sense of the word. People call her a psychopath and claim she's too evil for smash. I'm guessing the only people who hate Edelgard are people who played blue lions first and became way too attached to Dimitri.
Regrettably, there are some of us who are also guilty of it. For example, I played Crimson Flower first, and I would gladly support Edelgard in her quest. As a result, however, my impression of Dimitri is a bit... less pleasent. Granted, that's the whole point (neither of them are perfect), but conflict among fans is inevitable.

Edelgard, Dimitri, and Rhea are not completely evil or 100% irredeemably bad characters, nor are any of them completely innocent characters. All 3 are heavily flawed and screwed in the head due to past tragedies.

I dunno, this seems pretty obvious to me?

Also I beat Cindered Shadows on hard mode. It had its iffiness in gameplay or story but overall I enjoyed it. I actually found the final boss of it to be easy (and I did play hard mode). I will say that throughout playing it that I swear I got RNG screwed more than usual when it comes to low enemy crit %'s triggering. Definitely made things more frustrating lol.