• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see beauty, grace and strength, and the axe strike at 40 secs. and that's all I need to see for now, could work for dlc :)
I'm in :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess it's a bit early, with little information, but the basis is there, and I'm curious what else the character could bring.
She's a lordilord just like you are now dylly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Apparently, she's a new class "that wields axes, swords, and magic in battle. "

That's about all the info there is, huh. But that's still pretty cool.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
I'd still prefer hector probably, but they have used smash to advertise upcoming fe characters before and as long as they incorporate axe I'm down, I think maybe dlc.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
So since Nintendo has already decided the characters I feel like they'd pick ones that would advertise future titles, rather than irrelevant characters wanted by fans. Hopefully, Edelgard makes it in as a tie in with the game this upcoming spring

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Given that Spring Man and Rex got disconfirmed due to apparently being too late, I’m not feeling great on Edelgard’s chances.

If, by any chance, she does end up making it in, I hope it’s after Three Houses releases, and people get to play it and (hopefully) like the character. Otherwise, she’s going to get a lot of hate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Given that Spring Man and Rex got disconfirmed due to apparently being too late, I’m not feeling great on Edelgard’s chances.

If, by any chance, she does end up making it in, I hope it’s after Three Houses releases, and people get to play it and (hopefully) like the character. Otherwise, she’s going to get a lot of hate.
I think this fire emblem is coming out in all regions at the same time. (dont quote me on that though)
If they got corrin in last time, I dont see why they couldnt get edelgard in.

Also, Rex didn't get deconfirmed, they only put a mii costume of him (though some people took 'didn't make the roster' more than base roster). As for spring man, yeah he's an assist trophy, but they may have had other reasons.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
She's gonna get a lot of hate no matter what, she's a Fire Emblem character.
She's a Fire Emblem character with an axe*. I mean its all the same to the majority of Smash fans, but I think the FE fanbase will be happy the series is being better represented.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I support, she's easily my favorite of the Three House protagonists design-wise and it'd be nice to finally have an axe user.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I might as well support too. If we get Katalina and Edelgard as DLC, it will be as if Camilla split into two characters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's a bit early, of course, but I'd be interested to see her added. Nice design and access to Axes *and* magic? That's enough to sound like a fun character.

Sign me up.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty hype for the new Fire Emblem so id be cool with her. She has a nice design, and an axe would deffinatley spice up the FE representation. Some might cry about another FE rep, but if she's just one of the five, it will be fine.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Since Nintendo is deciding the DLC they won't care that FE is "overreped" as putting Edelgard in is good advertisement for Three Houses. But anyway we definitely need a gurl with an axe and I fully support!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, at this point, I no longer care about if Fire Emblem is “overrepped”. It’s a popular franchise. Their games sell. The amount of characters it has are justified. I say the same about Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

I don’t know anything about Edelgard. I just like her design. She looks great! And some of you are saying she uses axes. That’s cool! If she gets in, I welcome it.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'll never not read her name as Edgelord.

Anna is my most wanted Fire Emblem character, but I know how Nintendo works when it comes to promoting stuff. So yeah, Edelgard seems more likely than Anna, and I think she looks cool and can be unique. I support. Forget the haters, we really can't have enough Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I'll never not read her name as Edgelord.

Anna is my most wanted Fire Emblem character, but I know how Nintendo works when it comes to promoting stuff. So yeah, Edelgard seems more likely than Anna, and I think she looks cool and can be unique. I support. Forget the haters, we really can't have enough Fire Emblem.
Anna is actually my most-wanted, as well, but I know she's a pipe dream at best.

I hope Edelgard gets in over the avatar. The avatar looks so plain.
The avatar/Byleth getting in over Edelgard would be the biggest crime Sakurai could commit, even worse than adding Corrin instead of Azura.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
The avatar/Byleth getting in over Edelgard would be the biggest crime Sakurai could commit, even worse than adding Corrin instead of Azura.
If that happens then I dont want a new FE Rep I rather have Euden or Katalina.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Since Nintendo chose the 5 DLC characters and not Sakurai, I must agree that they're likely from titles they want to promote. If that is the case, I fancy Edelgard's chances have significantly increased. Still, there's not much we know about the game, and we haven't even gotten a solid release date. I really hope we'll learn more about the game soon.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
If we had to get another FE rep, I would definitely prefer Edelgard over Byleth. Plus, with Nintendo choosing the DLC characters, I feel like she would be more likely. Corrin most likely got in Smash 4 over Azura due to him being the main character. However, I think Nintendo would prioritize the character that's more popular and has more to offer. They clearly want the DLC to sell, and adding in another generic blue-haired sword user would be a bad idea for that. Plus, having more waifus in the roster is always a good thing considering how few we got in the base game. :)

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I could see them announcing the release date for Three Houses and tying in Edlegard's in Smash during that announcement, similar to Isabelle's announcement. Maybe make the release date for her in Smash on the same day that Three Houses comes out?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am actually totally down for Edelgard, big Fire Emblem fan here. Shame we didn't hear about Three Houses for so long... Am very curious about this upcoming game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Am actually totally down for Edelgard, big Fire Emblem fan here. Shame we didn't hear about Three Houses for so long... Am very curious about this upcoming game.
Here's hoping that the Direct rumor for the thirteenth comes true.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
In response tou your title: No, we don't. We need better quality Fire Emblem characters.

So far we have:
Marth
Female Marth
Flashy Marth
Heavy Marth
Robin
and Corrin

If Edelgard is actually an axe user and fights nothing like a swordsman, that'll be a 5th unique moveset for the franchise and one far more different than Ike's.
I'm hopeful but I don't think I can support a character on "probably fights a little differently to the other 6 in her franchise" alone. Especially not when the likes of Krystal do that far far better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom