• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ebargo lifted: What are the unlockable stages?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Only 46 stages? I hope the storm of gamers rushing to cancel their pre-orders doesn't cause a major traffic crisis tomorrow.
46 stages and no Bowser's Castle, Planet Wisp, Magicant, Sunset Shores, Metroid Prime Stage, so yes, this is pathetic.

Not to mention no Rainbow Road 8.

Jimray3

Smash Rookie
D-Idara, there are 5 stages we don't know about yet, so maybe

there will be such a stage

Jimray3

Smash Rookie
nvm there are not 5 more stages left there are 5 shared stages

so that's all folks

FlaygletheBagel

Smash Cadet
NNID
AmateurSalad8
3DS FC
5429-7042-7857
Man, I would much rather have forfeited any sort of 3DS version if it would've meant I could have all the new 3DS stages on Wii U. Magicant, Mute City, Living Room, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks, 3D Land (maybe would've been 3D World if it were on console), AHHHH I can't think of this too much without getting frustrated.

The stage selection is easily my biggest sore spot about this game. I think the roster is great and the amount of modes is extensive, but there's just so few new stages. Hopefully there's DLC on the way to smooth that out.

Whatever Nintendo's new platform is, I hope the next Smash Bros isn't a split effort like it was in Smash 4. I don't want to have to turn on an inferior version of the game in order to play a great stage like Magicant.

kylexv

Smash Master
Only 46 stages? Why are there less unlockable stages in the Wii U Version than in the 3DS? Not to mention there are less new stages than in Brawl.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Man, I would much rather have forfeited any sort of 3DS version if it would've meant I could have all the new 3DS stages on Wii U. Magicant, Mute City, Living Room, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Tracks, 3D Land (maybe would've been 3D World if it were on console), AHHHH I can't think of this too much without getting frustrated.

The stage selection is easily my biggest sore spot about this game. I think the roster is great and the amount of modes is extensive, but there's just so few new stages. Hopefully there's DLC on the way to smooth that out.

Whatever Nintendo's new platform is, I hope the next Smash Bros isn't a split effort like it was in Smash 4. I don't want to have to turn on an inferior version of the game in order to play a great stage like Magicant.
I hate to say this and sound like an ingrate, but I sort of agree. I am honestly surprised that there are no new stages I didn't already know about yesterday. I really wanted several of the 3DS stages to appear on both versions, and wanted some other returning stages like Subcon and Mario Bros. Oh well. Hopefully there are a few DLC stage packs.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Well considering they had to make two games at once and divide exclusive stages among the two, how bad is it now?
Some of the best 3DS stages are exclusive. Spirit Train, Gerudo Valley, Reset Bomb Forest, Tortimer Island, Living Room, Paper Mario, Arena Ferox. :(

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Some of the best 3DS stages are exclusive. Spirit Train, Gerudo Valley, Reset Bomb Forest, Tortimer Island, Living Room, Paper Mario, Arena Ferox. :(
You forgot Magicant (which seems to be everyone's favorite), Pac-Maze and Balloon Fight (which don't seem to be anyone's favorite for some reason - I love those stages), Golden Plains, Find Mii and Pictochat 2. I was really hoping all of those would be in both versions. They're all pretty unique.

I also wanted Corneria and Yoshi's Island to be in both versions too. I enjoy those stages quite a bit. I would gladly pay for a DLC pack to add those stages.

Last edited:

killer9260

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario is unlocked by playing a Master Order ticket.
Falco is unlocked through classic mode (presumably he takes Ness' unlock requirement while Lucina takes Falco's old requirement of beating classic mode with no continues)

Stage unlock requirements for those curious are:
Flat Zone X: Break 100 blocks in Trophy Rush as Game and Watch
Duck Hunt: Get 1 KO in Cruel Smash
Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Smashville are unlocked by beating specific events
No idea on Pac-Land
Pac-Land is unlocked by playing on all the Smash Tour Boards

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
Only 46 stages was probably to be expected when they announced the 3DS and Wii U would have different stages.

Still, can't wait for tomorrow!

TroperCase

Smash Cadet
Hardly worth bringing up, but it's heavily implied Miiverse will be free, so 47 (if you overlook that it's the same as Battlefield).

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
If there are DLC stages, then there should be more N64 stages coming, Congo Jungle 64 being the only returning 64 stage would just be plain weird.

The past stages I'd want as DLC would be

Super Smash Bros. 64:
Peach's Castle (yeah, yeah)
Dreamland
Mushroom Kingdom
Sector Z

I'd only want Hyrule Castle and Saffron City if they get updated in design

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
Great Bay
Fountain of Dreams
Mushroom Kingdom II
Poke Floats
I gods yes! Poke Floats is possibly my favorite Smash stage of all time. All of those would be welcomed back with open arms by me. But why the exclusion of Hyrule Castle and Saffron City? Those are tons of fun.

Last edited:

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Pac-Land is unlocked by playing on all the Smash Tour Boards
Any idea if it counts if you start Smash Tour and then exit it? I... Really have no intention to ever touch that mode in my life.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Comparing the Brawl and SSB4 character/stage roster is a little unfair as Brawl but it can't be helped. Basically, Brawl had everything in terms of what was to be expected minus a few surprise additions/absences. Character wise, we got Wario, Diddy, Sonic, Wolf, Toon Link, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Lucario, and Pit...all characters that speculators back in 06-07 were asking for. We also had the added surprises of Olimar, ROB, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, and Lucas. As well, most every franchise had at least one new stage with the more important franchises gaining two new stages. I quote Sakurai in that "Brawl's roster is perfect." and I agree with both stages and characters. Game mechanics though was very far from being perfect.

Now, SSB4 has included a new cast of characters that "Yeah, they are they cool" but fail to carry the iconic reputation as those added in Brawl. That is to be expected of course as the pool of characters they can draw from are getting smaller and smaller; with more emphasis being placed on more recent characters rather than iconic characters. By Smash 6, all of the iconic characters will be, more or less, added in into the roster. However, I am sorely disappointed in the stage selection with franchises getting one new stage while some franchises not even getting a new stage. Then in the 3DS version, you have an large amount of Super Mario stages while some franchises, like Metroid or Star Fox, has only one. I am not even talking about a lack of franchise stage representation but just a general lack of stage variety. With the possibility that the only two new unlockable stages being Duck Hunt and Pac Land, it makes me wonder if this is truly deserves the title of the "final product". If you put the two versions together then yes we have tons of new stages but if Sakurai really wants to give us a full rpoduct that makes consumers happy, he should of made it a prerogative to include more new stages. The fact Pokemon has only two stages along with anything besides Super Mario is rather disconcerting.

This won't affect my pre-order but I question what Sakurai was thinking when deciding Smash 4's stage roster. It's very lackluster compared to Brawl. Yeah, the stages are beautiful and very interesting but still lackluster.

sigh....

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
It's a shame many of the returning stages are laughably bad, namely 75m, a strictly inferior Mario Circuit, the worst Yoshi's Island, and multiple flat zones. That aside, I would be completely content with the stage list if only Fountain of Dreams was present.

Give me Fountain or give me death.

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
You can just make any stages you miss
Ya, the option is there... but unfortunately the stage builder is still extremely lackluster meaning only the simplest of stages can be recreated. I could build Brinstar Depths, but since I can't make it spin the entire charm of the original wouldn't be there :/

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Town & City, cool! ..... Smashville, wtf? Why.

Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8), omg amazing!!!! ..... Mario Circuit (Brawl), wtf. What in the actual ----

I mean seriously, what IS THAT.
Smashville is the best thooooo =C

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
If anyone knows what the unknown stages are, they can be revealed now that the embargo is no longer under way. If you see a video detailing it, please post it in this thread.
Yes it was! We already know all the stages from the leak now we don´t need this information anymore -____-"

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
New Pork City would have been a welcome return now that 8 player smash exists. Is this really confirmed? Is there really only 6 unlockable stages? Makes me wonder why we have 2 Mario Kart stages and two Animal Crossing stages that look the exact same. What a waste of 2 stage slots.....Shame
New Pork City was from Mother 3. Without Lucas...

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The stage builder bothers me because it still seems so limited. I wish you could take blocks, setpieces or backgrounds from existing stages. The ones you're stuck with are too generic to really build anything fun to look at.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Plus the backgrounds are horribly boring. Granted, they're not ugly like Brawl's, but it would have been cool to have different series-themed backgrounds.

Also, any stage from previous games has a shot of returning as DLC, even ones like Green Greens and Princess Peach's Castle which have their music in other stages. An update could either remove those songs from the new stages of have them play on both the new ones and the returning ones.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
You can just make any stages you miss
I can't recreate most of the stages I miss. :( Only one I can easily recreate is maybe Sector Z.

But even then, the levels would look super generic (since the stage builder doesnt have nintendo themed parts), lacks a lot of gimmicks, doesn't support 8 players and we don't know if we can even play them online. It's not that much of a useful solution.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
I personally think a lot of the new stages are going to be fun to play with. What's with all of the whining? Shouldn't we be excited as ***? The game we've been waiting for is here tomorrow! I'm excited! :p

Anyway, can people stop saying that the 3DS version didn't hinder the development? It obviously did, considering the development was split between an inferior version AND the definite version, which probably has resulted in only a few more stages from Brawl.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I personally think a lot of the new stages are going to be fun to play with. What's with all of the whining? Shouldn't we be excited as ***? The game we've been waiting for is here tomorrow! I'm excited! :p

Anyway, can people stop saying that the 3DS version didn't hinder the development? It obviously did, considering the development was split between an inferior version AND the definite version, which probably has resulted in only a few more stages from Brawl.
Don't forget it made us lose the Ice Climbers. So lame.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget it made us lose the Ice Climbers. So lame.
It just was a poor choice in the long run (despite the 3DS version being a good Smash game), considering the sacrifices that had to be made.

Loss of Ice Climbers.
A stage roster that's barely bigger than Brawl's.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Considering brawl had the worst stage builder i have ever seen, yes, you're a fool.
I dunno, I had a crapton of fun with that stage builder. The new one looks pretty lackluster if you ask me. The drawing is an improvement, but everything else...yikes.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
46 stages and no Bowser's Castle, Planet Wisp, Magicant, Sunset Shores, Metroid Prime Stage, so yes, this is pathetic.

Not to mention no Rainbow Road 8.
Man, Planet Wisp would've been awesome. City Escape would be cool too, or even Death Egg!

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Yeah, the stages in Smash Wii U are a massive, massive disappointment. No way to argue otherwise.

I'm still reeling that 75m and Mario Circuit made it back in. Who in the hell thought they were good stages?

Top Bottom