• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EB Gives Brawl Wi-Fi Sticker; Prima Reneges on November Release Date

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Alright, time to put my input on this. I don't think the Wi-Fi logo is real. Why? I'll show you.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180002

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230009

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230008

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916068

Look at how the logos of all stuff is put. It's blocking away from the faces or anything major right? In marketing, they have to make sure not to block anything that's covering the art. The art is the ad. When you compare Brawl with the Pokemon one, you'd notice that the wi-fi logo is inches away farther from the edge area.

While the Brawl art is good, unless they're gonna move it, I don't think it's their official art, especially with comparing with past Smash games. Each one looks completly different from one another. Who knows how Brawl would look. They might go for an anime type style.
wait... MELEE'S NOT WI-FI!! LOL

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Real or not, my hopes are up for Wifi. Then again, they might know more than we would (retailers) but I trust Sakurai to deliver it to us first. Still, I'm hopeful. Wow, my response was all over the place.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Duh, or we wouldn't have to worry about it in the first place XD

I put up the Melee link because I wanted to show you it's box art, the logos, and how it's presented. You never know, Brawl might really differ from this.
I thought u were doing all wi-fi games (^^)v LOL nvm

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I trust Sakurai to deliver it to us first.
It's fake, at least the Wifi sticker. No way it would be "leaked" twice, with the second time to just put on the Wifi sticker. Sakurai wouldn't let something like that not be announced on Dojo first/at the same time. There's still plenty of debate if the art itself is official or not, but the wifi logo is faked, at the very least.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Does not seem to be the real thing, good art though. If the wi fi is not gonna be perfert i hope they just leave it out. Any slowdown whatsoever could destroy they game, and make it unplayable online.

tijmenzwaan

Smash Rookie
hey tijmenzwaan, is that a custom avatar? because it says your only a smash N00B.
so, your avatar is cool!!!
not its not custom, and thanks, i like it too.

by the way, i took it cause i play samus, but i don't know yet if im going to play zero.
question, you play samus too =p

Drake3

Smash Ace
The Wifi logo is definitely fake. I think that boxart is probably one of the discarded ones.

Hax

Smash Champion
this is fake imo. my reasoning being the fact that only characters announced up until a certain date are featured on the box art. all the characters on this box were announced before ike, peach, diddy, etc.

it was very well done though.

will388

Smash Cadet
wi-fi was confirmed a over year ago..

Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

If you do in fact own a GameCube, and have yet to grab a copy of Smash Bros, please commit honorable suicide at this time (or we guess you could just go buy it too). You won't find a more addictive fighter on Nintendo's console. The only thing we could add to the game, online gameplay, is already in the works for Brawl, making us a group of very happy campers.
http://cube.ign.com/articles/772/772300p5.html

danroks

Smash Cadet
in my opinion
i think its to detaild to be fake who would spend ages on a cover that good for it to be fakei also think they havent addedsnake in cause he will be a secret unlock which sonic might be to lol
EDIT:where did they get the charecter pics from hmm ive never seen 1ns like that b4

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, that is a good fake [which I'm 99.999999999% sure it is], but it would be a AWFUL real box art. AWFUL! Seriously, the real box art is going to blow that out of the water, for sure. :)

And this still doesn't confirm online. Proof=click the Brawl online petition link on my sig. ;)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I think that you're being a little over the top JohnKnight. That boxart isn't bad and you're making brawl into a God like status which being a game it isn't. I do agree with the wifi thing though not to say the game doesn't have wifi.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think that you're being a little over the top JohnKnight. That boxart isn't bad and you're making brawl into a God like status which being a game it isn't. I do agree with the wifi thing though not to say the game doesn't have wifi.
It's almost as bad as the SSB64 box art. :laugh: It's good as a FAKE, but bad for such a high up there series. Seriously, the real cover is gonna be sick, like Melee's, if not better. Plus, c'mon Link's face looks wierd, and we've seen all those animations before basically in one place or another. The real box art will have more characters, will be more organized, and will be way more intense, awsome, and amazing. :)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
It's almost as bad as the SSB64 box art. :laugh: It's good as a FAKE, but bad for such a high up there series. Seriously, the real cover is gonna be sick, like Melee's, if not better. Plus, c'mon Link's face looks wierd, and we've seen all those animations before basically in one place or another. The real box art will have more characters, will be more organized, and will be way more intense, awsome, and amazing. :)
*Gasp* I loved the Smash 64 boxart. It may have not been epic... But it sho was tight (to the hezey). I can understand you want to reach for much more than what has been offered but I can't see Ninten cramming more characters into the boxart and the thing still looking cool. Melee itself had to confine characters to squares just to fit everone on (while portraying a cool image). Saying we need more characters on the boxart is like asking for an 8 player mode in brawl (as if things weren't chaotic enough). i think that if we were left with this boxart I'd be content .

Plus Link looks handsome on the boxart.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
EBgames and Gamestop's websites have taken down the boxart and put up a generic box, that says for display purposes only.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
this may be a little off topic, and if its too off topic, lemme know... but what could the prima guide possibly have to offer in terms of valuable tips to competitive play? I know some guides have extensive strategies and things of the sort for multiplayer, but will this be the case for prima?

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Stupid question- wasn't the original plan for the new Smash, long before Sakurai was called in, just to make an online version of Melee? I seem to remember something to that effect, could be wrong. But if that is the case, wouldn't it seem kinda bizarre for them to release Brawl without an online mode of some kind? Just a thought, I welcome critical analysis.

D1

Banned via Administration
Every major video game journal/website that covers video game news already confirms that Sakurai said this game is gonna be online.

Why waste time speculating when we all know its gonna be online already?

>_>

*leaves pointless thread*

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Every major video game journal/website that covers video game news already confirms that Sakurai said this game is gonna be online.

Why waste time speculating when we all know its gonna be online already?

>_>

*leaves pointless thread*
LOLOLOL I caught you in a newbie THREAD OMGZ!!! :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Would it be worth noting that Amazon dot com has changed the proposed boxart? Or has everyone noticed and debunked that already?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I think the box arts fake... if I had to guess who did it... Id say ome smash fans over at deviantart.... kids know how to fool. I use to bootleg yugio cards and no-one could tell they wee fake...not sure what that has to do with nything but yeh. Thanx for reading Im Jeremy Feifer B****, enjoy yourselves.

Shuma

Smash Hero
This is the first time in my life i visit this sub-forum. And i regret it.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
this may be a little off topic, and if its too off topic, lemme know... but what could the prima guide possibly have to offer in terms of valuable tips to competitive play? I know some guides have extensive strategies and things of the sort for multiplayer, but will this be the case for prima?
I think the bigger thing about the prima guide than "competitive tips" is that releasing it early would also automatically reveal everything about the game before the game came out, ala secret stages, characters, etc.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think the bigger thing about the prima guide than "competitive tips" is that releasing it early would also automatically reveal everything about the game before the game came out, ala secret stages, characters, etc.
thats tru...But i still would declare getting the one from Nintendo Power

Prima's guide for SSBM had quite a few mistakes in their guide...the only thing that I liked about theirs than NP's guide was that they showed all the trophies....I really advise everyone to get Nintendo Power rather than Prima for Accuracy on info...but it everyone opinions I guess

Top Bottom