• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East NC tourny planning help?

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
Well. I'm looking to Host a tourney (yes Brawl, maybe Melee) because I have a hard time getting out towards other people. Currently looking for a venue right now.

What I'd like to know/need
Anyone want to help run it (still enter and everything) I can't enter and run it alone.

Good date to set it for.

Which rulesets MLG or SBR.

People to hype it up.

NAMMMEEEE

and if everything goes well how often we should do it.

Since I'm so far from most people it'll be a drive coming out here. So I don't want this tourney to be a flop first time around. If it all goes well expect more.

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
I live out in Havelock about 2 and a half hours east of Raleigh. I can look for a venue like a little closer but it'll be a bit of a drive for people.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
e.e

thats like near the beach. that might be difficult. its about the same distance from raleigh as I am, and well...I never host tourneys because nobody comes lol.

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
Yeah, about 30 minutes from the beach. But, that's why I want to start planning.. It doesn't have to be any time soon. But if we can get a good date, venue, and hype. I think we can get a good turnout

Just carpool XD

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
yeah, that far east, and just brawl? don't expect a good turn out.

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
I can do Melee as well.

How do big tournaments get big? Planned far in advance, good date where everyone can make it, Venue, and a **** ton of hype.

That's what I'm trying to do.

If we can get people to say they are coming... then that will cause more to want to come.. and then more after that. Hype hype hype... we need a big tourny

First thing before that is a Date. Want at least 2-3 months from now... maybe longer. What tourneys are going on around December or January? Any reasons not to have one that month?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
running a big tournament requires experience. its not something you can jump into. start with a local.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Actually you can turn that **** into a beach trip or something :p and then have a nice turn out I guess if done right.

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
I've hosted a few local ones previously in Michigan.

and that's also why I was asking if anyone wanted to help out with it?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ok well aside from the melee players discouraging you, i will let you know that you can have a very decent turn out espeically with brawl, it usually produces a bigger turn out. it would be great if you ran a tourney.

And it's near a beach? ****!

how far from Raleigh is havlock?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
ok well aside from the melee players discouraging you, i will let you know that you can have a very decent turn out espeically with brawl, it usually produces a bigger turn out. it would be great if you ran a tourney.

And it's near a beach? ****!

how far from Raleigh is havlock?
Okay keith, make this about how Melee players suck... **** you Keith

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol i didnt say that or think that, but you and ocean were pretty quick to discourage the guy.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
no we weren't, we were being realistic.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Honesty is the best policy, Keith. You can't honestly expect a good turnout for a tournament 2 1/2 hours east of Raleigh, from someone no one's ever heard of, regardless of what game he's planning on hosting. Now, if he went to ECU we know he'd have the support of bden and michael, same at UNCW, but that's not the case here. I don't want this guy to plan a tourney that I'm positive is doomed to fail imo.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If he wants to host then there's nothing wrong with it.

Be realistic without discouraging him.

Btw I doubt I'd come to this unless I carpooled.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I would go just to chill in that town Newport right below you.
that's where I'm originally from (newport, not havelock) before I moved to Emerald Isle. I am so surprised that anyone has even heard of Newport. How is that you have heard of it. I usually have to say that it is the cross section between morehead city, havelock, and cape carteret and that it right next to the Crystal Coast. Otherwise, no one has any idea of what I'm talking about.

BTW, I would probably come to this tournament. It would give me a reason to drive home one weekend.

Purple

Hi guys!
I recommend you make some set variables for people who come into this thread to look into.

Edit your first post with your location, some basic info for the tournament (pot fee, door fee if you have one).

Do you have a venue actually set up already? Because having that is a big part of the local/big tournament.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
yea eastside!!. you got a who bunch of us at ecu. we got about 10 to 16 underground smashers here that would come if u set up a reasonable date.
(thats right everyone i just said we got 10-16 smashers here WE BREEDING MOFO's like its nobodies business.)
if u do this i know quite a few of us would go.

plus ralieghs only 2 hours....all u fools that go to NCSU (no offense to state. foxy's the ****) y not go to the beach.....and smash....girls at the beach....u can then try to smash...smash then try to smash. and if youre lucky someone will do it ECU style and bring some alcohol. Smash, try to smash then get smashed....u guys catch me drift?

everyone come smash it up then maybe beach it up. or just go to the beach and stop by for the tourney. :)

ive been here at ecu to long to think about all this so much

hellz yea, 101st post wasnt a waste. in my opinion

Top Bottom