• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbounders for Brawl (the official thread)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
If Ness isn't included, I will scream.

I think he will be included though, as he is A: A unique character from an extremely popular game in Japan and a game that has a large cult following in America and B: Was in the original SSB (might not mean much, but I'm guessing it will).

I'm still on watch for Earthbound 2/Mother 3 to be released in English SOMEWHERE so I can import it... but I think it'd be cool if one of those characters was in it too.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Finally, a moveset for Jeff. Disregard what I said in my last post about the spark plug as a f-smash. ;)

JEFF:

Moving Speed:
Same as Ness

Weight:
Just a little lighter than Zelda

Traction:
Between Ness's and Fox's, so better wavedash than Ness.

Jumping (Style and Height):
First- Like Ness's first jump
Second- Like Fox's second jump
Floatiness- Just below Ness's
Can't DJC

ATTACKS:

A, AA, and AAA are exactly like Ness's.

F-tilt- Roundhouse kick
(9%, 3 times/2 seconds)
U-tilt- Single-Handed Volley
(7%, as fast as Fox's U-Tilt)
D-tilt- Sharp Piston Kick
(5%, the speed of Capt. Falcon's Rapid Punch)

^^(Above Knockback is same as Ness's)^^

Dash Attack- Charging Pop-Gun
(8%, Jeff dives and shoots his pop-gun, half of Ness's range (for the Dash-Atk), 50 frames)

F-Smash- Counter-Psi Unit
(15% to 25%, Looks like Zelda's F-smash, hurts like Pichu's, 50 frames)
U-Smash- Screw Driver
(Uncharged: 2% to 14%, Charged: 4% to 28%, Sticks an electric screw driver in the air in Roy's U-Smash Fashion, 50 frames, good knockback)
D-Smash- Slime Generator
(5% to 20%, spins around and sprays slime around him, similar to Pikachu's D-Smash, 60 frames, good knockback)

N-Air- Wet Towel
(12%, It's Ness's N-air with a Wet Towel, 40 frames, Fair knockback)
F-Air- Spark Plug
(14%, Jeff pulls out a Spark plug and pulls off a PK Shove with 7 hits of 2%, OK knockback on last hit)
B-Air- Back-Slap
(When sweetspotted like Ness's B-Air, it spikes down for 16%. Otherwise, it sends them upward by a little for 9%. 60 frames, sweet spot on frame 10 for 10 frames, then the upward hit for 20 frames)
U-Air- Headbutt
(Ness's Headbutt on Steroids, but not as quick. 14%, 60 frames, super knockback)
D-Air- Pin-Headder
(10%, Ness's old spike, but it doesn't knock them down. 50 frames)

Neutral-B- Gaia Beam
(A super scope that fires Samus's Charge Shots- 4% to 25%. 7 frames lag with little shots, up to 60 frames of lag with bigger shots)
F-Tilt-B- Bottle Rockets
(15%, fires Samus's tilt missles that look like Bottle Rockets, 47 frames)
F-Smash-B- Heavy Bazooka
(20%, fires Samus's smash missles that look like torpedos, 50 frames)
Up-B- Jet Pack
(2% per flame, ejects fire downward similar to Bowser's breath with 1/3 range, propels Jeff a little bit upward as long as you hold B, giving him the time to DI to the stage while rising, deteriorates as fast as Bowser's Breath, recharges when Jeff lands, doesn't paralize him when usage stops, 30 frames 'til ignition)
Down-B- Super Bomb
(12% Pulls out a futuristic bomb that doesn't blow up until an enemy touches it. Jeff can pick it up and walk through it, but the explosion hurts him for half damage. 35 frames 'til bomb is pulled out, fair knockback)

GRABS:
Grab range and frame lag is that of Pichu's.

(While Grabbing)
(Throwing speed changes based on weight, fastest being 20 frames, slowest being 60)
A- Spark (3%, 25 frames in between)
Foward- Drop-Kick
(8%, sends opponent a set distance based on weight)
Backward- Catapult
(9%, sends opponent a distance based on damage)
Upward- Head-Butt
(7%, Pichu's Up-throw, basically.)
Downward- Shocking Torture
(Pulls a Fox D-Throw with the Sparkplug)

LEDGEGAME:
Same as Ness's

Taunt- *Bubble Monkey Toss* (80 Frames, can be cancelled at frame 70)

Super move: Multiple Bottle-rocket swarm (like 20 or so bottle rockets) and Powershield (cuts damage in half) that lasts the same length as the hammer lasts.

How's this?

dan smith

Smash Champion
That's...extensive.

I'm more concise. I'll say this about the three:

Paula: I hate saying she should be a clone...but she'd be like Ness...with more emphasis on PSI abilities. (as well as a teddy bear and frying pan, B****.)

Jeff: Gadgets, ray guns, bottle rockets, etc. etc.

Poo: Teleportation, martial arts, swordsmanship, PSI Mirror.

I think most people have the basic feel for the characters...and I will agree with others that Jeff is the hardest to imagine. He's just such a prissy white boy. I'm pleased by the amount of response this is getting, it shows that Earthbound truly does have a following!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about in Mother 3? Just for argument, lets do those too.

Lucas: For all intents and purposes, a clone of Ness, sadly. He even has PSI Rockin' (Thogh it's called PK "Love" in his game by default).

Claus: Haven't played that far yet.

Duster: Wall Staples, Paper Fan, Hypnosis ring, Scary Mask, Robust Kicking system, Physically Built radically different from any other Mother Hero.

Kumatora: Basically like Paula, except with Pink hair, and perhaps the hint that she's quite a bit older than Ness, paula, Lucas, and Poo.

I stand on the opposite side of the fence. Poo and Paula (At least in my Earthbound game) became just as much about PSI as Ness did, but I had to use Jeff differently, since he relied on Items. That differentiates him more from Ness than Paula or Poo could be (Poo could be different, as he is a sword character, but his PSI catalogue is still quite similar) For this reason, I endorse Jeff more than the other two.

But I still say Duster FTW. He'll always be my favorite and I can't even read Japanese.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Even if you do play that far, DO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING REGARDING CLAUS! One of the best things about Mother 3 is the storyline and if you spoil it for yourself, you basically ruin the feeling you can only get from playing the game on your own without a single thing spoiled for you ahead of time. And Claus has A LOT to do with the story than you think. He's certaintly no copy of his brother Lucas.

Speaking of Lucas, he doesn't have to necessarily end up as a Ness clone if the developers are creative enough to work around that roadblock. Even if it means him getting Kumatora's moves, he can certaintly work as something other than a Ness clone with enough thought.

Duster CERTAINTLY deserves a spot on the cast list however. He has enough creative moves and abilities. You also forgot to mention that his one leg is handicapped and he limps when he walks and despite that, he still fights by kicking people with his feet. Gotta love a guy like that.

EDIT: Oh and Dark Ness, I think Jeff should shoot the bottle rockets as his super move. He should also have the Slime Generator as a move. Makes the opponent unable to move and whatnot. Even better would be the Hungry HP Sucker. Suck the health from nearby opponents.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
personally, i think that ness's attacks should have been:
f speical: PK SPECIAL - the random designs shooting out for a set distance from the game
u special: PK Teleport Omega - does a little spin run and teleports in sticks direction
n special: PK Flash: same as melee
d special: PK Hypnosis: works like mewtwos

and paula should have used ness's current attack.

Poo would have:
f special: starstorm - like bowers fire only shoots outline's of stars forward, like sparks
u special: PK Telepor Omega - same as above
d special: PK Magnet
n special: PK Freeze - works like PK flash only blue and has a chance to turn enemy into cubes

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hmm...with the recent annoucements about character removals and overhauls...I actually wouldn't be too suprised if they did finally fix Ness' incorrect movelist. Give him the moves that he actually used in the game.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
If they did that, then that would work in terms of Lucas (Mother 3) becoming playable as well without having to turn into a Ness clone.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
I couldn't find the source but I still remember seeing that he wouldn't be in it. I agree that it would be stupid not to have him though seeing that he is a second party character that's pretty popular. Shigeru said this in 05 when the game didn't even have a development team, so they probably changed it.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
This is what I think the Earthbound characters moves should be

Ness
Uspecial - PSI Teleport
Fspecial - PSI Rockin
Dspecial - PSI Sheild
Nspecial - PSI Flash.

Paula
Uspecial - PSI Thunder
Fspecial - PSI Fire
Dspecial - PSI Magnet
Nspecial - PSI Freeze

Jeff
Uspecial - Big Bottle Rocket
Fspecial - Slime Generator
Dspecial - Hungry HP Sucker
Nspecial - Blaster

Poo
Uspecial - PSI Thunder
Fspecial - PSI Starstorm
Dspecial - PSI Sheild
Nspecial - PSI Freeze

I think their weights/speed/jump should be like this.

Ness - Same weight/Same speed/Same Jump
Paula - Lighter Than Ness/Faster than Ness/ Jumps better than Ness.
Jeff - Midweight/Same speed as Ness/ Jumps more Horizontally, Less vertically.
Poo - Heavier than Jeff/ Slightly slower than Ness/ Less Vertically, more horzontally. Not Floaty.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Shashin said:
This is what I think the Earthbound characters moves should be

Ness
Uspecial - PSI Teleport
Fspecial - PSI Rockin
Dspecial - PSI Sheild
Nspecial - PSI Flash.

I was thinking the same thing with sheild only how would it work and not be broken? Would it just absorb all physical attacks? or reflects half damage to opponent? and people could just grab, making it a worthless move as any physical attack would mean grab range... or would it reflect only physical missles like items and samus's missles (heh anti-link)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I think Poo has the best chance, but I think Lucas wiull be included before all of them.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
odinm4gick said:
I was thinking the same thing with sheild only how would it work and not be broken? Would it just absorb all physical attacks? or reflects half damage to opponent? and people could just grab, making it a worthless move as any physical attack would mean grab range... or would it reflect only physical missles like items and samus's missles (heh anti-link)
Imagine it as kind of like Peach's Toad, and Fox's shine. This will be Jump Cancellable. I smell broken tier.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ness should the only Mother 2 character in Brawl. Mother 1 and 3 should send in their own character.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
dan smith said:
How can I get my hands on M3?? I need to know these characters.
Starmen.net has a whole thing on how to import it. You can also poke around in the forums if you want to spoil it for yourself but my best advice is just import it and get a guide off of GameFAQs that deals with the translationed form of the text.

Just remember to keep all spoilers away from this discussion or put them in tags. (Though I reccomend the former, especially in where Claus' backstory is concerned)

icymatt

Smash Lord
I honestly believe someone from Mother 3 will make it into Brawl, the game is the hot new thing.

LinkMoo

Smash Cadet
I totally agree. I have been an Earthbound fanboy since the game came out unlike alot of people who only got into the game when they saw how cool Ness is in SSB 64. I was one of the few thrilled players when they found out Ness was chosen over all other characters in SSB 64. I was celebrating when Ness was discovered in SSB while the rest of the public sat and scratched their heads going "who the heck is Ness?" Nintendo shouldn't have made him suck THAT bad in melee though. That was a mistake. For Brawl I whole heartedly stand behind the addition of Paula Jeff and Poo. Paula can have a Teddy bear to absorb some of the attacks and her smash can be her frying pan. Also she can use her PSI Fire (in the game Ness didnt use this but they gave it to him in SSB) and her PSI freeze. Jeff, of course, can have his bottle rockets and other gadgets from the gameplay while Poo can use his Sword of Kings and PSI Starstorm as maybe a charge up, but very very powerful, B move. I will never put down my Wiimote if these 3 are added.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'll take either Jeff or Flint for SSBB. Jeff could use inventions and stuff. And Flint is a freakin' cowboy!

And Lucas could be a Ness costume

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I heard about Ness may not be in and they are going to put Claus or Lucas in (Mother 3) and they are basically just Ness.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Ness not making it is just about the worst thing that could happen. I would not enjoy it if Lucas or Claus replaced him at all, but I wouldn't care if one of the two was in the Japanese version with Ness still in the American version.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
You think Ness is the worst yet you're name includes mentions of him? There's a word for your type: hypocrite.

And I'd actually prefer both of them side by side without Lucas being a clone since they represent the two best (at least in my opinion) installments of the franchise. (I haven't played Mother 1 so I don't know much about that.)

I heard about Ness may not be in and they are going to put Claus or Lucas in (Mother 3) and they are basically just Ness.
First of all, that was the plan for Melee but back then Mother 3 was still planned for 64 and the 64 version was cancelled so it couldn't work out. Second, Lucas can be considered just Ness since he learns the same abilities. Claus however isn't basically just Ness. And it'd be wise not to say why.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
cless-mint said:
I'd hate to burst you guys bubble, but Shigeru said that Ness may not be in the game. Don't remember the sources as I'm looking for it now, but he said that last E3 when he announced what was then Super Smash Bros. Revolution.
Doubtful. Nothing was done with this game until Oct. of last year.

Also I'de like to see Claus(or Lucas, I dont know the main characters name) or Flint, but I dont know there move. Can anyone tell there abilitys/PSI?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
SmashChu said:
Doubtful. Nothing was done with this game until Oct. of last year.

Also I'de like to see Claus(or Lucas, I dont know the main characters name) or Flint, but I dont know there move. Can anyone tell there abilitys/PSI?
First off, Flint is barely in it. He's just in the first couple chapters, then they move on from him. Lucas is basically Ness PSI-wise, and Flint doesn't use PSI.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
http://walkthrough.starmen.net/mother3/

That should help you get to know the characters. Shouldn't spoil anything beyond Chapter 1 or anything important if you don't wander around that guide too much. Just don't look around in the other sections if you're trying to avoid spoilers though. And your question has been answered on the abilities thing. Basically Lucas uses the same stuff as Ness but they can get pretty inventive if they use PSI attacks from all three games in the Mother franchise. Sure not very creative but it's either that or make Lucas a clone.

Flints attacks involve being able to attack all enemies onscreen, increasing defense, increasing attack, and a move that gives you a 50/50 chance of missing a target entirely or landing a SMAAAAASH (what EB calls Critical Hits) attack on the victim.

And as for Claus: for the umpteenth time, I can't talk about it without spoiling major chunks of the storyline for you.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Upon reading about Earthboud 64, I was interested by the character Flint. I'd think he'd be an interesting character for smash, considering that EB64 was cancelled. or maybe I'm just wierd like that.

I also like to see Jeff, Paula, Poo and Starmen in smash as well. Maybe Giygas as a boss or something.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thanks Bowser 85
I wanted to think up some moves for those characters, so thats why I asked. I would like to see a Mother 3 character to give it some accnolagement. Claus might get in, but Flint might be better characters.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate to sound like a Broken record, but look up Duster on the Interweb. He's soGod**** cool. At one point he puts on an Afro wig and plays Bass guitar in the Runaway 5 stand-ins for M3. I won't tell you why though. (That would be a spoiler, I guess)

That and he's got the coolest moves. Tickle stick wall-staple combo FTW.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
You've GOTTA be kidding me.

Bowser85 said:
You think Ness is the worst yet you're name includes mentions of him? There's a word for your type: hypocrite.
Wow. Just wow. Can you read my post ANY more incorrectly?

Here's a translation just for you. ;)

Dark_Ness said:
If Lucas or Claus replaced Ness in SSB:Brawl, I'd be really cheesed off. I wouldn't mind if either of the Mother 3 characters were in Japan, but they better keep Ness in America. Both of them together would be even better.
Saying I think Ness is the worst is like saying liquid water isn't wet. It just doesn't work. Ness is top tier. ^_^

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Then why didn't you type that the first time? Your initial post was pretty sloppy looking to me so I couldn't tell what was your point was.

I hate to sound like a Broken record, but look up Duster on the Interweb. He's soGod**** cool. At one point he puts on an Afro wig and plays Bass guitar in the Runaway 5 stand-ins for M3. I won't tell you why though. (That would be a spoiler, I guess)
Yes, Duster is indeed one of the coolest characters in the game. I really like the fact that despite one of his legs being crippled and forcing him to walk with a limp, he still fights by kicking enemies with his legs. (Unless he's taking those equipable shoes he has for his weapons and wearing them on his hands.....) Gotta admire characters like that. The only problem with Duster is figuring out how his moves would be incorporated in a fight.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
It's just one of those mistakes you make every once in a while.

I wait patiently for the day Mother 3 comes out in English. It looks like an awesome game.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bowser85 said:
Then why didn't you type that the first time? Your initial post was pretty sloppy looking to me so I couldn't tell what was your point was.

Yes, Duster is indeed one of the coolest characters in the game. I really like the fact that despite one of his legs being crippled and forcing him to walk with a limp, he still fights by kicking enemies with his legs. (Unless he's taking those equipable shoes he has for his weapons and wearing them on his hands.....) Gotta admire characters like that. The only problem with Duster is figuring out how his moves would be incorporated in a fight.
Have you ever seen One Piece. Remember Sanji? He fights with crazy kicking skills. I imagine Duster's A-moves would play out kindof like that. Also, he might have some A-attacks that use the Scary Mask and Tickle-stick, just because it looks like my B moveset won't reflect them. Now, Lets see.

----------------

B moves for Duster:

Bneutral: Siren Beetle - Duster holds up a screaming beetle. As it screams, enemies that are close on all sides are turned around, as if hit by Mario's cape.

Bup: Wall Staple - If you've played Mother 3, you know what he does. He pulls out his staples and begins to climb upwards on them by attaching them to the air. He has reduced KB when climbing. They disappear after a bit. He climbs for about 8 rungs, then begins to fall. If he reaches another character during his climb he will grab them and kick off of them towards the way he was facing.

Bdown: Smoke Bomb - Duster throws down a smokebomb. The smoke cloud that appears is a little larger than Bowser's size. Any enemies caught in the smoke cloud begin to take damage and a minimal Knock back, sort of like the Wheezing in the Pokeball. If the move is used in the air, he will throw the bomb straight downwards. Being hit by the bomb itself causes fair damage and a little Knockback. At low %, its possible to be hit by the bomb and then caught in the smoke. The smoke lasts a second or two.

Bforeward: Hypnotism Ring - Works somewhat like Mewtwo's Hypnotise skill. He extends his arm out and the area in front of him begins to swirl around. Any characters caught in this swirl fall asleep. If a character is in the air when he touches the swirl, they are knocked back.

Super: Desperado Crush Mambo Combo - Duster puts on that Afro and grabs his Bass guitar. The rest of his band appears and begins throwing around Musical notes like the ones that appear in the battles of Mother 3.

Taunt: Duster pulls out his Bass Guitar and gives it a strum.

------

There you are. If someone cares to, they can make up A moves and grabs and things. I imagine that he would have a somewhat slow walking speed, but a much faster dash.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Except that Sanji's legs aren't crippled. He just fights with them simply because he's a chef and that as such, the hands he uses to cook with are too important to risk getting damaged. Duster doesn't seem to have any rules like that, he just does so DESPITE the fact that he limps on his right leg when he walks. So even if he can kick fight Sanji-style, you still gotta program his motions so that his leg moves as such.

Nice use of the Siren Beetle but I think the Wall Staple should be used for Forward + B and let you pin opponents down from moving. The Hypnotism Ring could work as an alternative for Neutral B and I think he should use the Rope Snake somehow as his Up + B. (Technically that item isn't an exclusive attack item or anything but you play as him when you first get it and I think it stays with him for the rest of the game. I don't know, I only get spoilers from Starmen.net and such. I haven't gotten to play much of it lately and I'm only past the Mr. Passion Boss fight.)

As for his Super Move, well I think it should be something more like Link's Super except w/ kicks instead of sword swipes and you basically have to pull off the rest of the combo manually to a rhytm or something similiar to the combo system in Mother 3 but I like you're idea too. It's probably more better. Question is how they'd implement the rest of the band.

Oh BTW, the band is called Desperado Crush Mambo Combo or DCMC for short.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Most of Ness' PSI/PK moves don't do any damage. I know Flash can sometimes defeat them with one hit, and I know his Rockin'/*Your Favorite* can damage.

Remember this Japanese commercial ad for MOTHER 1/NES EarthBound? Ninten was helping Ana use the Beam against the R7308XX. I know that wasn't in the RPG itself, but I'm sure Ninten would be a semi-clone.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bowser85 said:
Except that Sanji's legs aren't crippled. He just fights with them simply because he's a chef and that as such, the hands he uses to cook with are too important to risk getting damaged. Duster doesn't seem to have any rules like that, he just does so DESPITE the fact that he limps on his right leg when he walks. So even if he can kick fight Sanji-style, you still gotta program his motions so that his leg moves as such.

Nice use of the Siren Beetle but I think the Wall Staple should be used for Forward + B and let you pin opponents down from moving. The Hypnotism Ring could work as an alternative for Neutral B and I think he should use the Rope Snake somehow as his Up + B. (Technically that item isn't an exclusive attack item or anything but you play as him when you first get it and I think it stays with him for the rest of the game. I don't know, I only get spoilers from Starmen.net and such. I haven't gotten to play much of it lately and I'm only past the Mr. Passion Boss fight.)

As for his Super Move, well I think it should be something more like Link's Super except w/ kicks instead of sword swipes and you basically have to pull off the rest of the combo manually to a rhytm or something similiar to the combo system in Mother 3 but I like you're idea too. It's probably more better. Question is how they'd implement the rest of the band.

Oh BTW, the band is called Desperado Crush Mambo Combo or DCMC for short.
Well, I figured his A's would be somewhat Sanji-like, except with a serious gimpy leg. I like the Rope Snake idea though, And Wall-staples as a Foreward B sounds fun, and would serve much the same purpose as the Hypno-ring (Incapacitate an opponent in front of you) except now it's a physical Attacks. All right.

As for the Super, I picture that the members of DCMC would either be summoned right next to Duster (Like on top of him, with him in front and the other members surrounding him) or with them being summoned at pre-defined points on the map. Either of our suggestions takes advantage of the important "Musical" theme of Mother 3's combat, so it's all good.

Heres an updated list:

myself said:
B moves for Duster:

Bneutral: Siren Beetle - Duster holds up a screaming beetle. As it screams, enemies that are close on all sides are turned around, as if hit by Mario's cape.

Bup: Rope Snake - If you've played Mother 3, you know what he does. He pulls out his rope snake whip and jumps a third time while swinging the snake whip in front and above him. If he hits another character with the snake he will grab them and kick off of them somewhat like C. Falcon's UpB. If he hits a person with the attack, he can then perform the attack again. Perhaps it's possible to "chaingrab" with the Snake Rope at low %s. If the snake grabs a ledge, he will be saved like with Link's hookshot or Samus' grapple beam.

Bdown: Smoke Bomb - Duster throws down a smokebomb. The smoke cloud that appears is a little larger than Bowser's size. Any enemies caught in the smoke cloud begin to take damage and a minimal Knock back, sort of like the Wheezing in the Pokeball. If the move is used in the air, he will throw the bomb straight downwards. Being hit by the bomb itself causes fair damage and a little Knockback. At low %, its possible to be hit by the bomb and then caught in the smoke. The smoke lasts a second or two.

Bforeward: Wall Staples - Duster gives a great thrust foreward with his Ladder Rungs. If he hits an opponent, the enemy will be paralized in a manner more or less like DK's Foreward, Frozen and stuck to the ground.

Super: Desperado Crush Mambo Combo - Duster puts on that Afro and grabs his Bass guitar. The rest of his band appears next to him and begins throwing around Musical notes in all directions like the ones that appear in the battles of Mother 3.

Taunt: Duster pulls out his Bass Guitar and gives it a strum.
There you are.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I think it'd be awesome if they could fit Giygas in there somehow, as Giygas is my favorite game character ever. However, due to Giygas' formless, ungraspable nature, I don't see how they could make Giygas a character, though they could fit Giygas into a stage, similar to how they Featured Kraid in Brinstar Depths.

I'd think that it'd be cool if Starman end up being a character. I think it'd be cool if they had at least one Earthbound enemy.

And yes, Paula/Jeff/Poo are prime character choices.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, By the way. Heres a (Spoiler-free) picture of the Mother 3 crew. It's not in-game though, it's just some really awesome fanart I found.

Click the picture to get a bigger version. Thats Duster at the Bottom left, Lucas up top doing "PK Love" (His version of PSI Rockin') and the punching girl is Kumatora, Mother 3's version of Paula(Except a lot cooler) The dog is Boney/Bonnie (Nobody is sure of the exact translation yet) and he sticks around you for awhile, although I don't think you lead him into the final battle.

This is my favorite Mother 3 fanart, just because of the sheer bad***itude of the characters, especially Duster (BTW, those are wings on his shoes. It took me the longest time to figure that out.).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
So many good choices from Earthbound/Mother 2 and Mother 3...too hard to choose without picking all of them but then that would be too many characters.

Top Bottom