• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Invitational Attendee 'Milktea' Publishes Vlog on E3 Smash Experience

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
White knight. Lmao. That was funnier than it had to be.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Jesus, anytime we have a Milktea article, **** gets stirred up.

I wish people could not get offended and go trying to defend a person that probably doesn't even care about an "insult" of such minor magnitude.

You seriously think it's that big of a deal that someone commented about Milktea's hair color? Do you even think she would care herself? Why even bother with Paradoxium if you guys know he's wrong to begin with? Isn't better to not address an issue that doesn't need to be addressed? Defending Milktea out of spite because you think a silly comment about her looking better or worse with blond hair is pretty stupid.

I'm sure that if the genders were swapped, and someone, not even trash talking, just simply said, "M2K, why did you dye your hair black? Why?", you guys wouldn't even bother replying to them.
you're missing the bigger picture

it's totally worth it to make an example of some people to show that that kind of stuff isn't needed or beneficial in any way to this community's growth

i'm not trying to change your opinion. i'm saying that the world isn't going to congratulate you for having one and sometimes you should keep things to yourself.

no child left behind!

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
you're missing the bigger picture

it's totally worth it to make an example of some people to show that that kind of stuff isn't needed or beneficial in any way to this community's growth
You might be too deep in thought here. Nothing as simple as this would hinder the growth of our community.

I'd dislike everyone thinking in the same way, btw.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
You might be too deep in thought here. Nothing as simple as this would hinder the growth of our community.

I'd dislike everyone thinking in the same way, btw.
nah you're misunderstanding me, i just understand how sociology works

UriNATE

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-5619-0492
You seriously think it's that big of a deal that someone commented about Milktea's hair color? Do you even think she would care herself? Why even bother with Paradoxium if you guys know he's wrong to begin with? Isn't better to not address an issue that doesn't need to be addressed? Defending Milktea out of spite because you think a silly comment about her looking better or worse with blond hair is pretty stupid.
Listen, when this scene quits with the mindless objectification of women stemmed from their sexual repression, and spaghetti boy insecurities, then perhaps no one would need to address these issues and maybe one would have enough humility to apologize for a needless opinion of someone's appearance of choice, because really, what does someone's hair colour have to do with anyone but themselves? Pro tip: They don't do it for you.

I'm sure that if the genders were swapped, and someone, not even trash talking, just simply said, "M2K, why did you dye your hair black? Why?", you guys wouldn't even bother replying to them.
Lol, the pseudo-double-standard, rich. The day I see a smash player (or anyone for that matter) gossip about a male's appearance to the same extent as they would a woman's appearance is the day I win an EVO championship with my left thumb severed.

TL;DR: Be nice to those around you, tell your folks you love them more often because Lil B loves each and everyone of you - Lil B

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Both of you need to calm down. He asked a question with an implication that he isn't fond of it, not that he despises it.

If everything was butt bumping happy agree all the time land we wouldn't be where we are today.

I bet it took a lot of balls to single out a person for his opinion on hairstyles.
Where've you been, did you quit PM after Smashmods died or something?

Last edited:

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Yo! I really liked this video. It was exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't one of the lucky people that got to go to E3 this year so this gave me a little more insight on what it's like when people aren't on the show floor.

What could you do better Milktea? Nothing except to continue doing these whenever you're apart of something special. The editing was pretty good and the text commentary got the point across. Anyways thanks for this. I really appreciated it.

Mariomaruf

Smash Cadet
Perhaps Lilian forgot that she wasn't allowed to change anything that _she_ approves of towards her appearance without clarifying whether Paradoxium approved of her decisions or not.

Screw her, right? :rolleyes:
Why did you shave your beard PP, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I am enjoying the insightful Super Smash Bros. for Wii U discussion going on in these comments.

Also I don't care what anyone says, I'm jelly of the hair.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Only tumblr and neckbeards can hyper-analyze a comment about someone's hair color into a full-blown sociological discussion about how wommyn are oppress'd.

This isn't some ****ing hugbox, if you can't tolerate people stating their opinions then **** off back to tumblr or some other ****ty gaming site like SA forums of NeoGaf where you get banned for dissent.

His comment might've not been the most eloquently put, sure. But it was one ****ing comment that you blew out of proportion because Milktea is a woman. Way more comments about Chudat's glasses and PP's beard were made without any of this whiteknighting.

UriNATE

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-5619-0492
Only tumblr and neckbeards can hyper-analyze a comment about someone's hair color into a full-blown sociological discussion about how wommyn are oppress'd.

This isn't some ****ing hugbox, if you can't tolerate people stating their opinions then **** off back to tumblr or some other ****ty gaming site like SA forums of NeoGaf where you get banned for dissent.

His comment might've not been the most eloquently put, sure. But it was one ****ing comment that you blew out of proportion because Milktea is a woman. Way more comments about Chudat's glasses and PP's beard were made without any of this whiteknighting.
Buzzword count: 5

Lol. Stay mad.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

I wish people could not get offended and go trying to defend a person that probably doesn't even care about an "insult" of such minor magnitude.

I would, because I am a male who dyes his hair black. But it only goes back to what Pidgezero said. Her video is what matters here, not her hair color.

UriNATE

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-5619-0492
I would, because I am a male who dyes his hair black. But it only goes back to what Pidgezero said. Her video is what matters here, not her hair color.
Exactly. Thank you for showing that there are at least some people on this forum who have 20XX common sense and aren't poisoned with a 1950s view on women.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

lmao this isn't 4chan. If you can't tolerate people teaching you fools how to stay on-topic to the video and not her appearance, maybe you should go back to your fantasy land.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
[...]

^This^

I'm sorry, if I walk up to my female friend and ask her why she decided to colour her hair any color, that would simply be one person asking another what caused them to make the decision they did.
Curiosity for an explanation for someone's actions isn't against the law. >.>
"Why'd you get a burger?" I ask to a male and get a standard response.
"Why'd you get a burger?" I ask a female and get assaulted with "HEY LEAVE HER ALONE SHES ALLOWED TO HAVE A BURGER. BURGERS AREN'T ONLY GUYS FOOD. SHE DOESN'T NEED TO EAT SALADS JUST BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL YOU MYSOGNITIC ****!

Yes, this is an over extreme example, but it's basically what happened here. So what if I don't like the burger. Maybe I want to hear that persons opinion because it's clearly different from my own.

Last edited:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
-_- here's the long and the short of it people. Someone makes a video about E3 and the Invitational that's awesome and gives an indepth look at the process, and hits on some great stuff that nobody's ever seen before.

If the only comment you can think to make it 'oh I dunno I liked her appearance better before' how frustrating do you think that would be? All of the hours spent on a project, for free, hoping that you can make some people happy, just to get 'lol what'd you do to your hair?'

Whether you "mean it" or not, what you just said was 'I don't care what you did, I don't think you're as pretty as before. that's what's important.'

And that's why comments like that are useless and people more aware than you are going to tell you not to make them. That's the end of this conversation, for both sides. Past that I'll be handing out flaming warnings.

Have a good day.

UriNATE

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-5619-0492
^This^

I'm sorry, if I walk up to my female friend and ask her why she decided to colour her hair any color, that would simply be one person asking another what caused them to make the decision they did.
Curiosity for an explanation for someone's actions isn't against the law.
Do you even analogy, bro?

Here is a better analogy for you since you cannot seem to understand:
Person 1: *Shows you a documentary that they made about a subject you're both interested in*
Person 2: WHY DID YOU COLOUR YOUR HAIR BLOND? WHHYYYYYY?!?!?
Person 1: Really? That's all you took from this? You could have commented about almost ANYTHING ELSE in the video, but you comment about my hair and how you do not approve of it. Hmm..

If that isn't straight up objectification by your standards, you might want to focus more on school, (preferably in APS class) instead of wasting your time playing smash.

D

Deleted member

-_- here's the long and the short of it people. Someone makes a video about E3 and the Invitational that's awesome and gives an indepth look at the process, and hits on some great stuff that nobody's ever seen before.

If the only comment you can think to make it 'oh I dunno I liked her appearance better before' how frustrating do you think that would be? All of the hours spent on a project, for free, hoping that you can make some people happy, just to get 'lol what'd you do to your hair?'

Whether you "mean it" or not, what you just said was 'I don't care what you did, I don't think you're as pretty as before. that's what's important.'

And that's why comments like that are useless and people more aware than you are going to tell you not to make them. That's the end of this conversation, for both sides. Past that I'll be handing out flaming warnings.

Have a good day.
The shell has spoken!

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice

Did you just say "Milktea" and "stirred" in the same post?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
After watching the vlog, I'm determined to travel to the US within a years time, I feel like I'm always missing out on fantastic smash experiences (also other travel experiences). If only Australia wasn't so far away from the US :(

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
I cryed so much watching this video... I'm doing a raise funds campaign with my friends to attend tournaments because i'm out of money and there's a huge pot on the side of my bed written E32015 but i'm not sure i'll be able to get all the money needed.

Fantastic vlog. Thanks for this. It's like one of my most favorite vlogs of all time. Great experience to be able to feel so close with people i admire so much. Thanks Milktea.

King~

Smash Champion
Lol, the pseudo-double-standard, rich. The day I see a smash player (or anyone for that matter) gossip about a male's appearance to the same extent as they would a woman's appearance is the day I win an EVO championship with my left thumb severed.
maybe youve missed the past three weeks where people have constantly CONSTANTLY been ****ting on Zero for his appearance. and its been much worse than some random guy saying "oh hey i though you looked better with darker hair '

so yea double standards, where were you then?

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
maybe youve missed the past three weeks where people have constantly CONSTANTLY been ****ting on Zero for his appearance. and its been much worse than some random guy saying "oh hey i though you looked better with darker hair '

so yea double standards, where were you then?
I told him right in his own thread I thought that shirt he had on was horrible let alone tucked in. Was it blue stretch nylon?

This vlog has nothing to do with womens rights in smash so I approve.

Edit: I'll even go far as to say I thought this was better than the invitational footage itself.

Last edited:

Gonoji

Smash Cadet
That was nice! Reminded me of the documentary at times. Also, that blue G&W cosplayer at 4:01 is awesome.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Well now I can't tell if you're trying to help anyone or trying to self proclaim your apparent greatness.
I mean let's not deny that I am pretty great but this is fairly simple, an outsider looking in doesn't know whether or not she cares about whats-his-face's comments. What they do know is that if nobody is allowed to call him out because he's hypersensitive about opinions that he has no problem broadcasting uninvitedly (no, seriously, you guys make no ****ing sense) it's giving an impression of our community that protects uninvited comments on someone's looks more than it protects someone who's actually contributing something to this site

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Thank you sexism apologists for demonstrating why No Child Left Behind is failing america

Top Bottom