• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2017- Show's Over Folks- BINGO cards scoring in progress.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Somehow I completely and 100% forgot, for like the last... month, maybe longer, about From Software's presence on that old Switch slide. Which is crazy because so many people I know talk about their games. I would've definitely stuck "From Software title" on my bingo sheet had I remembered, but it's far too late now. I'm surprised so few, if any, bingo sheets have a 'From square' on them. Not counting all the 'from Square' ones.

You lot not expecting it or do you just not care?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Somehow I completely and 100% forgot, for like the last... month, maybe longer, about From Software's presence on that old Switch slide. Which is crazy because so many people I know talk about their games. I would've definitely stuck "From Software title" on my bingo sheet had I remembered, but it's far too late now. I'm surprised so few, if any, bingo sheets have a 'From square' on them. Not counting all the 'from Square' ones.

You lot not expecting it or do you just not care?
Honestly I'm in the same boat as you and forgot they were on the list of third parties, despite one of my best friends being a big From fan.

Oops. :x

D

Deleted member

5 days remain before E3's start.

What about posting some "building-up" VGMs to wait?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

5 days to go...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Of all the possible Switch game announcements, barring Zelda and the franchises that are already confirmed for future releases on the console, I think we'll see at least three, one for each of these tiers:

Tier 1: Extremely hypeworthy game: Either Smash Bros., Metroid or a Splatoon-scaled new IP.

Tier 2: Iconic, popular, recurring Nintendo franchise: Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Wario, Kirby, Star Fox, Pikmin (I don't trust Eurogamer)

Tier 3: Extremely niche franchise making a comeback: Punch-Out?

I don't see those happening btw (not bothering with naming this tier because you'll immediately recognize the pattern:) Mother, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Excitebike

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now for the Obligatory...

And as a bonus

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nothing too unbelievable, and pretty in line with my expectations with a surprise or two thrown in.

The Mario Odyssey stuff sounds neat, and if the Propeller Cap comes back I'll be hyped. Tharja and Camilla are locks for FE Warriors anyway IMO since it's Tecmo Koei and T&A is kind of their thing, and Marth footage is inevitable after his Famitsu reveal.

The two real shocks here is that TMS is getting a port and that a new Sin and Punishment is supposedly there. The latter, especially, is a neat surprise.

Nothing screams "fake," at least, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And there's nothing about what may be Spotlight only in that supposed leak so, like Opossum said, we'll wait and see.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is getting a port. This surprised me since it's supposed to have sold like ass in Japan. Maybe they're trying to escape the wii u's low userbase. No more wii u ports iirc

Pilotwings + Waverace is a new game... set on wuhu island from what I can see and resembles the 3ds pilotwings and wii sports resort jetskiing. Nothing too big, nothing anyone asked for, but it looks pretty fun for casual play

Sin and Punishment Angel's Ascent is a new game in the Sin and Punishment series (last one was on the wii I think). Very flashy, looks as if it was developed by Platinum

Also not expecting anything that might get revealed on Tues but would show up again at next year's E3 to get booth space, so obv there's still going to be more in the spotlight. Assuming this is true.

D

Deleted member

NOTE= I will not talk about every single detail mentioned in this

NO Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4,Smash Bros, F-Zero,Pokemon Stars.
Not that surprised, especially with F-Zero since that franchise is only a distant memory now. I've seen some people mention the possibily of Metroid appearing this year but im playing the skeptical part.

Mario Odyssey is the main highlight as expected. There's statues of Mario holding his sentient cap, the Hat flying machine, Bowser in his pimp costume. Nothing we haven't seen before. The booth is decorated to look like New Donk City and there are like 20+ monitors set up there for the public to play.
-Good to see Mario Odyssey getting the attention it deserves.

Mushroom Kingdom appears to be a playable level. Probably the intro level. Other new levels shown are a Haunted Mansion of sorts as well as a sky level with towers.
Hopefully they do something interesing with those levels.

Old powerups -- fire flower, starman, propeller hat, cloud hat return, though the powerups themselves are not seen. I suspect they are tied to the Crazy Cap store and the sentient hat this time instead of pickups.
It kinda reminds me of the Power Up system in Wario Land 1 and VB Wario Land. (R.I.P Wario Land, i miss you)

Fire Emblem Warriors gets a booth. The mage (Tharja?) from Awakening is playable, as are Marth and Camilla (these are the ones recognised. There are more but I don't think I've ever seen them before)
This is Tecmo Koei we are talking about, of course they would include two of the characters who are walking fanservice (not that im against it,) but to be honest i lost interest in FE Warriors as soon as i heard that it would not include Elibe or Tellius characters. (and im NOT going to wait for Elibe/Tellius-themed DLC)

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is getting a port
......Really? out of all the ****ing Wii U games you could port to the Switch you decide to port this?!. I would not be suprised if it bombs again. But let's move on, i didn't gave any attention to that game when it came out and i will not give it another chance no matter what.

Pilotwings + Waverace is a new game... set on Wuhu Island.
I......don't know how to feel about this. I like the idea of a new Wave Race/Pilotwings, but i feel it would have been better ways of reviving the 2 witouth recurring to the idea of Wuhu Island and Miis.

Sin and Punishment Angel's Ascent is a new game in the Sin and Punishment series
....What?
Well it's good to see a Nintendo franchise come back, even if this one wasn't my number 1 choice.

Hopefully they will care about giving this game some actual advertising and marketing, because im sure Star Successor got none of that.

Overall, it doesn't sound too exciting (just like 2015's E3, thought not as bad) and my gut feeling tells me that this is real. But i don't want to sound like im only complaining since im really interesed to Sin and Punishment 3 if it is real and i want more Mario Odyssey info, so it's not like everything is uninteresing.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Finally finished my Bingo Card:
That's something I won't do oftenly though.
A little update to it following the Pokémon Stars deconfirmation:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wish I could edit my BINGO sheet but the Mario + Rabbids leak ruined those chances (and I don't want to cheat)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The leaker only mentioned booths, right? It's entirely possible that new Switch games can have trailers in the Spotlight but not get any booth on the showfloor (looking at you, Fire Emblem for Switch)

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, apparently a few things were potentially leaked, right? Okay, I'll not open the spoiler boxes, I instead want to discover everything during the livestream, which apparently comes at an hour that's convenient for me. As such, here's my bingo sheet, which doesn't take into account any "leak":

The order of things is random, I didn't put anything strategically at a particular place according to how likely these seem to me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The leaker only mentioned booths, right? It's entirely possible that new Switch games can have trailers in the Spotlight but not get any booth on the showfloor (looking at you, Fire Emblem for Switch)
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Or heck, even teasers of work in development.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who wants Sakurai's next project to be Not Smash? Kid Icarus Uprising alone showed how much potential he and his team have. The last thing I'd want to see it all get wasted forever.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Am I the only one who wants Sakurai's next project to be Not Smash? Kid Icarus Uprising alone showed how much potential he and his team have. The last thing I'd want to see it all get wasted forever.
I'm on the same boat. He put blood, sweat, and tears in the Smash games which probably gets boring and/or not fun. I think he said he's working on something (what exactly I'm not sure).

Plus sooner or later I feel Nintendo will need sometime fend for themselves on Smash without Sakruai (after all, if Sakurai said no to Brawl, they planned to port Melee with online).

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Alright, I was kinda mad at first - like, REAL mad - but I got over it real quick and warmed up to that leak. People are gonna get pissed off at it if it's real, for obvious reasons, but hey: Switch's got the games. Plenty of great, promising games that were announced back in January. It's just that we tend to forget about them because the developers have been so quiet about them (i.e. Xeno 2, FE Warriors, Mario Odyssey etc) and we naturally wonder what the hell Nintendo is up to. At first I thought 'if that's all their E3 presentation is gonna about, they'd better abstain. A wiser decision would have been to splice their Switch presentation and FE Direct together and have a hell of a good line-up to show off for their console at once'. But I have faith now, regardless. The Switch is a console with huge potential and Platinum Games have proved they can do wonders with NieR Automata and Bayonetta 2. They will absolutely NAIL Sin and Punishment.

..At least I hope so.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Whether the leak is true or not signs to do point to an underwhelming show for Nintendo. Not that it'll be bad necessarily, but I think lots of people are going to be left disappointed. In part because everyone always finds reasons to gets their hopes to an unreasonable level, and partially just because I'm not convinced Nintendo's show is going to touch much on a bunch of new stuff.

Also fwiw it probably would still be Treasure that makes the game, though I can see why someone might say it looked like a Platinum game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Treasure still a thing anymore?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember to put all stuff directly related to leaks in spoilers.

Also

D

Deleted member

And since I've just seen Ubisoft's conference will be aired before Nintendo's spotlight, do you believe the Mario + Rabbids game will be revealed at that time rather than during the spotlight?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And since I've just seen Ubisoft's conference will be aired before Nintendo's spotlight, do you believe the Mario + Rabbids game will be revealed at that time rather than during the spotlight?
I certainly hope so. The less time that mess takes up of the Nintendo one the better.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
My apologies for not putting a spoiler tag on it, I must've been too overtaken by my thoughts as I wrote the post and didn't think of it.

As I said before, I can hardly imagine Mario + Rabbids getting a Treehouse segment without being presented at the Spotlight, but maybe Ubisoft can just say "learn more about the game during Nintendo's Treehouse Live @ E3 later today" and that's it.

Top Bottom