• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2017- Show's Over Folks- BINGO cards scoring in progress.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Also didn't Miyamoto declare Retro's staff is now big enough to work on more than one project at the same time?
I still think it is possible Retro might have been working on more than one game.

Also you seem to really underestimate the requests for a new F-Zero and Metroid.
Why are you bringing up the subject of requests when I didn't? The requests are all over the place, it would have been hard not to notice them.

My money's on a new IP.

D

Deleted member

Why are you bringing up the subject of requests when I didn't? The requests are all over the place, it would have been hard not to notice them.
What I meant is that the global reactions to potential annoucements of a new Metroid and F-Zero games could match to the ones FF VII Remake and Shenmue III generated.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What I meant is that the global reactions to potential annoucements of a new Metroid and F-Zero games could match to the ones FF VII Remake and Shenmue III generated.
No they wouldn't.
Final Fantasy VII is on a completely different level to Metroid and especially F-Zero.
Shenmue's been absent for far longer than both franchises too.

If anything, you're massively overestimating the requests for both Metroid and F-Zero. They'll be hypeworthy (if they don't pull a Federation Force) yes but not on the level of the triple whammy of TLG, FF VII R and Shenmue 3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's the period for Youtubers to talk E3. We here on the forums were doing it well before it was cool.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm on a wait and see kinda basis with the Mario + Rabbids game. On one hand, it's Mario, Mario is almost always good. On the other, well Rabbids, Rabbids doesn't have the best franchise track record to say the least.

I am intrigued by the notion but in the back of my mind there's just something that keeps saying "This could have been Rayman, or Mega Man, or Pac-man, or Bomberman, or Final Fantasy, but no. It's ****ing Rabbids." But I'll end up buying it if it's the only game out in August for the Switch because I'm a sucker for that damned console.
See, here's the thing though. This wouldn't have happened with another company. This game is either the result of Ubisoft saying "we have an idea for a crossover" and Nintendo going with it, or Nintendo courting Ubisoft to continue supporting their platforms as they had in the past by granting them use of the most lucrative character in gaming (Ubisoft is publishing - so they stand to gain a lot here). Those other characters you mentioned come from companies that are (at least as of late) generally relatively loyal to Nintendo.

I don't see this situation as Nintendo going, "time to make another Mario RPG - which company should we collaborate with? Ubisoft has Rabbids! It's perfect!". So, I guess it could've been Rayman (which I wouldn't disagree would've been preferable) but that seems like the only plausible alternative.

In news of Ubisoft making mistakes, Beyond Good and Evil 2 won't be at E3. Mark it on your cards.
Yeh seems unlikely now but I'm not going to touch my card until E3 is over and we've seen where all the chips have fallen.

You know what would blast off this E3?

The fact Retro's project might be more than one game.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on multiple projects. I would be surprised, however, if both projects were shown.

Now now... Developement on the NX hasn't started till two years ago, maybe even less. Do you think a team so small as Retro's could have pulled off the development of three "large-scale" games for the new console, when they've barely had any experience with HD/advanced engines other than Tropical Freeze, in so little time?

EDIT: There's no such thing as "blowing away Sony's E3 2015". The respective announcements of the long-awaited Shenmue sequel and the equally much-requested FFVII remake are the stuff of legend, ones that will remain carved in stone forever man.
I doubt development on the Switch started two years ago. That's not how Nintendo does things. They begin the development process for their next console pretty much right after the current one launches. Case in point, the handheld and console divisions of Nintendo were merged in 2013, a year after the Wii U released. And the plan for them to merge probably dated back to 2012 itself in all likelihood.

And it's possible to trump Sony's E3 2015. I don't think that will happen this year. Or maybe ever. But Nintendo has more aces in their sleeves than Sony. They just rarely play them. A new Smash w/ characters like Ridley or crazy third parties? A Pokemon made ground up for consoles? A new Metroid that caters to its fans? A new F-Zero? Megaton third-party announcements? Like, it's possible to beat that conference. It just... probably will never happen.

I mean even Nintendo's E3 2006 might be a contender. Galaxy reveal, Brawl reveal, two Zeldas, a new Metroid, a new Star Fox, a new Fire Emblem, a new Kirby, new IPs... it was quite the show.

No they wouldn't.
Final Fantasy VII is on a completely different level to Metroid and especially F-Zero.
Shenmue's been absent for far longer than both franchises too.

If anything, you're massively overestimating the requests for both Metroid and F-Zero. They'll be hypeworthy (if they don't pull a Federation Force) yes but not on the level of the triple whammy of TLG, FF VII R and Shenmue 3.

FF7 is top dog here but Shenmue is not above Metroid. Cult classic it may be, but Metroid is far more ubiquitous in gaming, and its fans, unlike Shenmue's, have worked themselves into a frenzy ready to burst. Scary stuff~

Last edited:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Also didn't Miyamoto declare Retro's staff is now big enough to work on more than one project at the same time?
I still think it is possible Retro might have been working on more than one game.

Also you seem to really underestimate the requests for a new F-Zero and Metroid.
I always see people trowing this Miyamoto quote around but I don't remember seeing a link for yhe article/interview. Do you know where it is? Because I'm not really sure if Retro is big enough to work on 2, let alone 3, triple A titles at the same time, ESPECIALLY if the number of employees shown on wikipedia (70) is correct.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mainly I just really want to see more of what they plan for Shin Megami Tensei. It may be far off but I'd still be a bit disappointed if nothing is mentioned about it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mainly I just really want to see more of what they plan for Shin Megami Tensei. It may be far off but I'd still be a bit disappointed if nothing is mentioned about it.
Let's hope that they had a better idea in mind of what they wanted to do when making the teaser and didn't, say, tease a massive crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem, only to make a Highschool anime kids saving the world with pop idols thing with only Awakening characters.

It was like...

"Hey, burgers and pizza are great, but you know what'd be better?"
(Imagines a burger with Pizzas for buns)
"A pizza made of ketchup and plastic cheese!"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm so pumped for this year's E3 that I might make my first ever bingo card.

I can't wait to see what Nintendo have up their sleeves! There has to be at least one show stopper level announcement!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Let's hope that they had a better idea in mind of what they wanted to do when making the teaser and didn't, say, tease a massive crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem, only to make a Highschool anime kids saving the world with pop idols thing with only Awakening characters.

It was like...

"Hey, burgers and pizza are great, but you know what'd be better?"
(Imagines a burger with Pizzas for buns)
"A pizza made of ketchup and plastic cheese!"
Ha, yeah I was a bit disappointed because the combination of the two is so good and the Devil Survivor games play a lot like a fusion of the two series and they are among my favorite 3DS games. To give TMS some credit though, it wasn't garbage like so many people claimed it was destined to be. I put many hours into it. The story is a joke but I enjoyed my time with it.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking Super Mario Odyssey news, More info about Arms and Splatoon 2. And of course a Smash port.

D

Deleted member

Finally finished my Bingo Card:
That's something I won't do oftenly though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I made a
bingo card that definitely won't hurt your eyes.
BINGO.png

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Two weeks to go. Hard to belive I've been counting this thing down since new year.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo confirmed that their classic games service won't be a virtual console replacement.

I wonder...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My hope is the service becomes popular enough they start adding enough content to it that it can function as a pseudo-VC. Then maybe down the line, next gen, they can make their full transition. I was silly to forget Nintendo works in baby steps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're just about out of the double digits on the countdown.

Even less so if you're gonna watch the other conferences. Sadly Sony's one is at a horrible time for us in the UK so I'll be skipping that one.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Man, we're nearly in the final stretch aren't we? And by that I mean a week. Really can't wait. As lame as it sounds and as much as most people despise them, I really want to see what Konami is going to pull out at E3. Their PR mentioned a 'big' surprise for Metal Gear Fans coming in 2017 for the 30th anniversary. One can hope it's something worth looking out for.

Also, R.I.P the boards if a Smash game is announced.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Their PR mentioned a 'big' surprise for Metal Gear Fans coming in 2017 for the 30th anniversary.
As unlikely as it seems, I'd like it to be Snake coming back in Smash. However, a Metal Gear collection for PS4 is something I would openly welcome.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Konami had some horrifying wake up call when they found out that burning all your console game production to focus on Japan only mobile and Pachinko nonsense is financially ruinous.

Because the most logical explanation beforehand was that their executives hated games, this desperate clawback would suggest otherwise.

Maybe they had an investor's meeting...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
POKEMON DIRECT IN 23 HOURS!

Repeat, SURPRISE POKEMON DIRECT IN 23 HOURS!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
POKEMON DIRECT IN 23 HOURS!

Repeat, SURPRISE POKEMON DIRECT IN 23 HOURS!
I may need to edit my bingo card now. Here it is currently, for posterity purposes.
image.jpeg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My thoughts are that it's Pokken Tournament Switch edition, with the extra four characters.

The Joy-con is basically th same as the USB wired Pokken controller except with a analogue rather than a d-pad.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, we're nearly in the final stretch aren't we? And by that I mean a week. Really can't wait. As lame as it sounds and as much as most people despise them, I really want to see what Konami is going to pull out at E3. Their PR mentioned a 'big' surprise for Metal Gear Fans coming in 2017 for the 30th anniversary. One can hope it's something worth looking out for.

Also, R.I.P the boards if a Smash game is announced.
After all the bull**** Konami has done these past two years or so, I highly doubt they'll show us anything that'll get everyone's attention. Of course, I would love for them to prove me wrong though and gives us something like a Metal Gear collection of sorts for the PS4. Otherwise, Konami ain't worth my time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Safe bet that a lot of E3 BINGO sheets will have Pokémon related squares unchecked, despite the fact Pokémon reveals NEVER happen at E3.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Safe bet that a lot of E3 BINGO sheets will have Pokémon related squares unchecked, despite the fact Pokémon reveals NEVER happen at E3.
Unless you count last year which had the demo and some individual Pokemon reveals. Rather cheeky that they pulled away from the screen when Yungoose's dex entry came up to disuse the number o evos it had.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's why I put it on there. Bingo is boring as hell without long shots.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Unless you count last year which had the demo and some individual Pokemon reveals. Rather cheeky that they pulled away from the screen when Yungoose's dex entry came up to disuse the number o evos it had.
I meant a brand new title, not details on a game already known.

Sure, there's Pokédex 3D, but that wasn't a real game but a Black 1/White 1 app that didn't have Gens 1-4 or even all Gen 5 Pokémon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I meant a brand new title, not details on a game already known.

Sure, there's Pokédex 3D, but that wasn't a real game but a Black 1/White 1 app that didn't have Gens 1-4 or even all Gen 5 Pokémon.
It actually had every Pokémon revealed up until that point.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm actually surprised we haven't seen much more E3 leaks (real or fake) despite how close we are.

Oh well, that should be fixed with ease in the coming week.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Glad my square simply said "Pokemon Stars" with no indication of an announcement or reveal.

Then again since my first prediction list made like two months ago I maintained that it had a good shot of showing up prior to E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
4 hours until the Pokemon Direct.

It's coming out Just a couple of hours over a week before the main Nintendo event.

Given it's on the Nintendo Direct site, I doubt it's a mobile game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Glad my square simply said "Pokemon Stars" with no indication of an announcement or reveal.

Then again since my first prediction list made like two months ago I maintained that it had a good shot of showing up prior to E3.
Hmm

Not throwing the baby out with the bathwater but it's likely that box goes unchecked...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon had starry backgrounds so I'd say they're Pokemon Stars as much as Black 2 and White 2 were Pokemon Grey.

At least more than Sun and Moon were Pokemon Z anyway.

Let's be generous and say this event counts as E3 so if you had Pokken or a generic pokemon game square, fill it in.

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Given how close we are to E3, I'm surprised there haven't been any "leaks" going around yet, like additional Odyssey info.

Or is that one or two days prior?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given how close we are to E3, I'm surprised there haven't been any "leaks" going around yet, like additional Odyssey info.

Or is that one or two days prior?
There's one rumor that US&UM will come to Switch but they're waiting to announce that.

Not sure I belive though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's one rumor that US&UM will come to Switch but they're waiting to announce that.

Not sure I belive though.
The Pokémon Company stated the Switch mention was an error.

Top Bottom