• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2017- Show's Over Folks- BINGO cards scoring in progress.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I would put Star Fox Zero on there if only because I want to see that game actually be good.
It would be unplayable on Switch.

The game has features, control and design based on the Wii U's unique features.

If we got Star Fox Zero, it'd be absolutely gutted.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Ramen girl confirmed for ARMS and Horde Mode & amiibo for Splatoon 2.

Wonder if those games will reappear at E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if the cancellation of the NES/Famicom mini has anything to do with the Switch's upcoming VC?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wonder if the cancellation of the NES/Famicom mini has anything to do with the Switch's upcoming VC?
I mean of course it does. Nintendo, incorrectly, thinks that the NES Classic Mini will compete with the Switch itself. Virtual Console on Switch will more than likely be a big push for the console. You know the whole N64 games! Anytime! Anywhere! Same with Wii and GCN if those do become a thing. So since the Switch marketing will push that, big time, for the nostalgia of the old fans, the same ones that would go out and hunt down an NES Classic Mini, I guess they're kinda scared VC won't kick off like they want. They're trying to maximize profits for the Switch. But in doing so it's killing off more than a few extra bucks they would get from the NES Classic Mini.

It's a dumb move but I don't think the NES Classic is done forever. I think they want to ensure they maximize profits for this year considering it is the Switch's first year on market. It'll probably come back around in 2018 or 2019 but by then the demand for the product would have gone down considerably. Yeah, I think the VC has something to do with it. It might be that they're really going to try and push the Classic games in the Holiday Advertisements after realizing the demand of such games. And yeah VC will almost definitely show up at E3.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet that (first/second-party) 3DS games will be announced at E3 as well. Make it Pokémon Stars as a system-exclusive title and I'll come back bragging and laughing. : )

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll show the SNES mini off at E3 if the rumors are true. Probably would wait closer to the holidays though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we got some E3 news and it's that Nintendo isn't doing a big conference show again this year. Guess it's gonna be another long Nintendo Direct and machines on the floor with tarps over them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well we got some E3 news and it's that Nintendo isn't doing a big conference show again this year. Guess it's gonna be another long Nintendo Direct and machines on the floor with tarps over them.
I wonder if we'll have another Mario Maker situation where people leak images of the show floor before the Direct.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Additionnally, hasn't this hacker participated in dumping the whole Pokémon Sun/Moon games out of the eShop demo for many players to play illegally? I trust he is reliable. Might want to have other capable people check into it, just to make sure we aren't being conned.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Additionnally, hasn't this hacker participated in dumping the whole Pokémon Sun/Moon games out of the eShop demo for many players to play illegally? I trust he is reliable. Might want to have other capable people check into it, just to make sure we aren't being conned.
Always a good plan because there's been a trend of previously reliable people just making up stuff to retain e-fame.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking, what series already in Smash haven't had a game since Smash 3DS's launch

Mario has Odessy lined up and has had Kart 8 Deluxe and that sports game
Zelda had Breath of the Wild
Pokemon had Sun & Moon
Donkey Kong hasn't had anything big
Metroid got Federation Force...
Star Fox got it's first big release in years...
Kirby got Planet Robobot

F-Zero & Earthbound got squat and have been that way for a while.

Fire Emblem got Fates and has Echos, Warriors and Switch lined up
Dr Mario got Miracle Cure

Kid Icarus hasn't gotten anything besides contempt over how much of it is in Smash
Wario has had nothing... Ware or Land
Pikmin is gettin HEY, Pikmin!

Animal Crossing got an update to New Leaf
Punch Out hasn't gotten anything but ARMS looks like it has it's spirit
Wii Fit has had nothing, nor do I expect it to return.
Xenoblade had Chronicles X and is getting 2.

Long story short, only two series that are overdue but not dead are Wario and Donkey Kong.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm thinking, what series already in Smash haven't had a game since Smash 3DS's launch

Mario has Odessy lined up and has had Kart 8 Deluxe and that sports game
Zelda had Breath of the Wild
Pokemon had Sun & Moon
Donkey Kong hasn't had anything big
Metroid got Federation Force...
Star Fox got it's first big release in years...
Kirby got Planet Robobot

F-Zero & Earthbound got squat and have been that way for a while.

Fire Emblem got Fates and has Echos, Warriors and Switch lined up
Dr Mario got Miracle Cure

Kid Icarus hasn't gotten anything besides contempt over how much of it is in Smash
Wario has had nothing... Ware or Land
Pikmin is gettin HEY, Pikmin!

Animal Crossing got an update to New Leaf
Punch Out hasn't gotten anything but ARMS looks like it has it's spirit
Wii Fit has had nothing, nor do I expect it to return.
Xenoblade had Chronicles X and is getting 2.

Long story short, only two series that are overdue but not dead are Wario and Donkey Kong.
Is Wii Fit dead?

I could imagine the Fit series living on under a new name.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is Wii Fit dead?

I could imagine the Fit series living on under a new name.
I don't see Nintendo releasing a Switch Balance board but I could be wrong.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I'll have to update the countdown with the new info

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The way they've worded that tweet makes it sound like we'll only hear about games coming out in 2017 which puts a dent in the hopes of seeing certain games being announced. With Arms and Splatoon 2 already covering the summer releases and Odyssey coming out in December only Autumn is open for any major releases, so I'd expect they'll announce at most 2 big games which can cover September and October/November, one of which will almost certainly be the Smash port. That only really leaves us with one Switch game to speculate, I suspect it'll be one of Pokémon/Pikmin/Animal Crossing/DKC, but it could also be something entirely new, or heck Fire Emblem Warriors might just take up that spot.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The way they've worded that tweet makes it sound like we'll only hear about games coming out in 2017 which puts a dent in the hopes of seeing certain games being announced. With Arms and Splatoon 2 already covering the summer releases and Odyssey coming out in December only Autumn is open for any major releases, so I'd expect they'll announce at most 2 big games which can cover September and October/November, one of which will almost certainly be the Smash port. That only really leaves us with one Switch game to speculate, I suspect it'll be one of Pokémon/Pikmin/Animal Crossing/DKC, but it could also be something entirely new.
I remember being here before with a previous E3 and they did drop some hints at future games but the focus was on the then year games. So if nothing else, we'll get the scoop on Odessey, Splatoon 2 & ARMS, find out what the Fall filler is and get a peak at 2018 Q1.

Enhanced Smash 4 for WiiU with DLC and HD 3DS stages would be a good hold-over.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The way they've worded that tweet makes it sound like we'll only hear about games coming out in 2017 which puts a dent in the hopes of seeing certain games being announced. With Arms and Splatoon 2 already covering the summer releases and Odyssey coming out in December only Autumn is open for any major releases, so I'd expect they'll announce at most 2 big games which can cover September and October/November, one of which will almost certainly be the Smash port. That only really leaves us with one Switch game to speculate, I suspect it'll be one of Pokémon/Pikmin/Animal Crossing/DKC, but it could also be something entirely new, or heck Fire Emblem Warriors might just take up that spot.
They say this kind of stuff all the time. I'm sure the bulk of the show will be going over 2017 titles, but I'm confident we'll catch wind of a few 2018 ones as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just as a reminder, the last Direct was advertised as being focused on Splatoon 2 and ARMS. Just because there's a focus on this year's games, it doesn't rule out 2018 games from appearing at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we're in the 30 day stretch at long last.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well we're in the 30 day stretch at long last.
I'm considering making my bingo card now. I don't think any jawdropping rumors that could be potentially real will come out between here and then. What about you guys, Bingo cards?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
ARMS is getting a Direct tomorrow along with a Splatoon 2 trailer. Looks like there may be some room for brand new stuff at E3 after all.

D

Deleted member

E3 hype Looking forward to seeing more of Super Mario Odyssey, the story of that hat, and Mario's new adventure. Also Arms, and Splatoon 2, some 3DS stuff, and maybe a Smash port.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I maybe jumping the gun but I can say what will happen for sure if not at E3 2018, then at the one after that.

* Microsoft releases a dedicated Gaming Tablet with the XBox branding.
* Sony unveils their successor to the Vita with a larger screen and detachable controls that has been in development for years and not rushed out the door to compete why won't you belive me.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My hopes and predictions for Nintendo's showing at E3 2017:
  1. Highly expect specific Switch ports from Wii-U titles such as Pokken Tournament, Super Smash Bros etc with some new additional content.
  2. Possible Switch ports of some third party titles (Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite is one of the titles I hope gets a Switch version.)
  3. Further Super Mario Odyssey news and updates.
  4. Further news on Fire Emblem Warriors for the Switch and N3DS as well as info of their newest installment for the Switch.
  5. The new Xenoblade Chronicles game for the Switch.
  6. New games from Nintendo.
  7. Still hoping for a new F-Zero game.

D

Deleted member

How many unannounced games can we expect being shown for this E3?

Looking back to the E3s from the 8 past years, we can on average expect 3 "big" games and 1 "little" game for the 3DS.
And I believe the famous Mario x Rabbids game will be one of them, along with Retro's project...

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Have you guys seen the leaks of the Mario/Rabbids game artwork? Because, honestly, it's the most offensive thing I've ever seein in my life.

Jokes about hashtags and selfies and the word "badass" have no place in Mario games. I play Mario games to avoid the trappings of modern AAA games and Ubisoft is roping them right back in. I hate this more than words can describe.

Keep dreaming.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Have you guys seen the leaks of the Mario/Rabbids game artwork? Because, honestly, it's the most offensive thing I've ever seein in my life.

Jokes about hashtags and selfies and the word "badass" have no place in Mario games. I play Mario games to avoid the trappings of modern AAA games and Ubisoft is roping them right back in. I hate this more than words can describe.

Keep dreaming.
It's clearly tongue in cheek though. Nothing to get upset about. Not to mention this was very likely meant for internal use and never meant to see the light of day in public.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
It's clearly tongue in cheek though. Nothing to get upset about. Not to mention this was very likely meant for internal use and never meant to see the light of day in public.
Whether or not something is tongue in cheek doesn't make it any less appalling. A "self-aware" internet meme joke is still an internet meme joke.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Whether or not something is tongue in cheek doesn't make it any less appalling. A "self-aware" internet meme joke is still an internet meme joke.
It's still not a sign that anything other than the art will be in the final game. Like I said, the slides these came from are very clearly used to pitch the concept and aren't for external use. Like, they'd never call Peach a badass in-game.

I hardly see how it's "appalling," but to each his own.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Keep dreaming.
Aren't you overreacting too much?

Oh, and yeah, I will.
That's what people from Dream Land do.

Top Bottom