• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2014 - Super Smash Bros. Invitational - Players/Rules Announced

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Just don't invite guys like pewdiepie please NOA (or at least convince me that they should be there and are helping the cause).
Or at least if you want to invite youtube celebrities, get Maximillian. The guy might not be anything close to a competitive Smash player. But he is truly hyped for the game and wants to learn it. And he will put a great word in the fighting game community for Smash. Seems like thanks to him a lot of people got interested in Killer Instinct 3.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just don't invite guys like pewdiepie please NOA (or at least convince me that they should be there and are helping the cause).
Or at least if you want to invite youtube celebrities, get Maximillian. The guy might not be anything close to a competitive Smash player. But he is truly hyped for the game and wants to learn it. And he will put a great word in the fighting game community for Smash. Seems like thanks to him a lot of people got interested in Killer Instinct 3.
Maximillian is the ONLY YouTube celebrity that I would want attending the event to be honest.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I think that I would be too intimidated to cosplay as Samus and end up going as Zelda instead.
It might be embarrassing to cosplay as Zero Suit Samus, but you could wear her varia suit instead (although that would be a very difficult costume to make).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I image anyone going as ZSS has to have a certain level of confidence in their apperance and probably have to be able to deal with the possibility of rude comments from people. If I were female, definitely something I wouldn't want to do.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
ZSS cosplay can very easily go wrong. But if someone manages to do it right, than kudos to her (god pls, guys shouldn't try this, but I know they will :facepalm:). I remember seeing one on Imgur recently when I was uploading a pic. It was pretty good, from what I remember.

Also, inb4 Nintendo invites high-level players from any fighting game. That wouldn't be too bad, compared to what we are fearing now.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
If it is a bad list, then they will still receive backlash during E3. I just hope they know what they're doing. I mean, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a list of good players. A simple search around the web should be enough, at the very least.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://pastebin.com/NFF4f2J6
This is the apparently leaked list:
  1. Categorized by Real name - Alias

2. Players:

3. Kevin Toy - PewPewU
  4. McCain LaVelle - MacD
  5. Christopher Szygiel - PC Chris
  6. Daniel Jung - KoreanDJ
  7. Lilian Wei - Milktea
  8. Gonzalo Barrios - ZeRo
  9. Neha Chhetri - Lilo
  10. Kevin Nanney - PPMD
  11. Kris Aldenderfer - Toph
  12. Hendrick Pilar - DJ Nintendo
  13. Dakota Lasky - Rapture
  14. Justin Hallett - Wizzrobe
  15. Samantha McNaughton - Peachyhime
  16. Hugo Gonzalez - HugS
  17. Ken Hoang - Ken
  18. Cristin DeSaro - Crismas

19. Commentators:

20. D'Ron Maingrette - D1
  21. Wynton Smith - Prog

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
That list is not too bad. Except for the obvious lack of M2K.

But yay for DJN, D1 and Prog!!

We'll see if it's fake or not.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Where did you get that list from? And who is Lauren?
Lauren is mango's girlfriend.

That is a pretty bad list, but its not that bad. If I wanted anyone it was ken and m2k, maybe armada and hbox but pp is fine as well. I can see how mango and m2k might not be wanted but if this WERE to be true then I'm laughing at triforce and his supposed relations with Reggie and Nintendo. On the other hand, isn't it sort of sexist to include females literally just for being female? I can dig it if Nintendo wants to show a broad variety of players so long as everyone knows there are probably 100 picks between nairo or mango and peachyhime. Then there's rapture, rofl a media pass would be good enough for him wouldn't it? I know he's a journalist focusing on smash but has he won a national in brawl? You can do an in depth report and even play the game there without being in a very exclusive, unprecedented invitational.

I think its fake on the grounds I don't even know how Nintendo would learn of these people's existence unless they asked D1 to fill in certain quotas.

Last edited:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
I think that a good majority of the people on that list are deserving of going, but others not so much. I'd never even heard of Rapture before this list.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I guess they wouldn't put M2K in because he can get........extreme.
He also could have refused the invite. These people might actually have responsibilities they can't get out of to go to the invitational. Nintendo could get a sort of lame list just because some players are unavailable.

Granted, this leak is most likely a fake.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah, I know. Even so we don't know his life, there could be something preventing him from going. I don't find it likely, no. But it is possible.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Btw, that list was debunked by someone in AZ asking Lilo about her attendance. She said it was fake.

Unless conspiracy.

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
This list makes a lot of sense to me, fake or not. Mango, m2k and armada's exclusion probably has to do with Empire Arcadia and Triforce being too much of a bother to nintendo about making smash 4 the kind of game they want. To nitpick, I think shroomed would be a great pick to represent mario who they would want representation of at the tourney. Here's to hoping it doesn't end up being in house testers or youtube stars.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's gotta be TKBreezy, D1, or ThePhenominalEE on the mic. These men are quick on the mic and keep it very entertaining.

Great commentary builds hype like nothing else. Like, I can be watching a hype as blip match, but if no one's gettin' excited about it, it's harder for me to get excited.

Last edited:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Btw, that list was debunked by someone in AZ asking Lilo about her attendance. She said it was fake.

Unless conspiracy.
If someone had saw the list it doesn't mean those people were invited yet. An easier way of debunking it it realizing how poor of a source mango's girlfriend's twitter is.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It's gotta be TKBreezy, D1, or ThePhenominalEE on the mic. These men are quick on the mic and keep it very entertaining.

Great commentary builds hype like nothing else. Like, I can be watching a hype as blip match, but if no one's gettin' excited about it, it's harder for me to get excited.
As much as I really enjoy the 3 of them, I'd say that TKBreezy doesn't have much chance, since most of his involvement has been with Project M as of late. Same goes for EE to a certain extent.

As for D1, they can't possibly not invite him. He's been the voice of the community as a whole for a very long time and his professionalism is beyond questioning. They could also invite Prog, another very high-profile commentator. However, as he focuses more on Melee than anything else, I feel as though his chances are not as good as D1's.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As much as I really enjoy the 3 of them, I'd say that TKBreezy doesn't have much chance, since most of his involvement has been with Project M as of late. Same goes for EE to a certain extent.

As for D1, they can't possibly not invite him. He's been the voice of the community as a whole for a very long time and his professionalism is beyond questioning. They could also invite Prog, another very high-profile commentator. However, as he focuses more on Melee than anything else, I feel as though his chances are not as good as D1's.
Good points, and yeah, Prog is great too. I guess we'll just have to see.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
KoreanDJ!!!

How is this a bad list?

Were you guys really expecting Ken/Armada/Mang0?

I understand M2K but i knew the top 3 wouldnt be invited.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I could be wrong, since I don't follow people's rankings, but I'm pretty sure Ken isn't #3 in the world right now. I don't even see him playing much.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
KoreanDJ!!!

How is this a bad list?

Were you guys really expecting Ken/Armada/Mang0?

I understand M2K but i knew the top 3 wouldnt be invited.
I'm confused. Ken is on this list. Unless there's another one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I could be wrong, since I don't follow people's rankings, but I'm pretty sure Ken isn't #3 in the world right now. I don't even see him playing much.
The Top 5 are generally considered to be M2K, Mango, HungryBox, Armada and Dr. PeePee. Not really sure where Ken would fit.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The Top 5 are generally considered to be M2K, Mango, HungryBox, Armada and Dr. PeePee. Not really sure where Ken would fit.
Ken's the old school number 1, I think his recent placings would put him up there with them. He just doesn't play as much any more.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Ken is the 100th best player
Still pretty good.

I know I was amazed to see him on Survivor (I don't watch the show, but I did watch it for him at times). And obviously, the dude pretty much pioneered the use of Marth in America, and had his own signature death combo. He didn't even wavedash for the longest time. I could be wrong, but I think he popularized dash dancing, too. I feel like Ken would be a very worthy invite from our community.

Last edited:
Top Bottom