• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

kylexv

Smash Master
I didn't see Sony's presentation but judging by all the articles on IGN, they literally showed nothing.

Under 5 hours now. The hype is unreal.

Among the things I'm hoping to see:
Plenty of Smash newcomers
Mario Kart DLC
3D Mario platformer
Prince Fluff back in Yarn Yoshi
Unique-feeling Zelda for Wii U
Star Fox on Wii U
Majora's Mask 3D
Those are high expectations. Prepare to be disappointed.

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
3DS FC
1805-2375-5612
Switch FC
7913-4114-6709
Part of me hopes for Geno, but the rest of me knows it won't happen. Hopefully there will be atleast one or maybe two newcomers.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Interesting choices. Are those all characters you would like to see playable in this series? Well, apart from those who are already in the games?
Actually, it's not directly Smash related, so much as general E3 hyping, but moreso, it was celebration of everything Nintendo up until this moment and illustrating the variety of characters they really have.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to fit a lot of the newer characters due to poor planning on my part.

Last edited:

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
Woke up at 5 for the Konami conference, but it's been 90 minutes after they've been scheduled to start, but they haven't started...
Thanks Konami ;-;

Well, at least Nintendo hype is coming up in 4 hours 3 min

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll just copy paste what I said elsewhere about E3 so far and my hopes/expectations for Nintendo:

Microsoft didn't have anything "OHMERGAWD THATS AMAAAAAAZING" for me personally, but aside from the very beginning, they had no real low points in their conference and kept me mildly to moderately interested in each individual title, and the presentation and pacing was really well done.

Sony had a few big hitters for me like LBP3 (IT LOOKS SO ****ING HAPPY AND IT'S COMING IN A FEW MONTHS) and Uncharted 4 and Anzu, but some of it was remasters of very recent games that while I am excited for, don't show off anything new for the PS4, and the rest was mildly intriguing. Also, a lot of their stuff is not coming out until 2015. They also had a lot of third party stuff and focused way too much on stroking their ***** and Playstation Now and all that jazz in the middle of the conference, as well as the long segment about Powers (don't get me wrong - while it's the first I've heard of the graphic novel series, it sounds really interesting and deserving of a show - however, it's not a game, and that's what I came for). I was also expecting a revival of an old franchise, and I thought we were getting one with that one PS1 music game getting a name drop TWICE (I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME FOR SOME REASON IM SORRY), but nothing came of it. Also, a lot of the games began to bleed together much like Ubisoft's conference, because they were all gritty and **** and didn't show much actual gameplay, if any. They didn't present themselves as well as Microsoft either, and the pacing was kinda bad at points. The conference was definitely longer than it deserved to be.

For Nintendo, I am obviously going to enjoy all of the Smash Bros coverage, and they will win E3 no contest if they pull a UFC and release the 3DS version next week (I can dream). Zelda Wii U and Hyrule Warriors are also getting coverage, and we may see more from Yarn Yoshi and SMT x FE. We'll probably see a new Mario game, as Mario always has SOME sort of presence, but I don't think it will be Galaxy 3 (which should star Rosalina anyway IMO, if it does happen, similar to how Yoshi's Island was a subtitle for "Super Mario World 2" - just make it "Super Mario Galaxy 3: Rosalina's Story" or something - this would mean I could get my next gen Galaxy fix, my favourite Nintendo character/space waifu gets her own series, and the main Mario series could continue doing it's own thing) or a new 3D Mario platformer at all, as I doubt they already have something ready to show. Galaxy 2 was revealed two E3's after Galaxy 1, and HD/3DS dev time could be longer.

I also expect them to announce a DLC program for Mario Kart 8, and to have the first pack available today, for free. The other two companies had "It's out today!" announcements, so Nintendo could use one. And I am hoping for a revival of an unused franchise. We will also learn what the NFC stuff is all about, and Miyamoto's new IP is confirmed to be at the Treehouse stream. So yeah, I'm really pumped for Nintendo, they have a lot of potential.

T

Trick or Treat

Ridley and Mario Kart DLC.
And a release date for both.

Give me that and the rest can literally just be a black screen for all I care.

Less realistically, Daisy. Either Daisy in Smash, or for Daisy to be playable in the next 3D Mario game. Something...

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think Ridley, Palutena, Pacman, Mewtwo, Snake, Meta Knight Wario, Captain Falcon and Ness.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is the Twitch/Nintendo official E3 feed the only ways to watch it? Twitch will poo itself as always. Is there a Youtube link like with the Directs?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is the Twitch/Nintendo official E3 feed the only ways to watch it? Twitch will poo itself as always. Is there a Youtube link like with the Directs?
Just go onto IGN's YouTube stream or GameSpot's Twitch stream, they are streaming everything.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only person in the world that has barely any problems with Twitch?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think Spike TV will show it as well. You'll likely get a conversation between Reggie and Geoff as a bonus that way as well.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Does anybody know how long the Digital event will go for? I heard that Twitch said it would be 1 hour, and so many other people are saying 30 minutes..
Some directs have gone for more than an hour, so it would be strange to show a Digital event that only lasted 30 mins.. right..RIGHT??

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Where would you guys recommend viewing the livestream? I watched it on twitch last year and it messed up a lot.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What are the most hype-inducing character reveals that can happen? Ridley, Mewtwo and Pac-Man?

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
What are the most hype-inducing character reveals that can happen? Ridley, Mewtwo and Pac-Man?
If those reveals would be the case, I could only be happy for the others lol. I wouldn't really like those reveals...
So no, I don't think they are bound to be hype-inducing. It's a matter of opinion, really.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, I won't be watching it live, due to school.

But I must offer one more piece of insight before I depart.

I realized the potential significance in Conker being in that Project Spark game. Microsoft finally realize they aren't doing anything with these classic Rare IPs, so they allowed another developer to use one.
Whose to say a certain company we all love hasn't asked for/bought the rights a Rare franchise that many have been asking for?

As the old Bidoofian proverb goes, "Where there is a drunken squirrel, there is a bird and bear."

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If those reveals would be the case, I could only be happy for the others lol. I wouldn't really like those reveals...
So no, I don't think they are bound to be hype-inducing. It's a matter of opinion, really.
That's true, but I was more talking in general. What would worldwide be the most hype-inducing reveals? Ridley is one for sure.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Haha I actually haven't had any either. Only a dose of vitamin MK.

HYYYYPE!!!
Yeah, although there is still a little over 3 hours left. I dunno what to do, I would play Melee to pass the time but my parents are asleep and that would wake them up. So I will actually go to sleep for a while and wake up at 1:30 AM. See you all on the flip side.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well umm is there a link to the videos

I mean i need 1 since i rpobably only be able to watch the pre-digital and the during definatly not the after-digitial

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
That's true, but I was more talking in general. What would worldwide be the most hype-inducing reveals? Ridley is one for sure.
Well, what does Japan like? I'd guess they wouldn't be that happy about Ridley, considering the "sucess" Metroid has in Japan. And Pacman seems to be a base breaker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom