• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
This is what i want'what im expecting to see at E3 regarding to smash bros:

1.After the tournament, i am expecting that some of the remaining characters will be revealed if not all of them. Mainly Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, and a newcomer or 2 who knows. But like i said we might get everyone of the characters since the release of the 3DS version is so close.

2. I am expecting more information about customizable movesets will be revealed, assuming it will be in both versions. But if not maybe it will be posted on the smashbros website if it is only in the wii u version since that was what is was shown in.

3. Im hoping they will update the website with more detail about the games. More in depth information about characters such a moves listings and maybe show the recolors. Something more than just screenshots. i also would like to see the stages added to the website, im sure many of us would look browse around that section as well.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
This is what i want'what im expecting to see at E3 regarding to smash bros:

1.After the tournament, i am expecting that some of the remaining characters will be revealed if not all of them. Mainly Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, and a newcomer or 2 who knows. But like i said we might get everyone of the characters since the release of the 3DS version is so close.

2. I am expecting more information about customizable movesets will be revealed, assuming it will be in both versions. But if not maybe it will be posted on the smashbros website if it is only in the wii u version since that was what is was shown in.

3. Im hoping they will update the website with more detail about the games. More in depth information about characters such a moves listings and maybe show the recolors. Something more than just screenshots. i also would like to see the stages added to the website, im sure many of us would look browse around that section as well.
Double post...

D

Deleted member

At least I'll still have the Sony, Ubisoft, and Konami events to hold me over until Nintendo's digital event. But again, that ain't gonna make the wait any shorter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm expecting some big announcement following the invitational. A very nice capstone to the whole thing. Maybe the winner is allowed to make the announcement. That'd be a great prize (for me).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Every new game, we've had several of the most important/iconic (at least at the time) remaining Nintendo characters added. Obviously on 64 we got most of them: Mario, Luigi, Link, DK, Fox, Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Captain Falcon.
Melee brought us: Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, arguably Falco.
Brawl brought us: Diddy Kong, Wario, Olimar, 4 iconic Pokemon, Dedede.

So far, Villager is the only one who even semi-ticks that box. Although Rosalina has been promoted a lot more recently, she kind of fits the category of being elevated because of Smash ala the FEs and Pit.

Just an observation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Every new game, we've had several of the most important/iconic (at least at the time) remaining Nintendo characters added. Obviously on 64 we got most of them: Mario, Luigi, Link, DK, Fox, Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Captain Falcon.
Melee brought us: Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, arguably Falco.
Brawl brought us: Diddy Kong, Wario, Olimar, 4 iconic Pokemon, Dedede.

So far, Villager is the only one who even semi-ticks that box. Although Rosalina has been promoted a lot more recently, she kind of fits the category of being elevated because of Smash ala the FEs and Pit.

Just an observation.
That's really subjective. I would say all the newcomers so far tick that box. Wii Fit Trainer a little less but the Wii Fit franchise is iconic.

And FE not being important/iconic I really disagree with.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's really subjective. I would say all the newcomers so far tick that box. Wii Fit Trainer a little less but the Wii Fit franchise is iconic.

And FE not being important/iconic I really disagree with.
Even if you consider it important/iconic now, it absolutely wasn't before it was included in Smash.

It's not really subjective that (at least most of) those characters are important/iconic at all.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Even if you consider it important/iconic now, it absolutely wasn't before it was included in Smash.

It's not really subjective that (at least most of) those characters are important/iconic at all.
For Japan it definately would be.
The ones you listed I agree are but really I consider most characters to have that status.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
For Japan it definately would be.
The ones you listed I agree are but really I consider most characters to have that status.
"most important/iconic"

Japan is one market. I'm talking about the MOST important ones. Leading into Melee, the vast majority of the market had no idea who Fire Emblem's Marth or Roy were, a complete contrast to someone like Bowser. Little Mac is actually in the same boat that Marth and Roy were from Melee in that most people from Japan had no idea who or what he was.

For example, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, K. K. Rool, Toad would be among the most important/iconic Nintendo characters that are left to chose from.

I do agree that there is a degree of subjectivity to what I'm saying though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why does everyone forget Mega Man? That's Capcom's job.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"most important/iconic"

Japan is one market. I'm talking about the MOST important ones. Leading into Melee, the vast majority of the market had no idea who Fire Emblem's Marth or Roy were, a complete contrast to someone like Bowser. Little Mac is actually in the same boat that Marth and Roy were from Melee in that most people from Japan had no idea who or what he was.

For example, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, K. K. Rool, Toad would be among the most important/iconic Nintendo characters that are left to chose from.

I do agree that there is a degree of subjectivity to what I'm saying though.
I considered FE to be one of the most important franchises even going into Melee. I think we should just drop this topic since it feels off topic and I don't see either of us changing each other's opinions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

2 days left. 52 hours until the Digital Event.

Get hype.

Edit: Went ahead and updated the title. :p

Wonder what surprises await us at E3...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Were down to 2 days

Can't wait to see ridleys trailer.

(To explain why im so confident go to pages 636 and 637 of the ridley support thread.)

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

Get hype.

But 52 =/= 48...

You know what I would love to see at E3? A Metroid/Star Fox crossover. Some may say that the tones of the game would not allow this, but I think that would just make it more fun to play.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You know what I would love to see at E3? A Metroid/Star Fox crossover. Some may say that the tones of the game would not allow this, but I think that would just make it more fun to play.
I'd rather both get individual games, I don't think either franchise is in the position where their next games should be a whacky or risky concept.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Get hype.

Ive never wanted the Moon to be super close and land in my life until now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I need a break from this site, just last night I had a dream where Falco, Captain Falcon, and Meta Knight were confirmed. :laugh:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can only imagine the hype levels for Smash if Nintendo announced Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool at E3...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ IntelliHeath1 IntelliHeath1
Hype-y as Always, Heath. Especially when you Think about the fact that there's at least 20 characters left.

Also, will tomorrow's be the last Gif, or will there be one for THE day, as well? :3

Ahmad Mohammad

Smash Rookie
I need a break from this site, just last night I had a dream where Falco, Captain Falcon, and Meta Knight were confirmed. :laugh:
Lol, I had a dream where Ms.Pacman was confirmed, it was so weird that rather than her name it was written "I don't Ms. Pacman" Even her picture was male Pacman. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for MM3D to be announced.

For smash, I'm keeping my expectations low just to make sure I don't overhype myself and shoot myself in the foot.

Top Bottom