• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Do they seriously think that showing a casual game like a sequel to Wii Sports at E3 is a good idea? It was great back in 2006 when motion controls were new, but now? Seriously?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
"OMG DEVOL THOID TOO EDGY. TOO BRUTAL. STAHP".

Jesus Christ people.

Devil's Third looks sick. A mix of FPS and Ninja Gaiden. :chuckle:

@Whoever said Sleeping Dogs, kinda
/shrug
Yerp. Ninty's trying to appeal to everyone, not sure why people are complaining about that.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm hoping the timer under the TV that I just read said 7 minutes, not 17

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw it again, it was 17 minutes. We're going to spend the rest of E3 watching a slightly enhanced Wii Sports.

Last edited:

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
They better have a surprise trailer at the end after this ****. Excuse my language, but what the ****ing hell, Nintendo? This was absolutely a horrible idea, to end off on a non-hyped, casual, motion control game. Good mother ****ing job Nintendo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The ones that don't have a Wii U.

Which is to say, very many.
Which is why it could be a huge system seller if it's marketed well, in a hype way. PS4 sold solely off of hype, after all.

Plus, it's got Smash and many other games on it's side.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Are you kidding me?

-First person gameplay and customisation like CoD
-Parkour and third person perspective like Uncharted, as well as sillier customisation parts like Uncharted
-Swordplay
-Brutal takedowns
-Strategic base building for multiplayer, as well as personalised clans
-Storyline has a lot of Japanese culture and flair, including references to some pretty morbid Japanese stories
-Boobs

What testosterone fueled teen or bored adult WOULDN'T want this?
The issue is that it isn't incredible enough (or even well marketed enough) to reach that audience when they don't already own a Wii U. They're selling it to a market that may or may not exist. And the fact that Devil's Third wasn't even in Nintendo's actual digital event doesn't bode well.

I think I'd like it, but I'm not particularly excited about it. It looks like a game that was simply released a little too late.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I kept lurking here, but rly, a new Wii Sports game at the end? I stayed up for this? .____.

Morbi

Scavenger
They better have a surprise trailer at the end after this ****. Excuse my language, but what the ****ing hell, Nintendo? This was absolutely a horrible idea, to end off on a non-hyped, casual, motion control game. Good mother ****ing job Nintendo.
Nah, they wanted to start strong and finish weak. That is always the best way to hype up your products!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Devil's Third looks really good. I don't really gravitate towards super realistic/gorey war games but I can really dig the cultural flare they have going on. The multiplayer in particular looks interesting.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
''Hey. Let's go from a hardcore brutal shooter to cute little Mii's bowling and ****!"

Solid plan, Nintendo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The issue is that it isn't incredible enough (or even well marketed enough) to reach that audience when they don't already own a Wii U. They're selling it to a market that may or may not exist. And the fact that Devil's Third wasn't even in Nintendo's actual digital event doesn't bode well.

I think I'd like it, but I'm not particularly excited about it. It looks like a game that was simply released a little too late.
It looks pretty incredible to me.

And it doesn't even have a solid release date, it could still be marketed like crazy for Christmas or something.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
There is way too much salt floatin' around in this thread.

Calm down my children.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Devil's Third looks interesting. Definitely will be following how that game develops.

Ending on Wii Sports Club is a big of a weird thing I suppose but it's not exactly the end of the world. We saw a lot of footage from other games for three days straight so you might as well throw in the casual game at the end.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I liked playing Baseball in the original Wii Sports.

Hope that rumor of another Smash trailer later is true.

Edit: Oh wait. 7:59 EST is 4:49 my time. Godammnit.

Last edited:

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
There better be a smash trailer after the **** they just pulled. ****ing ******** over at nintendo have the balls to hype people up and then show mii mother ****ing sports club as their last game.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
A good representation for how terrible this is to end E3 is a father who bought their child all the presents they ever wanted, but then as a parting gift he poops in their face.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm not sure why everyone here was expecting something big. Nobody announces anything on the last day of E3. It all comes in the press conferences at the beginning with some added info in the second day. Third day is for interviews and demos and whatnot.

On an unnecessary note, I think the brunette lady who's been on and off hosting these Treehouse segments is gorgeous.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
I can taste the salt in this thread. I told you all NOTHING would happen.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys, we must have seen this coming. After all, this is the same company who ended a past E3 with freaking Nintendo Land...
Hey, at least Nintendo Land was a game that actually showed off what the GamePad could do, since it was next gen at the time.

Wii Sports Club is showing what LAST gen could do, which is why it's atrocious to show it off for 20 minutes like this at E3...

Top Bottom