• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm just thinking if these "un-announced characters" are un-announced at E3 or un-announced in general.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure they said they still wanna show more Smash tomorrow, including the 3DS version. Maybe that will get a focus tomorrow.

Regardless, I got a lot of information on my Brawl main, Sonic, and a TON on Rosalina so far, so I'm satisfied. Can't wait to try Kirby again too.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Wait, when did they say they were playing unannounced characters at E3? I know they said at the Treehouse itself, but nothing about it being at E3. Did they say it after Smash ended?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I just can't stand that they repeatedly oversell everything, and saying that today would be a "big day for Smash". If confirming Hammer Bro as an AT and showcasing the new edgehogging mechanic is considered "big" then I can't even imagine what Ridley would be.
Considering that they showed off the new edge stuff as not very big is silly. Game physics have a much greater impact on the game than one character does, tbh

Morbi

Scavenger
That's interesting. This makes me think, perhaps, they just ported over his Final Smash for the Demo and there is no one in the works.
I honestly hope that you are correct. It would be reasonable to port over familiar Final Smashes for a demo. Bowser's was arguably one of the worst in the game whereas Sheik, if separated, NEEDS a new one or at the very least a variation (like her FS Trophy from Brawl, perhaps). So I am still keeping my hopes up.

Neo Zero

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said..

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.
Remember guys, it could always be worse. Smash could be made by Capcom.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Considering that they showed off the new edge stuff as not very big is silly. Game physics have a much greater impact on the game than one character does, tbh
Doesn't have to be a character. I'm sorry but it what universe is a new edgehogging mechanic, alone, considered big news? It's one, small mechanic, that's all.

Neo Zero

Doesn't have to be a character. I'm sorry but it what universe is a new edgehogging mechanic, alone, considered big news? It's one, small mechanic, that's all.
In what universe is 3 hours into the day the whole day? Give it more time.

T

Trick or Treat

In what universe is 3 hours into the day the whole day? Give it more time.
Didn't say that it was. I was mostly referring to that potential outcome. Of course there's always time. A lot of people thought we were done when nothing was shown at the tournament but then boom, Pac-man.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The thing that would get me pumped the most (besides a Professor Layton reveal, which I'm not sure about him showing up anymore) is the reveal of an awesome, feature length adventure mode for the Wii U Smash. I know we aren't getting a Story Mode, but Super Mario 3D World is an awesome platforming adventure with no story.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I mostly meant that gameplay changes are what will affect how long the game lives on more so than practically any other reveal, as the gameplay is what makes the game stand out from the other games. But yeah, it wouldn't usually be classed as "big news" but personally I care much more about game mechanics over anything else.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
I do remember Hearing Rosalina have a Galaxy Inspired Victory theme while Mario had his old one. I think someone mentioned bowser earlier in the thread as well.
So, Indivitual victory themes confirmed.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Not sure if this has already been posted, but they were just talking about Smash Wii U on Nintendo Treehouse. A couple of things may of just been confirmed that we weren't aware of before such as Link's dair definitely having a meteor smash effect during the first few frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1lyVtQYCM

Starts at about 2:10:00 on the feed.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So, I was painfully mistaken about the turnout. I'm almost an hour early and there's already a line.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
The "playing as unreleased characters" thing just meant that they've been messing around with those characters back at HQ. Not that there's a final build of the game hidden backstage or something.

T

Trick or Treat

I mostly meant that gameplay changes are what will affect how long the game lives on more so than practically any other reveal, as the gameplay is what makes the game stand out from the other games. But yeah, it wouldn't usually be classed as "big news" but personally I care much more about game mechanics over anything else.
That's what I'm saying. Gameplay mechanics obviously affect the game more, in the long run and on a broader scale. But by saying or implying that today will be a big day for Smash Bros, that really should mean more than just a single mechanic, whether you personally care more about that or not.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I just can't stand that they repeatedly oversell everything, and saying that today would be a "big day for Smash". If confirming Hammer Bro as an AT and showcasing the new edgehogging mechanic is considered "big" then I can't even imagine what Ridley would be.

Wallpapersroom_com___Alpha_and_Omega2_thumb.jpg

Morbi

Scavenger
So, I was painfully mistaken about the turnout. I'm almost an hour early and there's already a line.
Good luck, nevertheless. I am sure that you will get a few chances to play if you stick with it.

The "playing as unreleased characters" thing just meant that they've been messing around with those characters back at HQ. Not that there's a final build of the game hidden backstage or something.
I do not believe that anyone insinuated anything to that effect.

Dott

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has already been posted, but they were just talking about Smash Wii U on Nintendo Treehouse. A couple of things may of just been confirmed that we weren't aware of before such as Link's dair definitely having a meteor smash effect during the first few frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1lyVtQYCM

Starts at about 2:10:00 on the feed.
So it's happening? That dair has a meteor? PLEASE TELL ME!

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
That's what I'm saying. Gameplay mechanics obviously affect the game more, in the long run and on a broader scale. But by saying or implying that today will be a big day for Smash Bros, that really should mean more than just a single mechanic, whether you personally care more about that or not.
So...Do you think something will be confirmed by the end of the day?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Be me.
Went to best buy for smash fest a little more then an hour early.
See massive line.
Do a head count if I still get a coin, I stop at 50.
Realize I wont get a coin.
debating standing in line an hour in front of 50 some odd people.
Watch people drive by and yell dumb/ harassing stuff at people in line.
Leave.
Cry about it on smashboards.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I hope this is real at least

You guys hear about this leaked/rumored DLC came about a 4 days ago.
thought if real would have been announced at E3.........

Been waiting for Kamek in MK Since N64
Got Diddy too

As you know I really love Shy Guy & Kamek Shame he didn't make it in smash... Only a stage element....
300x-4.jpg

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Be me.
Went to best buy for smash fest a little more then an hour early.
See massive line.
Do a head count if I still get a coin, I stop at 50.
Realize I wont get a coin.
debating standing in line an hour in front of 50 some odd people.
Watch people drive by and yell dumb/ harassing stuff at people in line.
Leave.
Cry about it on smashboards.
Or be me and do not even bother going.

Last edited:
Top Bottom