• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DWYP 2 Round 1 Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'm reposting this in here because I don't think anyone has seen it in the DWYP.

Alright, Instead of just posting the match ups in the same thread, I'll make a new thread for each round. Some of this stuff will be copy and pasted, but re-read everything to make sure.

Debate Topics:
War
Iraqi Stability as Affected by the War in Iraq
Was the US Right in going to Iraq?
Was the execution of Saddam Hussein just?
Should Canada Pack Up and Go Home?
Was Operation Iraqi Freedom a Success?
Should the U.S. invade Iran?
Should the U.S. pull out of Iraq?

Government
Should the government continue welfare, public school, social security, and Medicare?
Is the Constitution too flexible?
Electoral College vs One Person, One Vote
Has Big Business turned the US to Big Government -Regulations, Restrictions, etc.
What political party America needs right now?
Are Tax Rebates helping the economy?
Do Tax Cuts for the Rich help the economy?
Has the government become corrupt?
Who should be the next president, McCain or Obama?

Religion
Evolution vs. Creationism
Should there be teacher led prayer in Schools?
Should there be prayer in schools period?
Which religion should the US be considered?
Bible vs History

Social Issues
Immigration: Should US have Open Borders
Gay marriage: Should it be Legal
Genetic Engineering: For or Against (Cloning Included)
Capital Punishment: For or Against
Same-Sex Parent Adoption
Should Marijuana be legal?
Should there be smoking bans?
Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice

Environment
Is Global Warming a Serious Threat?
Should the U.S. begin to focus more on different forms of fueling than oil?
Should the U.S. drill in Alaska?

Next round, we'll be adding more topics, and we'll also seed the bracket.

Rules and Guidelines
1. Double/Triple posting is aloud.
2. No editing your posts
3. Don't use Wikipedia as a Credible Source

Now on to judging.

You'll be judged on a few things. First off, each judge will give some personal comments to each debate for both contestants. They might compliment you on what you did right, as well as give you some constructive criticism on what you could improve on. Each judge will give a letter grade, and say who they thought won the debate. They will be judging on how well you used sources, if the sources are reliable. They will also be judging on how well you present your side. Don't just list your side, but paint a picture with it. Make it to where you're drawing someone into your side. Most of all, don't be jumping around too much, stay with your topic.

Round 1 Match-Ups!

D'OH vs Uncle Donkey
After Dawn vs Delorted
McCloud vs Vro
Alt vs Ghostanime
RDK vs Stroupes
TLink_King vs Blazed
Tomkitty vs Peeze
JediKnightLuigi vs Aesir
Byronman vs JamStunna
Burrito vs Tissue
Variola vs DmBrandon
CF vs DoomDragon
Modest Egoist vs Lonejedi
Hyuga vs Sky
Dark Hart vs Lombardi
BengalRZ vs __V__

Instead of PM'ing me your topic, just talk to your partner, and have the affirmative post the topic. I'll be camping Sunday through Wednesday, so I won't be able to do my debate until, or take any questions. If you have a question, one of the judges can help you. I.E. Alt, Zero Beat, and I'm sure CK can help as well.

Delorted and Afterdawn are both on vacation, and we might have to wait longer than the time frame for their debate. Good Luck. You can start your debates today, but he Dead line is Saturday July 19th.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Also, since the Prelims were kinda scroungy (3 debates I believe and I don't remember how they ended), I'll just postpone the Best of Round awards until the end of round one. The way we'll do it is after the round, I'll create a post and we'll have everyone PM me their votes.

D

Deleted member

ComradeSAL, my partner and apparently Aesir's isn't responding, so maybe you can replace them.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Ok, we've had alot of drop outs... really lame. But most of themw ould have lost anyway. Commander Sal, if you want to, pm Aesir, who lost his partner. You guys have till saturday to debate. Aesir, why don't you just PM Commander if he doesn't come back to this thread.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Who should be the next president, McCain or Obama?

^ that topic, do we have to choose McCain or Obama? no one else?
I would stick with those two, it's very unlikely that anyone else will win, regardless if they are a better canidate than these two.

Aesir

Smash Master
Craaap, you really should include 3rd parties in that, would make for a really interesting debate. xP okay when I get back from work tonight I'll either pick that one, or just chose something else.

Aesir

Smash Master
Devils advocate here I come LOL.

Edit: it's actually fine, I can argue the pro-McCain stance. (even though I dislike both of them LOL.) make the thread. D:

cF=)

Smash Lord
Pair me up with someone too! It's been more than a week that I send a PM and still, I'm left with no response.

D

Deleted member

yo cF, we should debate. Canada vs Canada. I'll even throw in one of my patented translation posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom