• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl V Back to Basics! March 2nd! - March 2nd, 2013 - Syracuse, Ny

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you go to the Facebook event , it says that its in the Shoppingtown Mall.

3649 Erie blvd. I believe is the address.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Everyone RSVP so we can get some HYPE in this mother!

Speaking of hype....

Ive decided to bring a little side gaming event of my own. I will be bringing my personal PS2 and a copy of Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 with me to the event. As one of the most under appreciated fighting games ever, I'ma give this great game a little bit of that shine.

I will have 20 dollars available for anyone to attempt to win from me in a match from me. It will only cost you 1 dollar to challenge me and anyone can challege me as many times as they want, anybody that defeats me will take the twenty dollars on the line as well as all the money I've accumulated up to that point.

I will also be taking money matches in Brawl and Marvel from anybody and in Tekken, Street fighter, and Melee from people I think I can beat. Thanks in advance to Beta helping me out and running stuff while im running around like a psychotic headless chicken trying to do all of this.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Couldn't find this info.. when does each event start (when should I get there)? I may be driving a friend who has interest in the other games as well, so should I just arrive at 10AM? Is later fine? Thanks

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ok everyone sign ups start at 11:30,. Tournament i supposed to start at 1:30 but if everyone shows up early we can start at 1 and get a leg up on this thing. What I want to do is use as many set ups for brawl as possible. And than as that winds down we can shift a few of the set ups for melee. They will both be starting at the same time. So if everyone can be there and paid for by 1pm, it would be a huge help for me towards making sure everything runs on schedule. Unless there is atruly exhorbitant amount of set ups, i am going to go ahead and say there will be no friendlies allowed during the first 3-5 rounds of the tournament. But if you all cooperate with me, we can blaze through the tournament and us all the the time left after to have as many friendly and money match sets as you want. Thank you all in advance

MetalPat

Smash Ace
so still no help for rides from people in albany yet. considering there are a bunch of people coming for OTHER fighting games... but they arent sure if they want to take me.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone. I think this was a learning lesson for me showing how helpless you can feel without having a reliable secondary to fall back on. I don't think I had a bad performance by any means but I expected better out of myself and I know others did as well. I'll try to be more involved with future tournaments and try to dedicate at least a little time to the game so I can improve on some matchup issues, but nothing is a guarantee. Til next time, y'all.

Top Bottom