• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Tournaments are now going on in the Durango CO / Farmington NM area. Competition is rising and new talent is coming to the Colorado and New Mexico area. If you are in the area please contact NIN, BUZ, or DUHA for more info on local Tournaments and Smashfests.

Current Rankings for the 4 Corners area.

1st tourney
nin9- 10 points
Zenjamin- 7 points
Duha- 5 points
Ryu- 3 points
buz - 2 points

2nd tourney
1 Duha 10pts
2 NIN9 7pts
3 Zenjamin 5pts
4 Ryu 3pts
5 Johnnylaw505 2pts

1pt:
BUZ
BBQ
Darth
Pugboy
pistachio

Overall:
1 NIN9 17
2 Duha 15
3 Zenjamin 12
4 Ryu 6
5 BUZ 3
6 Johnnylaw505 2
7 BBQ 1
7 Pugboy 1
7 Darth 1
7 Terror Hawk 1
7 Phillip 1
7 Pistachio 1

meleemarth

Smash Ace
eh this sounds kool even though i think the prize money should be raised a bit. And what do you think about canceling this tournament since its soo close to the biggest tournament in Co? its called the colorado cutthroat console tournament and usually it has 40 or more people at it. heres the website and try to bring as many people as you can. Dont forget to make each and everyone of you pre-register(so you can get free stuff)here at www.ccct2k.com oh and the players on this website are the best in the state..

p.s. heres the link to the ccct thread on here http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63961

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
OH trust me I know, Im already pre-registered along with a few others from here. Im just letting people know about these monthly tournaments that are held in this area. They are mainly just casual come compete and boast type things. Thats why the prize money isnt a bit bigger cause as of right now its local people that come to these things, but I thouhgt Ide give a shout out to see who else might be intrested in surrounding states that arent too far off. CCCT2k is ganna be a blast, hopin to rox teh sox, or at least one of us from here! Also if your in the area, this next tournament we are holding would be a great warm up and great opportunity to see how you can improve on certain things before hand if you are going to ccct! :)

meleemarth

Smash Ace
hm thats awesome, lol dont forget to try to get everyone from durango to come to the ccct. Anyways how long have you been playing ssbm and do you lcancel, wd, shffl at all?

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Ive been playing since the 64 version. I love the game. Im a fan of WDing, yes, with link I use it quite a bit. But yeah Ill get that vid to you later, Ill have to pull it our of our fraps box : P.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Sounds cool. I can't go to the next tournament, but I'll see you at CCCT. I'm just curious, how many people attend your tournaments?

Woot! I think CCCT will be a blast. I know a couple people from my school are going, even though they haven't signed up yet <_< slackers

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
I think I put up there before, if I dont advertise for it we usually get around 10-15 people that come. But If I advertise it, this is a college town so the most Ive had in the past was 23. Soon we are putting up our own site with combo vids/guides/tourney registration/ and a lil forum board. But wont be until after next month some time.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Make the tourney sometime in march, on a weekend, so that it doesn't interfere with CCCT and I might go due to that reason, still don't know the location though so I don't know if parents will be willing to drive me there =/ we need exact location because I have NO idea where Durango is

meleemarth

Smash Ace
considering hes 5 hours away from me i dont think anyone above monument or the springs will go to his tournament. its just too far for any of us.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Eh 5 hours isnt THAT bad, I drive to denver all the time. But thats cause I have family up there. but hey if you all ever do any get togethers or tourneys Ide be happy to go kick your ***** :p and Im sure a few of the smashers from here would come too. OH yeah, melee, I got that video transfered over from our fraps box, gimee a shout when you can get it.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey, boulder is right next to denver. You might/could come to the next pre-CCCT.....idk I also would like to play you some time.

I checked the CCCT website, and I didn't see you pre-registered. Well I don't know what is up with that.

Oh, and btw, try to get alot of the people who go to your tournaments go to the CCCT. It would be awsome if we could have even more people.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Ok so its confirmed now the next Durango Smashers is setting up the next local smash tournament for march 25th. Expecting a minimum of 15 people this time since we arent planning on advertising much, and Im still on vacation. But it should be a good one none the less.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
yeah i think there is also one at the dojo and plus me and A LOT of the other players are probably going to go to that one cuz its not a five hour drive. Anyways lovo, how about we ditch both tournaments so we can both get better? how about i plan on comin to your house during that weekend or something? lets go ahead and let the n00bs win for once.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
w00t, tournament was awesome, on the 25th, had around 15 ish people show up, it was great! I won the tournament with my friend chris is second. Link = #1 Falco = #2 :laugh: . Ill post the next duango tournament date shortly, it will be a few weeks after ccct, but anyone is welcome. Hope to get more people in the future.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Eh? I sent it to you, I just checked my sent messages and attatchments too, and i sent it to www.ssbmindgamer@aol.com on the 22nd. Dunno man, Ill try sending it again, its a 22mb file labled RyuSVSClay its me(link) vs Falco. Looks good for ccct though, Ill be there, didnt get any others to go but oh well, I want to play against a new crowd. See ya there.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Alright kool but could you upload it to rapidshare or something and then send the link to me in a pm??? hm that would be kool...OH AND ALSO did you want to come to my house this weekend cuz im on spring break????please??? and you could bring some of your buddies too.?????????????????????????????????

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Yeah does that sound good? ill pm you mind address and stuff and you can pm me back saying if its kool and what time?

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Dont know if I can make it since Im ganna be traveling up to denver again like a few days later, after that. But I will have an extra day up in denver before I head to CCCT if you want to get a few games in at my brothers place up there or something. Ill be up there the 6th.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Well CCCT was a blast! Did some *** kicking and had my *** handed to me a good amount of times as well! Great to meet you all as well, Meleemarth, Buzz, Peach's Pan. Hope to play you again some day. But for now Im going to be announcing the next monthly durango tournament.

OK! So April, 29th. 6:00pm!
As usual, it will be in Durango, CO at my place. $5 Entree fee. (Or just show up if you just want to play a bit or spectate) Same rules as posted on the first page of this thread. Contact me on here, or email if you plan on coming!

Durango Crew: After this tournament I want to get some practice in, maybe even start a daily practice before or after the tournaments. After going to the CCCT I just realized that we really arent as prepared to play against different characters besides the ones we normaly do. We need to step up our game a bit, and I definatly want to be ready for the next tournament in Denver, and even bring some of you guys (*points at bryce and chris*). As you know I only play as link, but all the practice against heavy characters didnt really help me at this last tourney, *cough* peach *cough* so someone learn a light character please! haha.

Anyway, thats all, come to the next tournament if you are in the area!!!!!! It will be fun! Catch you all later...

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
TBNinja+ Team DSC combo vid should be coming up, finally got enough games recorded against some tough opponents from NM and other Colorado areas such as pagosa and bayfield. It will be featuring Me (Link), Mogo (Dr. Mario), and a new member, eXe (Pikachu). Ill post a thread w/ a preview of my own
Link combo vid and crew vid, by this weekend hopefully. tons of thanks to my crew and this last tourney in Durango, we had a spankin 33 people show up to it from NM and surrounding areas, it was insane and It took forever cause I didnt have that many tvs or cubes lol.

Aree: You have a sexy friggin samus... ggs man

Mogo: I swear soon my position as leader of DSC is ganna be rivaled if you keep getting better with Doc, dontforget about practice on fridays! I got more stuff I wanna go over with ya.

CHS: Your fox/falco are hawt, (cant believe you got that **** shine off on that last match )

eXe: Welcome to the crew, we need to practice as a team more for that Alb. tourney coming up if we plan on winning that money match : / with no probs) Your pikachu is godlike...

(Thank hotness for l-canceling its my SSBM saviour with link)

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Ok, seeing how the last tourney was a great success, I am already posting the next tourney, Im also working on getting more advertisment rather than just flyers. Im working on a radio advertisment as well since one of my friends works at the local stations. Anyways, its going to be on the 27th. 6:00pm as usual. Rules are same as always refer to the first post on this thread. BRING YOUR FRIENDS, if I can get a constant number of 40+ people I can get a building for this and even consider making a gaming center buisness out at the new places for lease towards the south end of Camino Del Rio. Thanks everyone! Your making durango a hot spot ^^

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ill come.

im attending fort lewis currently.

im not all that hot so ill play for fun, but my friend is the one who introduced me to the existance of techs.

ill bring him.
we also have a gamecube and at least 3 controlers to offer

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Right on, the smash crew scene kind of died out here since Denver was a ways to drive and seemed to be where the most action when down as far as smash went. But I dont know, maybe we can get stuff up and going again, Im really ****ing rusty. The last time I played was at the NM tournament this last july (competitivly that is) I still practice but no where near as good as I used to be. Anyway... Mogo and I (Jordan & Bryce) are going up to the Fort to meet some guys this sunday (9/24/06) that want to play, so who knows. Durango tourneys could come back to life if I get people coming to them again. Should be good warm up for brawl too... anyway, get back to me lata or contact me via AIM. Hell call me if you want, 970-903-9553.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
well nin9 wants my copy of smash cuz i have the orginal release copy. So I am sure he is going to want to play too. I will be back in Durango on Sunday to play.

leapinghare

Smash Cadet
textbook ninja doesnt stand a chance against NIN9. ive trained with the NIN9 for years and hes never been better than he is now. ill be up there fall 07'. when the HARE&BRAVE era begins.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
textbook ninja doesnt stand a chance against NIN9. ive trained with the NIN9 for years and hes never been better than he is now. ill be up there fall 07'. when the HARE&BRAVE era begins.

Mighty big expectations against me for someone who hasnt played against me before... rofl

Then again I havent played now for a few months after making it to the semi-finals in NM. DSC kinda went different ways after that, and I stopped. But I'll get back to where I was, just need to play a bit, and its like riding a bike.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72156 for my vid. Never got around to making the DSC vid for the rest of the guys though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom