• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dumb idea...?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
wario is a lighter character. the up smash is therefore more effective vs. him.
Wario is heavy.:embarrass

True, but it's like hmm...if I can't hit with fsmash, I use my usmash, then dsmash for K.O's (I usually keep all my smash fresh.) If I still can't get a K.O then b-air.
That.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Your point?

I still kill Wario with it. Stop trying to idiotically argue with me. It just makes you look like an idiot.
Ha. Wario is close to Boweser's weight anyway, how do I look like an idiot, when you think using an upsmash against him is easy. Upsmash kills Wario refreshed at 140 ish%.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
k so wario is heavy ko wise my bad. but i'd actually prefer to kill him with that because wario's recovery can b difficult to gimp. and i just tested and wario dies from mario's uncharged up smash at 131%. i tested in training so there's no move decay. besides, do u think that u HAVE to get u smash uncharged to kill wario? cuz even if u chage it for a sec u can ko him at 10% lower or so. gosh pknintendo

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Because you are.

Quote me when I said I killing Wario with Up-Smash was easy.

I suppose you didn't say it was easy.

Oh, but I'll be ****ed If I apologise, who do you think you are gods gift to Mario? Seriously, HeroMystic, i've seen alot of *******s but you take the cake.

Mario 101, did you test it on a human player with DI?

viparagon

Smash Ace
^This.

Mario is a character with no easy exploits. You have to use all his abilities to win each match, and you have to understand all his techniques. Most of all however, you have to be smart and think during the match. This is mostly what drives players away from Mario because there is no "simple task" for Mario (although we Mario mains are so experienced we can call them simple tasks ;) ).

Mario is the character that shows the true skills of the player behind him.
you don't have to utilyze dtilt to win!
lol

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Mario is a WONDERFUL character to main. If not easy, it's more of a challenge.

I mean, you got your combos (jab-resets are still in, thank GOD.), teh awesome cape which isn't that much of an effect as it was in Melee, but still good. And, well, F.L.U.D.D.

Mario, at the right mind skill, not much technicality included, is actually a pretty neutral match-up against anybody.

I believe Sakurai gave him GOD-DI. lol..

We may have a hard time against both Dedede & Meta. K, but it doesn't make it "Impossible". I mean, I like the challenge wanting to learn to get around their attacks. It's fun! Besides, Sakurai made Brawl to be FUN. He never meant to make it "competitive". Therefore, calling Melee a "mistake".

I main Mario. 2nd Luigi & 3rd Martha.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's mainly his range. Stage control is a meh and not much of a problem, but Snake's spacing ability makes it really hard for Mario to approach consistently.

iMichael

Smash Lord
OH snap! DP is back...at least I haven't seen you post in a loooong time. Melee Mario's...

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It's mainly his range. Stage control is a meh and not much of a problem, but Snake's spacing ability makes it really hard for Mario to approach consistently.
Up B OOS does **** Snake's melee atks though, including his mortar slide and Nair.

Matt07

Smash Master
Lately, I've been trying to change my playstyle, so when I get competitive offline, I will use all my moves, and try not to be predictable. Like I spend about 1 minute on the ground .

Onto the point, whenever I tried to approach him on the ground I got wrecked, hardcore. It seems air is a much safer way to approach him in this match-up.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Lately, I've been trying to change my playstyle, so when I get competitive offline, I will use all my moves, and try not to be predictable. Like I spend about 1 minute on the ground .

Onto the point, whenever I tried to approach him on the ground I got wrecked, hardcore. It seems air is a much safer way to approach him in this match-up.
Fireballs and FLUDD are your friend in this match-up; fireballs stop his mortar slide and FLUDD stops his grenades and melee atks. As far as up close on the ground, use Ftilts, jabs, and Up B OOS any of his atks that get too close. Snake is also easy to juggle and getting him stuck in an Utilt lock is nearly a guarenteed free 40%. Mario defenetly badly beats Snake in air but don't undestimate Snake's priority or his projectiles. Snake isn't too swift off-stage either which is another good place to fight him. The best way to play against Snake is play smart and play it safe; slowly approach him and disarm his stage control as much as you can along the way. Snake's main advantage is his incredible KO power and how easy his kill moves are to pull off.

Matt07

Smash Master
Agreed fully with you Judge Judy.

Haha, I think we continue or should discuss other match-up's in the Q&A Thread, :laugh:.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Your best bet in killing Wario is definitely a fsmash off a read aerial of his... they shouldn't run into upsmash, it's range isn't that big, and it doesn't even kill very early compared to when he can kill you. If you play defensive he's going to abuse his huge grab range and bite, you need to play evasive, not defensive. Wait for openings/mistakes (or bait them) and then combo him. I wonder if you can cape the fart... I know it can be reflected with Nayru's love, haha.

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
Hmm. I say it needs more up-tilt. The up-tilt is surprisingly not that bad in Brawl. Guaranteed, if an Up-smash won't kill, Mario's up-tilt will.

Top Bottom