• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DullRazer Presents: ****- CHATROOM LINK PUBLISHED

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
Ah, sorry but I'm deciding to leave this tournament, both I and my brother are leaving.

genus

Smash Rookie
Tag: genus
FC: 0301-9458-8472
AIM: smardgenuses
State: Rhode Island

I recommend the use of Pidgin instead of AOL's aim client for anyone dissuaded from the furthering of Time Warner's evil empire.

I also suggest having a spectator for the final few matches, to record the results of the more skilled players trying to (metaphorically) castrate each other in the name of defending their honor against perceived attacks on their person. We could all gawk at the most remedial of mistakes by the higher placing players, and have a hearty laugh at their expense! All in good fun, of course.

Good luck all, and I mean this in the most superficial way possible-please, lose to me because you trip right into a fully charged smash! I look forward to cracking some skulls and bruising some egos. This seems like a good enough time to establish myself as a smashing force, the next pro with uncanny prediction skills coupled with the raw reflex and tech to punish mistakes. And at the end of this, on top of my mountain of praise, I will throw fireballs of scorn upon the envious.

(The arrogance is forced-I'm really a standup person with the sort of attitude more people ought to adopt! It's a facade in response to learning by association that abrasively cocky people tend to have a reason for their condescending nature. I do not expect to place nearly so well as this post would indicate. I hope I INCENSED someone reading this post, only to toy with their emotions by recognising its precociousness. Take this as an exercise in neurotic humor. I'd expect a marginal few to recognise the inert sarcasm, but I've been dissapointed by people before and don't want to be called out for my outlandish statements. If you laughed, or were made upset, I have won. From where I sit, only apathy is an undesirable response. It would IRK ME GREATLY if the response to this post was 'Apathy is my response'.)

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
I should be available for this :)

Tag: Cham
FC: 4811-6713-6046
AIM: Tarin8222 (yep this is the right one :))
State: North Carolina

yeb

Smash Rookie
I'll join.

Tag: yeb
FC: 4081-5248-1418
AIM: hmmyeb
State: California

I really dislike the idea of spectating for the later matches though. That all but guarantees the final matches will be heavily influenced by lag. Give the finalists the option of having no spectator if they can both agree that having a third player affects their connection too much.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Sweet sweet.... registration is progressing nicely. Up to 41, I think. :)

I really dislike the idea of spectating for the later matches though. That all but guarantees the final matches will be heavily influenced by lag. Give the finalists the option of having no spectator if they can both agree that having a third player affects their connection too much.
I thought about that, and am probably going to institute such a policy. Its just there if its needed. But, thanks for the input.

LTK

Smash Rookie
tag: LTK
FC: 1547-5202-1719
State: AL
AIM: sir meta knight

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
WOW! This tournament is far more constructed than any other that i've seen before, definately impressive..SIGN ME UP!
Tag: Sychu
FC: to the right
AIM: Scrib69
State: Pennsylvania

Foxy

Smash Master
Tag: genus
FC: 0301-9458-8472
AIM: smardgenuses
State: Rhode Island

I recommend the use of Pidgin instead of AOL's aim client for anyone dissuaded from the furthering of Time Warner's evil empire.

I also suggest having a spectator for the final few matches, to record the results of the more skilled players trying to (metaphorically) castrate each other in the name of defending their honor against perceived attacks on their person. We could all gawk at the most remedial of mistakes by the higher placing players, and have a hearty laugh at their expense! All in good fun, of course.

Good luck all, and I mean this in the most superficial way possible-please, lose to me because you trip right into a fully charged smash! I look forward to cracking some skulls and bruising some egos. This seems like a good enough time to establish myself as a smashing force, the next pro with uncanny prediction skills coupled with the raw reflex and tech to punish mistakes. And at the end of this, on top of my mountain of praise, I will throw fireballs of scorn upon the envious.

(The arrogance is forced-I'm really a standup person with the sort of attitude more people ought to adopt! It's a facade in response to learning by association that abrasively cocky people tend to have a reason for their condescending nature. I do not expect to place nearly so well as this post would indicate. I hope I INCENSED someone reading this post, only to toy with their emotions by recognising its precociousness. Take this as an exercise in neurotic humor. I'd expect a marginal few to recognise the inert sarcasm, but I've been dissapointed by people before and don't want to be called out for my outlandish statements. If you laughed, or were made upset, I have won. From where I sit, only apathy is an undesirable response. It would IRK ME GREATLY if the response to this post was 'Apathy is my response'.)
I should owe you respect for this enlightening thesaurical jaunt; as embellished as your expression was, however, I pray you empathize with my inclination to demur. It strains my right ventricle to irk you so, yet:

Apathy is my response.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Bump:

Also, everyone that has registered, I have got all your info in an excel sheet.
Don't forget to check in an hour before.
I'll be sending PMs to people sometime on Thurs or Fri to remind them of the tournament.

S2

Smash Lord
I too, cannot participate as something has come up.

My best of luck to the other players though. Dull Razer, if you do another tournament after this, hopefully I will be able to play in that one.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
How do we check in for this tourny? Aim or what?
Its outlined in the OP. But, I'll answer it newayz. ^^

1) Just before check in time starts, im going to post a link to a lil chat that I made. Its a Chatango chat- so its free, and you shouldnt have to register- just use a temporary name. Just log in, and lemme know who you are and that you're here.

2) also, just to cover your butt in the event he chat messes up, just make a post in here, saying that you've checked in. I won't be looking in the thread until after check in ends, but Ill be monitoring the chat the entire time just about.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
What time you think this is going till because I was trying to join that other tournament tomorrow.
If it runs as smoothly as I think it should/is, then I would say.... 7 or so. You can probably still do another tournament simultaneously... just schedule your stuff properly.

IsaakFenris

Smash Rookie
Oh whoops. I forgot that this was eastern time. I can still play. I really apoligize for any inconvenience and i wish to stay in the roster. If you have already removed me then okay. . .

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Oh whoops. I forgot that this was eastern time. I can still play. I really apoligize for any inconvenience and i wish to stay in the roster. If you have already removed me then okay. . .
I'll be releasing another roster of people who checked in. So, drop in during the check in time, and you'll be added back. Refer to OP for such procedures.

Moosecalibur

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I have to go to a funeral until 4:00 Eastern, so I won't be able to check in, but I'll be able to participate...

So can you put me as checked in since I'll be ready to Brawl by the time the Tourney starts, except that I won't be able to check in at the approximate time?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Ok. The tournament check in chatroom is open. Hop in using a temporary nickname, and hang around in there for all the announcements, as Smashboards is already being fickle. To be on the safe side, post that you are checking in *here* as well as in the chat. If there are any problems, feel free to IM me @ ShttrdParadox.

Top Bottom