• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dtilt sorta-spike?

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I've hung around, and posted a few times, but this is my first topic of my own.

I found that against characters that like to jump onto the stage (not up-b) from below, the dtilt extended over the edge is very effective at pushing them straight down. Has anyone done this before? I find the dtilt has deceptive priority, but I haven't had a chance to try it against any character's up-b.

Opinions?

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
This is true with most characters with a dtilt that goes far out. It can be effective, I havent used it much. Or for that matter ness' dtilt at all, though I should. But since ness's is so much faster it could be used even just for scare tactics to force an opponent to recover differently than they were first planning.

idk, it has its uses but I havent seen them in use much.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Yes, this is actually very effective. You can steal your opponent's second jump with Ness' dtilt, and if you edgehog correctly, you might be able to take one stock :)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Yes, this is actually very effective. You can steal your opponent's second jump with Ness' dtilt, and if you edgehog correctly, you might be able to take one stock :)
So dtilt them while they are next to the ledge, then fall down and nair them. :)
It could work. :p

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I have had this work.. it throws your opponent off like crazy.
Its just the chances are very very slim... after all they have to sorta miss the ledge so they dont have invincibility frames and all.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
You'll get punished hard if you use it too early or multiple times against the same person though. It's not advised against that many characters either as most would have a solution to the situation if they are aware of what it can do, and I can assure you good players that know what the move is would certainly know what it can do at the edge anyway.

It ***** large chars or those that fall quickly on the other hand.

Levitas

the moon
I do this in melee a lot. If you feel like being risky, you can do this to non MK characters that hang on the edge too long and hope they jump into another dtilt for the same effect.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
At any rate, it'd be considered a "semi-spike" on smashwiki.
It's not something you can pull off consistently, but still, an interesting part of Ness.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Thing is even if it eats their second jump they still have their upb, unless it catches them that off gaurd and theyre a character like bowser or dk..

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I used it against Lucas (a computer) twice in a row. Not that that counts in a real match. However, it sent him down far enough at 30% that the Lucas didn't successfully complete PKT2.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I used it against Lucas (a computer) twice in a row. Not that that counts in a real match. However, it sent him down far enough at 30% that the Lucas didn't successfully complete PKT2.
Yeah... but like you said, CPU... A human Lucas could vertical PKT2 from almost any distance.

Still, will keep in mind against characters like Bowser. It seems to be a good mixup move.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Aerial someone near the edge so that they are knocked just to the edge then start dtilting. Odds are they'll fall off and try to double jump ASAP. Once they DJ, your dtilt should eat it. This may catch some people off guard which can result in a gimp one pickeir recoveries. If its a non auto sweetspot upB (Snake) then you can spike them with the dair.

Top Bottom