• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow > Jab > Laserlock

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
I've been looking at some of Gluttony's games and I've been seeing a lot of Dthrow > Jab > Laserlock. I think that this is very game changing for the Falco metagame for a bit because while it's situational, people don't really tech out of it if you mix it up with Dairs, BDACUS etc.

I think compilation of data for characters needs to be done to see what percent it works at. All I know is on Marth, it works at 75% as seen in Gluttony's 4th game out of his MM w/ Leon.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
This has been known for a while...its pretty easy to avoid at high levels of play tbh. Especially if the person knows falco can do it which most do now. Also they can simply DI/SDI up and you'll miss the jab...

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
lol @ "changing for the Falco metagame"

Like Kuro said, it's an unreliable, situational, and avoidable tactic. Nothing worth risking if you can do more efficient things. Plus, it would just influence even more people to try to force grabs at dumb percentage, which people already do a ****load too much.

Also, if I recall correctly, it's supposed to work between 80-90%-ish. Don't rely on that though.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
LOL Larry has been doing this for a decade. Theres nothing ull see from another Falco that Larry hasnt done before. Gluttony has an awesome falco it seems; but definitely not at the forefront of the Falco metagame. The only other Falco thats even near DEHFs calibur is Shugo at this point really.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Like Kuro said, it's an unreliable, situational, and avoidable tactic. Nothing worth risking if you can do more efficient things. Plus, it would just influence even more people to try to force grabs at dumb percentage, which people already do a ****load too much.
This. I strongly believe that Falco's metagame advancement hinges on his non-grab related tactics. He has a half million other ways of dealing damage safely at any rate.

Top Bottom