• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dthrow dair on peach

pockyD

Smash Legend
i was practicing the dthrow dair chain on a CPU peach and she kept nairing out of it

is this supposed to be possible, or is my timing off (i probably need to shdair later if anything?)

of course I know she can DI out of it but I assume i'd have the same issues when i try to reverse dair

along the same lines, i've heard that fox/falco can shine out of dthrow/dair... is this true?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Yes and Yes.

Your timing is off, Peach is getting too much height from your d-air. You wanna time /position Nana so when she hits Peach, she stays as low to the ground as possible. The you do this by either SH d-air, or simply timing when you d-air hits Peach better.

Fox and Falco CAN DI away from the d-throw, d-air and shine. This just makes things more funsies. From here you can d-throw, d-air (they will shine) then you jab -> d-smash or grab. Or, you can actually b-throw, d-air, grab you KNOW they are DI'ing away. You could also just take advantage of their DI and f-smash them instead of going for another grab. Or if they're at low percentages, you can d-throw, u-smash, dash attack ->u-tilt/grab, or a d-throw, SH blizzard -> u-tilit/f-smash/u-smash. So even though they can get out of one mundane chainthrow, there are many many different possibilities that you can do to abuse their DI. Just be creative and keep them guessing. Fortunately this will also make them afraid to DI away the next time, in which you go with plan A and just d-throw->d-air->grab.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Your timing is off, Peach is getting too much height from your d-air. You wanna time /position Nana so when she hits Peach, she stays as low to the ground as possible. The you do this by either SH d-air, or simply timing when you d-air hits Peach better.
would i be correct in assuming that this means hit peach with the dair when she's already at her lowest? (immediately after the throw)

Delphiki

Smash Champion
would i be correct in assuming that this means hit peach with the dair when she's already at her lowest? (immediately after the throw)
Yes, I believe that's what he's saying.

You also have the option of using a F-throw Fair or D-throw Fair, then techchase and repeat. If someone is escaping my D-throw Dair combos I'll use this instead, although it is a bit tricky to get Nana to actually spike with the Fair.

Lido-Gara

Smash Rookie
Juganthestar: I cant login on my friends computer for some reason so I will be posting on his name. Couldnt you also do Dthrow Blizzard and regrab?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm almost certain that Peach can DI up and nair out of your dair chain... but this leaves her vulnerable to the reverse dair chain. Whoa.

And she can always smash DI out of any of your chains, but few people know that or have the tech skill to do it consistently.

drago980

Smash Apprentice
I think I knw what you mean. As soon as you throw Peach down you have to SH dair. If that isn't it, I don't know what is.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Tru dat Neal, Peach can ASDI up and away from the standard d-throw d-air, and Nair or air dodge before you can grab. Hooray for reverse! and Hooray from SDI being impossible to do consistantly

Top Bottom