• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+++dsx's Queens (ny) Smash Tournament 2--pushed To March 29th!!!+++

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Tournaments:

Melee Singles/Doubles
Brawl Singles/Doubles

Date and Time: Sunday, March 15th, from 9:45am to 6:45pm

c/o Superior Pharmacy
Jackson Heights, NY (Queens)

The 7 and E trains run through the area. The 7 is a bit closer to the venue than the E. The 7 is recommended for commuters coming from the 4, 5, or 6 trains, while those on the D train should transfer to the E.

**check hopstop.com for help with directions**--it's very reliable

Venue: (Game Room)--$5 venue fee
$5 Melee/Brawl singles
$10 Melee/Brawl Doubles (per team)

Schedule: 9:45am to 11:00amSignups + Friendlies
11:00am to 12:45pmBrawl Doubles
12:45 to 3:30Brawl Singles
3:30 and onMelee Tournaments

Melee/Brawl Singles Pot:
1st70
2nd20
3rd10

Melee/Brawl Doubles Pot
1st60
2nd30
3rd10

***bring your own controller***--we might not have spares

We need TV's and Game Systems. For anyone who can bring any of the following, let me know beforehand and I'll put your name down here. If you bring any of the items listed as they are, and it was used, you will get a $2 refund at the end of the tournament:

TV -
Gamecube w/ Melee -
Wii w/Brawl -
Wii w/Melee -

---------- TOURNAMENT RULES ----------

Double Elimination. Before the first match starts, each player can ban a counterpick stage. After that, neutral stages are slashed until one stage is leftthe first match will take place there. Loser of any match gets to pick the next stage and chooses their character after the winner does. However, if the person making a stage selection picks random for the stage, the next match (if there is one) will be character blind picked. No stage can be selected twice in a row, and a player cannot choose the same stage they won on during the set. 3 stock 7 minutes. No items. Team Attack On. All infinites are banned (if someone chain grabs you to the edge of a cliff, then it's acceptable). Stalling is banned, but Jigglypuff's rising pound and Rob's fuel floating to recover is acceptable. The player who initiates suicides when both players lose their last stock wins the match, except for Ganoncide, in which case the player with the higher percent loses. The player with more stock, or less damage (if stocks are tied), when time runs out wins the match. Please dont be too rowdy.

Stages are as listed below:

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise

The Melee singles tournament follows pretty much the same guidelines, except 4 stock 8 minutes. Here are the stages:

Neutral:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dream
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counterpicks:
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (Singles Only)
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

Banned:
All other stages

--------------------

If you need to contact me for info or directions, email me at darksniperx@inbox.com.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i don't see why you just change and edit from the old thread or just bump one of your old threads since you made like 3 with bronx on it or something =/...

i wonder why brawl starts at like 4:30 ish? doesn't it get dark by then? :/ llolz fvkin being young and having ******** mothers that give curfews >.>

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
i don't see why you just change and edit from the old thread or just bump one of your old threads since you made like 3 with bronx on it or something =/...

i wonder why brawl starts at like 4:30 ish? doesn't it get dark by then? :/ llolz fvkin being young and having ******** mothers that give curfews >.>
Most people need time for school and/or traveling to the tournament.

I'm going to get some doritos for the tournament. Which types should I get?

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
I'm down for this how much is everything gonna cost?
$10 venue;

$5 Brawl singles
$5 Melee singles
$10 per team for doubles

You can choose which specific tournaments you want to enter.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Pizza would be nice for food >_> lol.

i guess that make senses lol.

*hopes he doesnt get robbed and ***** at night in the bronx* lololl
The pizza is something I'll do for the next tournament. I already bought some munchies and beverages. But yeah, pizza is not a bad idea.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So the thing is tomrrow and yet i'm still having second thoughts. Why is that? lol. Now it's either to pick go to bronx tourney, get first hand offline experience, or i continue to be nub, waste my life on wifi pratice on that, so that the day of knighttable's tourney i'll get 3 stocked rocked cuz i didn't know how to play offline lololl.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Now it's either to pick go to bronx tourney, get first hand offline experience...
The only way to get good is to do as many offline tourneys as you can. Plus there are a few pros showing up on Friday--this is an opportunity to learn from the best. Since there are fewer people in tomorrow's tournament than Polytech, you can get more personalized attention from the pros.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
So the thing is tomrrow and yet i'm still having second thoughts. Why is that? lol. Now it's either to pick go to bronx tourney, get first hand offline experience, or i continue to be nub, waste my life on wifi pratice on that, so that the day of knighttable's tourney i'll get 3 stocked rocked cuz i didn't know how to play offline lololl.

I might stop by for a bit to watch and see whats going on.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
Alright can we get a list of DEFINITES going? If im not going with brian tomorrow then i'll definitely be going to this.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
So....how many people plan onshowing up this friday? i am almost 100% sure im going just want to know who else plans on going....

*bump

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
So....how many people plan onshowing up this friday? i am almost 100% sure im going just want to know who else plans on going....

*bump
How do you bump a thread?

Btw the tournament might be Sunday in Queens.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
by posting in it...lol it bumps it up a spot on the threads...easier to find for others..

and what happened to having it on mansion st?

:(

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
by posting in it...lol it bumps it up a spot on the threads...easier to find for others..

and what happened to having it on mansion st?

:(
One of the school directors that I spoke with told me that the cafeteria needed to be fixed up.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
=O -_- Why a sunday? that makes it just as hard for me, it being a school day.
Sunday...a school day?

Unless you have a college course that day...but the tournament will take place starting on March 8th (next Sunday from the upcoming one) and on every Sunday thereafter.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
**** i can't do sunday's work next day gonna have to count me out of this ....(fridays would have been so much better....:()

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
**** i can't do sunday's work next day gonna have to count me out of this ....(fridays would have been so much better....:()
Well, if you want, you could just do one or two of the earlier tournaments and make it home in time to relax before work. I will hand out the pot earnings after each tournament.:)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well check out my results on the page...i mean i dunno if u heard of forte/m2k/snake/bum/nl/d1/inui/atomsk or u just dont knwo me XD

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
well check out my results on the page...i mean i dunno if u heard of forte/m2k/snake/bum/nl/d1/inui/atomsk or u just dont knwo me XD
I don't know forte, nl, or you. Don't take it personally lol. I've seen videos of the others, though.

P.S. G.I.M.P.E.D. 1

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Sorry i meant School night.

Still. Dayumn.

im still ganna try to come.
Good stuff. Prizes are given out after each tournament, just in case the winners can't stick around8)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
hopefully this should be good espically since sundays aren't too popular but i'd prefer that way. which i can care less about school and powersleeping and what not lol.

thank god this place is next to jollibee's lmao.

edit: shouldnt doubles be first since, they seem to run the fastest and the most entertaining ones too? it's a better warmup than for brawl singles

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
hopefully this should be good espically since sundays aren't too popular but i'd prefer that way. which i can care less about school and powersleeping and what not lol.

thank god this place is next to jollibee's lmao.

edit: shouldnt doubles be first since, they seem to run the fastest and the most entertaining ones too? it's a better warmup than for brawl singles
I'm flexible when it comes to running the doubles tournaments first, but let me see if some people are okay with it;)

Top Bottom