• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
scar you should go, it will be cool. weve got lolmaster and ppl from rowan coming, ppl from all over philly, drexel, vex n xzax with velocity, and more.
bring your recording stuff, for some more electrifying scar combos, and i think ppl want the brawl+ tourney recorded since its the first brawl+ tourney like in the entire US lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the parade for the phillies winning the world series. ya know, stuff that isnt actually about a video game haha

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when m2k wins the national CoT il let loose a bunch of balloons with his name on it and every can parade around the room

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
then i wont release the balloons and ul owe me like $2.50 for it lol
but w/e have fun not getting first :)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No brawl until melee singles is over?!?! ~_~ gosh I don't think I'm coming then cause my melee skills are at the bottom. (no tech skill >_<)

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Phillies Parade > Smash Brothers the parade was the best thing that ever happened to this city.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Most people hated it, I didn't like it too much but I hate Brawl, I would play Brawl+ over Brawl but only because Captain Falcon can kind of combo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the overall reaction was negative, but some ppl liked it. a lot of ppl just *****ed about how its different, but no duh, thats the whole point. there were some really good matches i got saved on wiis which il have up in the somewhat near future. i love scar's brawl+ falcon lol. next time though (with the current brawl+ codes) metaknight is banned. he really is too broken now. the results were 1. m2k 2. emukiller 3. xzax - the only 3 metaknight mains there lol. seeding was random btw

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Brawl+ was kinda lame. I only wavedashed --> downsmashed once (xzax's head at which point exploded with amazement) and I don't think we recorded it. We're just too used to regular brawl to implement wavedashing in any of our matches, and I know I didn't bother with L-canceling but that is mostly cause I play metaknight who has no lag =-P.

Don't bother with Brawl+ videos. They aren't special.

EDIT: I think we should have more Brawl+ tournaments so that eventually there will be a Brawl+ power rankings and I can get known for being decent at something instead of just being an inactive bum =-/.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Brawl+ was kinda lame. I only wavedashed --> downsmashed once (xzax's head at which point exploded with amazement) and I don't think we recorded it. We're just too used to regular brawl to implement wavedashing in any of our matches, and I know I didn't bother with L-canceling but that is mostly cause I play metaknight who has no lag =-P.

Don't bother with Brawl+ videos. They aren't special.

EDIT: I think we should have more Brawl+ tournaments so that eventually there will be a Brawl+ power rankings and I can get known for being decent at something instead of just being an inactive bum =-/.

Somebody's head exploded? Why do all the good things happen when I'm not around? You guys...

Revven

FrankerZ
a lot of ppl just *****ed about how its different, but no duh, thats the whole point.
Well, they also probably *****ed because they weren't used to the changes. If you have the side tourneys more often for Brawl+ then eventually people will get used to the changes. I know it took me a few hours to get used to not AD'ing whenever I got hit, to Wavedash properly, and such. You can't expect people to like something they aren't used to yet, everything always get a bad response when changes are made so, holding it as a side is still good to do, even just to have it there for friendlies would be good too for those that want to get used to it and want to get better at them.

Brawl+ is a whole different ballpark compared to regular Brawl >_>.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Thats good, I was expecting only 10 because of the parade and it being Halloween.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
I find it utterly ******** that even with Brawl+, how broken MK is. It's never been done in the game before, I'm sure there's been much debate, but they should consider really giving him a soft ban. That way the comp stays good and you won't have these 'disenfranchised' players. That and I would probably stand a better chance at playing you dudes.

Yeah, son. . . I got this.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Yeah, you just spam Whorenado more than usual. You can't AD out of it, it has more hitstun, and you're heavier and thus less likely to DI out. If they happen to get out of your Whorenado, spam Uair.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I like brawl, but after friday i saw it kinda brought out the bad side of some people.
So i did play brawl and chilled with some cool people like E,u and Bnzaa.

But melee was way more fun.
lol.. excuse me brawl lover is cool as hell, triad's a beast, and scar's a lil peesha **** <3 . Velocity's mad cool to.
But some people who i won't name unless you assk me.(hint: scar told him to chill the **** out) are real *****.

Top Bottom