• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DS Symbol?

Captain_Waluigi

Smash Rookie
OK, something I'm wondering about. If they used a DS symbol to represent the PictoChat stage instead of the Smash symbol, does that mean we're going to see some other DS material later? Like, a stylus item that allows you to draw on the screen?

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
I believe so, really. I can't see them going about having an icon for something that won't have character representation.

Also, the stylus isn't too bad of an idea, ha. But what DS-only character would it be?

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it. They just wanted to save the Smash icon for Smash-exclusive stages.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I believe so, really. I can't see them going about having an icon for something that won't have character representation.

Also, the stylus isn't too bad of an idea, ha. But what DS-only character would it be?
Really now. Can you honestly say that you would see no problem with giving Smashville a Smash Bros. symbol?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
No, the icon will definitely have representation. It won't be something silly like Dr.Kawashima (he's a human for one, and two that would give him the Brain Age logo). A Mii is the number one candidate because the DS I guess represents Nintendo hardware (the DS icon looks better than putting a Wii).

Another potential DS rep is a stick figure. You don't draw him, he has pre-determined stats and moves. He attacks primarily with a Stylus (sword user lol). That would be extremely WTF!

I'd actually like a Mii rep with customizable faces. I'd stick Homer there is they has a Wii Sports moveset (Homer has boxed, bowled, played baseball, play tennis, and golfed). Homer v.s. Peter Griffin...EPIC!

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Really now. Can you honestly say that you would see no problem with giving Smashville a Smash Bros. symbol?
Not sure if I understand this? I said that the icons DO mean representation. An AC character will be in, no doubt. That's like saying C. Falcon is out, but they gave his assist trophy an icon.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Indeed, I see your point. It still is likely though that they would put in an AC rep. Why not? It is one of Nintendo's most recent IPs and it would be stupid for them to exclude him from Brawl. Seriously, when they sat down and decided which characters they'd want, an AC rep would come to mind pretty quickly.

85% says he's in Brawl.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. Levels have icons to represent them such as characters. Items and ATs wouldnt because there'd be waaay too many.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
There won't be a character and if there's a create-your-own-character it'll be the Miis...

Though no doubt connecting your DS to Brawl and then drawing a character for the game would be awesome.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
No, the icon will definitely have representation. It won't be something silly like Dr.Kawashima (he's a human for one, and two that would give him the Brain Age logo). A Mii is the number one candidate because the DS I guess represents Nintendo hardware (the DS icon looks better than putting a Wii).

Another potential DS rep is a stick figure. You don't draw him, he has pre-determined stats and moves. He attacks primarily with a Stylus (sword user lol). That would be extremely WTF!

I'd actually like a Mii rep with customizable faces. I'd stick Homer there is they has a Wii Sports moveset (Homer has boxed, bowled, played baseball, play tennis, and golfed). Homer v.s. Peter Griffin...EPIC!
Exactly why customizable Mii's should not be characters in Brawl.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Mii would be cool, he would use a moveset thats the same for every Mii, but he would look like one of the Mii's stored on your Wii.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
People look way to into this. It simply means that they made an icon for each stage in addition to character. Notice how they are on the stage selection screen.

Captain_Waluigi

Smash Rookie
Notice how every other stage that was based on something else has representation in characters (or Assist Trophies).

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
The DS icon might be used for Mii's, if they are in. Although if they are in they would be unlockable so we should expect an update on them soon.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Battlefield in Melee had a unique Icon that was not the generic Smash symbol.

I don't remember a Battlefield series character in that game.

Sooo... icons don't have to have character representation.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Dr. Lobe would be kind of a neat assist trophy, but what would he do? Confuse the characters to death?

Stylus for Brawl!

im just putting it out there as a possibility. Im pretty sure that the floating head dr. kawashima or whatever from the train your brain games would be an assist before dr. lobe. I mean hes kind of a blob... (bare with me here) he can like shoot equations and those number bubbles. Idk, its not completly impossible. Its actually kinda probable.

and the advance war tanks will prob have the ds symbol as well.

dude984

Smash Cadet
im just putting it out there as a possibility. Im pretty sure that the floating head dr. kawashima or whatever from the train your brain games would be an assist before dr. lobe. I mean hes kind of a blob... (bare with me here) he can like shoot equations and those number bubbles. Idk, its not completly impossible. Its actually kinda probable.

and the advance war tanks will prob have the ds symbol as well.
kinda like Andross, but with equations!
i would like to see him...it's just hard to imagine what he'd do...

hjihjihjihji

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-3014-8369
Stages have icons on the stage select screen. That's why.

Mii could represent Wii but here is no character to represent DS in this way. And Mii would not have a DS icon as it has never appeared on DS prior to Brawls release and probably never will.

There could be other DS representation but the only reason it gets a symbol is because of the stage.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Stages have icons on the stage select screen. That's why.

Mii could represent Wii but here is no character to represent DS in this way. And Mii would not have a DS icon as it has never appeared on DS prior to Brawls release and probably never will.

There could be other DS representation but the only reason it gets a symbol is because of the stage.

you dont know its just for the stage rocket... There are a few assist trophys straight from ds as well. That drill chick, the the tanks, prob alot more. Its not impossible at all for there to be a ds rep. Now im not saying, oh yea its def dr. lobe. Im just saying the train your brain games pretty much represent the ds. The games are extremely popular and grab most of the sales on the ds.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think that there's going to be a PictoChat character. If you look at the PictoChat logo, the o is a smiley face. I think that they'll give that face a body(he'll probably look like a stick figure) and call him Mr. PictoChat or something.

They're not gonna make up a character to be playable.

All content that falls under DS:

PictoChat
Nintendog
Barbara Bat
Wii Shop Channel Song
PictoChat Song
Brain Age Song
Mii Channel Song

Possible characters:

Dr. Lobe
Professor Layton
etc.