• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dry Bowser as Doc-like clone! (or Doc-like clones in general for DLC)

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hey, since we had :4drmario: bring back a heavily demanded move (the Tornado), why don't we have other characters that do the same? They wouldn't take a lot of effort on the part of the development team as they can recycle animations from the previous installments.

Let's start with Dry Bowser. While Doc brought back :mariomelee:'s moveset back, let's have Dry Bowser do the same for :bowsermelee:.

He could bring back the slow, reptilian moveset that Bowser lost in SSB4. Complete with more use of claws and headbutts and less conventional punches and kicks. Of course, this would mean several buffs to the originally subpar moveset, like tons of flinch armor, for one. And of course, KOOPA KLAW.

So here's an obligatory special set:
  • :GCB:: Dark Breath: Dry Bowser breathes out flames of darkness (would fit better with his undead motif than fire). Functionally identical to Bowser's Fire Breath.
    • Custom 1: Dark Shot: Releases large dark ball that passes through enemies (Same as Bowser).
    • Custom 2: Dark Roar: More range, but loses it quicker and recharges slower (Same as Bowser).
  • :GCR::GCB:: Bone Claw: Dry Bowser does a powerful swipe of his claw. Further opponents get hit with a moderately strong attack, but close opponents are grabbed while Dry Bowser bites them.
    • Custom 1: Wide Claw: Increases the range of the claw strike, but removes the grab and does slightly less damage.
    • Custom 2: Flying Slam: Functionally similar to :4bowser:'s Flying Slam (a bone [pun intended] to Brawl fans).
  • :GCU::GCB:: Whirling Fortress: Dry Bowser spins in his shell to gain height. Unlike Bowser's, it gains less height and distance, but the entire shell can deflect weak projectiles (Bowser's can only block from the top of the shell).
    • Custom 1: Flying Fortress: More height, less distance.
    • Custom 2: Sliding Fortress: More distance, less height.
  • :GCD::GCB:: Bowser Bomb: Dry Bowser does a Ground Pound. Creates a shockwave on the ground.
    • Custom 1: Turbulent Bomb: Pushes opponents away on impact (same as Bowser).
    • Custom 2: Slip Bomb: The shockwave trips opponents (same as Bowser).

Any other ideas for Doc-like clones? Let's hear it!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Dark Pit.
Oh wait.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Roy or Leif or somebody bringing back Marth/Roy's Melee moveset, like the more timing-based sspec.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Dark Pit.
Oh wait.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Roy or Leif or somebody bringing back Marth/Roy's Melee moveset, like the more timing-based sspec.
I agree. Dark Pit should've had Angel Ring, Pandora Wings (Wings of Icarus), and Mirror of Truth (Mirror Shield). At least then he'd have a point.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Black Shadow could be added to bring back Ganondorf's Brawl moveset after they decloned him

Oh wait

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Dr. Luigi is fairly obvious. Lucas and Wolf make sense. Dixie Kong to Diddy. Proto Man to Mega Man. Tails to Sonic. Tom Nook to Villager (and his final smash, a bunch of villagers build the house). Hilda to Zelda. Impa to Sheik. Gooey to Kirby.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Dry Bowser could work like Melee/Brawl Bowser. I support 100%.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All of these options just make me a little sad...

Sceptile as a weightier Greninja, with altered specials that switch the ninja theme for 'healing' motif. And ability to wall cling.

Junpei

Smash Rookie
You want Ganon to be decloned but you want to have more clones?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Just vote for Ganon. Ganondorf is the clone. Ganon can be the badass pig mage we've always wanted.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really I think it should just be an alternate costume

They should release alternate costume DLC

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Don't forget Dry Bowser's side-smash!

I, personally, think that Dry Bowser's default standard special should be the Dark Roar (using a blue aura effect), to add more difference. It would also emphasize on the brute-like differences between Bowser and Dry Bowser.

I would also very much like to see a different Final Smash: I had in mind a copy of Pit's and King Dedede's final Smash, where Dry Bowser could summon Dry Bones, Boos, etc, while he, himself, gets a Mega Mushroom boost for a li'l bit.

This discussion is a clever idea, I oppose to Lucina and Pittoo as clones, but LOVE semi-clones.

Impa to Sheik.
Hey, that Impa's a good idea! If it weren't for the limitations that removed the chain, I'd totally be for it!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Don't forget Dry Bowser's side-smash!

I, personally, think that Dry Bowser's default standard special should be the Dark Roar (using a blue aura effect), to add more difference. It would also emphasize on the brute-like differences between Bowser and Dry Bowser.

I would also very much like to see a different Final Smash: I had in mind a copy of Pit's and King Dedede's final Smash, where Dry Bowser could summon Dry Bones, Boos, etc, while he, himself, gets a Mega Mushroom boost for a li'l bit.

This discussion is a clever idea, I oppose to Lucina and Pittoo as clones, but LOVE semi-clones.

Hey, that Impa's a good idea! If it weren't for the limitations that removed the chain, I'd totally be for it!
My other Impa clone idea is similar to Ganondorf being a wtf clone of Falcon, Impa could be one of Greninja. They both do ninja techniques. Just replace the twin water sword moves with a naginata move. The teleporting with smoke bombs, counters (Only use the log, don't use substitute), ninja kicks, and even magical growing shuriken (just slap a triforce on the points) all feed well for Impa.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
They could add Galacta Knight to represent Brawl Meta Knight. Except, nerfed a bit.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
what in gods name....
you guys all need to remember that these DLC characters are characters that are handpicked from nintendo's money tree and has to cater to all sides in order for them to make a profit. When the fake rayman leak happened people in America were pumped but the people in Japan were completely uninterested in him due to the fact that nobody knew him.
When Roy was announced there was like a 80/20 split on people complaining that a clone was coming back as DLC rather than a new fleshed out character. However he was luigified and for the most part everyone calmed down. I really doubt anybody but a small minority of people will actually enjoy the inclusion of another clone character.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Something I would like to see, that likely isn't possible, is a return of Brawl's/Project M's Olimar, with the random plucking, the increased quantity - and most importantly, that up-special I loved so much. Perhaps they could move the Smash 4 moveset to Alph.
:olimar:

Quillion

Smash Hero
what in gods name....
you guys all need to remember that these DLC characters are characters that are handpicked from nintendo's money tree and has to cater to all sides in order for them to make a profit. When the fake rayman leak happened people in America were pumped but the people in Japan were completely uninterested in him due to the fact that nobody knew him.
When Roy was announced there was like a 80/20 split on people complaining that a clone was coming back as DLC rather than a new fleshed out character. However he was luigified and for the most part everyone calmed down. I really doubt anybody but a small minority of people will actually enjoy the inclusion of another clone character.
Which is why this clone has Bowser's old animations from Melee. Some people don't like the way Bowser was done in Smash U.

Top Bottom