• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drop Kicking--SPIKE FOUND! Vid Soon

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
I thought spike= your dead cant recover from. and only 5 (i think) characters have them

Meteor smash= can be meteor canceled with a third jump.
and brawl has no spikes everything can be meteor canceled.

so shouldnt this be titled meteor smash found?
i think it just depends on who you're talking too

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
i think it just depends on who you're talking too
?????
Here just so I can make myself clear.

Go to melee. Play marth and get someone else to play whoever. Get him off the edge and do a Dair. They will be hurled to their doom and can't do anything about it.

Now play yoshi vs whoever. Have yoshi Fair them off the stage and they can recover using an up b.

But in brawl spikes dont exist every character can cancel them. Making them meteor smashes. Unless i really missed something.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
?????
Here just so I can make myself clear.

Go to melee. Play marth and get someone else to play whoever. Get him off the edge and do a Dair. They will be hurled to their doom and can't do anything about it.

Now play yoshi vs whoever. Have yoshi Fair them off the stage and they can recover using an up b.

But in brawl spikes dont exist every character can cancel them. Making them meteor smashes. Unless i really missed something.
i mean, these terms are all made up by fans though
some people say theres a difference, some people don't (especially since its brawl and you can't do those melee spikes anymore)

Mmac

Smash Lord
I call them Spikes because it's just simpler to say. I know there was a difference in Melee between the two, they're all the same now in Brawl.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay I'm back from a piece of crap school day.

The stage is[/is] what gets the spike to almost irrecoverable, the spike i had been questioning earlier on was like an easter egg. But the normal FF Nair spike was a very slow downward, this one (on FD and all nuetral stages, working best on SV and FD) immeadietely pushes them oblivion. It is almost impossible to recover if at all.

So here is how you do it:

When your enemy is on the ledge grabbing at a lower 100% damage ratio, or higher, come down on their side facing away from the stage with a FF nair. It oushes them with a nice force into the stage and sends them flying down. (Or on YI which sends them at a 30 degree declining angle)

I can get this spike every time it is very simple and very effective. It also works with lower percentages but i didn't want to through that out there for a trial. I'm was talking to Scat last night (haven't checked PMs today) and we were talking about him setting up a vid. But as for right now it could be a little bit later on tonight.

Frown

poekmon
Man, I love the Yoshi boards.

Are you sure this spike is better than fair or dair?

EDIT: I heard the only real spikes are Diddy's upB and Luigi's down taunt.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's easier to land by far. The force of the spike is dependent on what they're percentage.

NOTE: In the replays I'm sending to scat for the vid, I DJ'd but you don't need to, my aim was off and didn't want to mess up.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
can't the grabbing edge spike be done with pretty much any air move cause I know I just nip people off the edge with down air all the time idk maybe its just N air and D air if you want to try it with D air do it I'm pretty sure it works as well

In my this vid at 3:04-3:10 is kind of what im talking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H40DPWW_YA

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
wow, that pretty sick.
did you try this w/ other characters though (the ones with sex kicks)

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Ok so it is just a stage spike. I'd just like to add that this can be teched.

bigman40

Smash Master
It's easier to land by far. The force of the spike is dependent on what they're percentage.

NOTE: In the replays I'm sending to scat for the vid, I DJ'd but you don't need to, my aim was off and didn't want to mess up.
Did you look at my thread? I have a new FC chaco, and I have to re add yours too >_<

Chaco

Never Logs In
Scat Wii numbers are different. XD Ah...**** do I have to add your Brawl FC to. Piss.

And Yoshi Bomb, not even close to what this looks like. Well not really.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Piss it wasn't showing up, well I'mma send them now then.

In the new vid i show the stage spike first then show the FF Nair.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DP eh....you still didn't show up...I PM'd MMac, but no response yet...since your off I'mma see if i can get it up sooner...I've held out long enough. If MMac can't, can anyone else record?

bigman40

Smash Master
DP eh....you still didn't show up...I PM'd MMac, but no response yet...since your off I'mma see if i can get it up sooner...I've held out long enough. If MMac can't, can anyone else record?
Sry bout that. I had some problems that came up. I'm adding your wii code now

Chaco

Never Logs In
K. I'll send it to you instead of Mmac then. @_@

But thanks for doing it for me.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
This isn't really related, but I used Nair to edgeguard (melee style) a Lucario beautifully.

Allow me to explain: I rolled to the edge, back facing out, then the Lucario player tried to up-B from below to the ledge. Then, I short hopped and Nair'd IMMEDIATLY and it somehow bounced him off the wall and sent him careening to his demise. Essentially what had happened was I intercepted his ledge-grab without leaving the stage.

Can anyone elaborate?

Chaco

Never Logs In
The bouncing off the wall is what this does. Its a FF nair while they are already on the ledge.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really related, but I used Nair to edgeguard (melee style) a Lucario beautifully.

Allow me to explain: I rolled to the edge, back facing out, then the Lucario player tried to up-B from below to the ledge. Then, I short hopped and Nair'd IMMEDIATLY and it somehow bounced him off the wall and sent him careening to his demise. Essentially what had happened was I intercepted his ledge-grab without leaving the stage.

Can anyone elaborate?
It's called a stage spike.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
So they get hit off the ledge by the FF nair and they hit the bottom of the stage and die?

Mmac

Smash Lord
It basically sends them completely horizontal. Because of the stage is a 45 degree angle, it ricochets off that angle sending them 90* downwards. Think of it like DK Cargo's spike

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Actually, what I'm trying to say is that he didn't even grab the edge, observe this diagram:

``````````````Y
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::`\
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::``\
``````````````````L

The Y is yoshi and the L is Lucario. He was in his upB, and I was just casually standing on the stage when I SHed a Nair (Nairing as soon as possible without a FF). He wasn't even close to me and he didn't even grab the edge. It prevented him from sweetspotting. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm just saying with this they do grab the ledge.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh I just dair'd then...no spike there. The very ending I messed up and dair'd instead of doing the FF nair.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
The Y is yoshi and the L is Lucario. He was in his upB, and I was just casually standing on the stage when I SHed a Nair (Nairing as soon as possible without a FF). He wasn't even close to me and he didn't even grab the edge. It prevented him from sweetspotting. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
It's called failure on the Lucario's part.

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol wow...nvm Chaco. My mod codes were messing with the replay you sent. XD So, it looked like you were infinite jumping all the way into the corner of the stage to kill yourself. I'll get it up tonite.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah man, I know. I did it to DarkLeviathan. He said he made said face: O_O;

Top Bottom