• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dribbling

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me i should learn to do this. I tried to but rather then picking up the naner diddy turned around and jabbed. Can somebody give me in depth instructions, with exactly what buttons i press as well as the move on how to do this?

Also i know how to do the naner choke and I can glide toss consistently. Any important "must know" techniques for diddy users?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Glide toss down, facing away from opponent, grab banana, repeat.

So

down-B, grab nana, glide toss down, a ;glide toss down, a, repeat.

SCRATCH ALL OF THAT

ok, heres a better way....

Face the opposite direction of way you want to dribble towards.

Glide toss down-b in that direction, then press A right before the throw animation stops.

Count

Smash Champion
I personally find double dribbling easier than dribbling, so you might consider practicing that first? When I am dribbling poorly I find it is because I am not pressing a soon enough after I throw the nana down with the cstick, but that could just be me.

Hopefully that helped a tiny bit.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Someone told me i should learn to do this. I tried to but rather then picking up the naner diddy turned around and jabbed. Can somebody give me in depth instructions, with exactly what buttons i press as well as the move on how to do this?

Also i know how to do the naner choke and I can glide toss consistently. Any important "must know" techniques for diddy users?
Ok, so i've been around the diddy boards for a while now because I really want to get good with him. I would've made a new thread but found this one instead, which says everything I was going to.

I CANNOT DRIBBLE. Its very frustrating...I've been practicing and trying to find new ways to do it but I just can't. I've tried looking for vids (i saw ninjalink's but there is no explanation :/) and i have been looking for a while for an easy to follow system of doing it but I can't.

Part of it may be my lack of expierience with the diddy terms you guys use. But every explanation I have seen has not helped me :/

Glide toss down, facing away from opponent, grab banana, repeat.

So

down-B, grab nana, glide toss down, a ;glide toss down, a, repeat.

SCRATCH ALL OF THAT

ok, heres a better way....

Face the opposite direction of way you want to dribble towards.

Glide toss down-b in that direction, then press A right before the throw animation stops.
I have not gotten down glide tossing yet...but then again I haven't worked on it very hard. I'll try this when I get glide tossing down. Thanks.

If anyone, ANYONE has any other explanations of how to dribble, step by step, please post. Call me a scrub if you want. A Diddy noob. I don't care 'cause its true lol. Thats why I'm asking for help.

Thanks to anyone who even bothers with helping me. ;)

SuSa

Ok, so i've been around the diddy boards for a while now because I really want to get good with him. I would've made a new thread but found this one instead, which says everything I was going to.

I CANNOT DRIBBLE. Its very frustrating...I've been practicing and trying to find new ways to do it but I just can't. I've tried looking for vids (i saw ninjalink's but there is no explanation :/) and i have been looking for a while for an easy to follow system of doing it but I can't.

Part of it may be my lack of expierience with the diddy terms you guys use. But every explanation I have seen has not helped me :/

I have not gotten down glide tossing yet...but then again I haven't worked on it very hard. I'll try this when I get glide tossing down. Thanks.

If anyone, ANYONE has any other explanations of how to dribble, step by step, please post. Call me a scrub if you want. A Diddy noob. I don't care 'cause its true lol. Thats why I'm asking for help.

Thanks to anyone who even bothers with helping me. ;)
Dribbling is glide tossing last time I checked, you do a glide toss left/right and throw down, then re-pick the banana and glide toss left/right and throw down, and repeat.

If your having problems dribbling, and you cannot glide toss, it's because dribbling IS glide tossing.

Glide tossing for Diddy is VERY easy to time (at least for me, Peach/Wario/ZSS/GaW timing is hard for me)

Hold L, press left/right, hit C-stick in a direction before your roll animation begins. You just glide tossed. To dribble, roll left, c-stick down, a, roll left, c-stick down, a (roll does not mean actually roll... lol more like glide toss)

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Dribbling is glide tossing last time I checked, you do a glide toss left/right and throw down, then re-pick the banana and glide toss left/right and throw down, and repeat.

If your having problems dribbling, and you cannot glide toss, it's because dribbling IS glide tossing.

Glide tossing for Diddy is VERY easy to time (at least for me, Peach/Wario/ZSS/GaW timing is hard for me)

Hold L, press left/right, hit C-stick in a direction before your roll animation begins. You just glide tossed. To dribble, roll left, c-stick down, a, roll left, c-stick down, a (roll does not mean actually roll... lol more like glide toss)
OHHH dribbling is glide tossing...

Hey thanks man...that didn't take very long for a reply lol. I'm gonna work on that as soon as I get the chance.

:coolmonke

So, the roll animations can't even be seen, right? Like, it looks like there was never a roll because it gets canceled, right?

SuSa

Hey thanks man...that didn't take very long for a reply lol. I'm gonna work on that as soon as I get the chance.

So, the roll animations can't even be seen, right? Like, it looks like there was never a roll because it gets canceled, right?
Practice pressing L then left then immediatly C-sticking any direction. thats basically the timing =p not at the SAME time, but RIGHT after it.

And I browse the char forums from 3pm to 8pm going from Diddy, Lucas, Lucario, Pit, then Sheik =p so you'll see me often.

However I don't post extremely often :s

Martial

Smash Apprentice

I'm just going to take a moment here to debunk a misconception I've seen crop up on these forums a couple of times before: dribbling is NOT the same as glide tossing. Dribbling is a specific technique that heavily utilises glide tossing, but the two are not synonymous. To dribble, you glide toss down, immediately pick up your banana, and glide toss down again in the same direction, moving you quickly across the stage. Glide tossing is simply canceling a roll animation into a throw in any direction.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Exactly, Diddy slides in whatever direction you toss.
Practice pressing L then left then immediatly C-sticking any direction. thats basically the timing =p not at the SAME time, but RIGHT after it.

And I browse the char forums from 3pm to 8pm going from Diddy, Lucas, Lucario, Pit, then Sheik =p so you'll see me often.

However I don't post extremely often :s
Ok thanks guys. I'm workin on it. And yeah hopefully I see you around Havokk haha.

I'm just going to take a moment here to debunk a misconception I've seen crop up on these forums a couple of times before: dribbling is NOT the same as glide tossing. Dribbling is a specific technique that heavily utilises glide tossing, but the two are not synonymous. To dribble, you glide toss down, immediately pick up your banana, and glide toss down again in the same direction, moving you quickly across the stage. Glide tossing is simply canceling a roll animation into a throw in any direction.
Yeah I see what you mean. Thats pretty much what I thought/meant: a combonation of glide tosses but not specifically glide tossing. I just said it 'is the same' because I didn't understand that glide tossing was how you go about doing it at first.

What purposes do you use dribbling for? What specific mindgames can be implemented and such?

Trapt497

Smash Ace
lol of course showing off, why didn't i think of that. thanks kaptain! *salutes*

anything else?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Can you single dribble forward? I haven't done it, but I can do it backwards. Double dribbling is pretty easy, but its gonna take a while for me to use it effectively in matches.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Oh thats good, that means I dont have to waste time practicing it. I just used the Double dribble to get a F Smash KO. Im getting the hang of it.

Top Bottom