• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Dr. Mario Social Thread - Witches? Dragons?...I've seen worse walk into my office.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sounds like laziness to me.
It pretty much is. Or a straight up lie, considering he said they built every character in Sm4sh from scratch.

I mean, I understand deadlines, but you'd think the "most requested character in the world" would get a bit of priority on a 51 character roster.

I can definitely see Doc being a super easy choice though, considering he was probably initially an alt, and easy to just adjust values from Mario's moveset and add some fresh paint to certain things.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
It's hard to develop alternate movesets for mewtwo. And any of you should know that Nintendo hates when it has to copy old material usually. They hate making ports of zelda games on 3ds and they hate having to copy a character from melee and put them in smash 4. It's ridiculously hard to create a new moveset for mewtwo that would be better than what he already had. And it's harder to make alt moves for all of his specials. Take that into account.

It's easier for Doc since he's already considered a clone and can take a lot from mario's alternate moves and just replace them fireballs with pills and a better down B.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
When I get this game(on release day) I am going to unlock Doc first and head straight into the combo lab with him. He's gonna be quite different than Mario with D-Throw being different and with UTilt having more knockback, but I'll find stuff! I'm already doing combo theory(stuff like falling Uair into utilt against someone on the ground, etc.). I'll share all I can find.

Mad hype for this character, he looks like Hard Mode Mario to play in comparison though, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
Is it strange that I like Dr. Mario more than Dark Pit?
Nah, man. While Doc didn't have much, he certainly did have SOME fan support. Dark Pit had a fair bit more move potential than what was realized, if KI:U fans aren't just messing with me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm actually looking forward to using Doc this time around. Though I don't know if I'm gonna have him as one of my top 3 characters. So far, I was just going with Mario, Mega Man(I'm more hyped after the demo) and Fox.

Then again, Doc does have the Tornado. So that might sway me back into using him.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually looking forward to using Doc this time around. Though I don't know if I'm gonna have him as one of my top 3 characters. So far, I was just going with Mario, Mega Man(I'm more hyped after the demo) and Fox.

Then again, Doc does have the Tornado. So that might sway me back into using him.
Yeah, I agree. I'll test him along with the rest of the characters to decide who's going to be my main.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just unlocked Dr. Mario today. I'm not gonna lie: it took me 3 tries to finally beat him.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
i love dr.mario also alot of people said they were sad dr.mario came back because hes just "mario in a doctors costume" correct me if im wrong but isnt zero suit samus just samus outside of her suit and remember she has her own character slot now

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
dr.mario well hes how mario used to play having his old down aerial his old down b and his loveable vitamins and he is still stronger than mario from what ive seen im not dissapointed im happy

D

Deleted member

Well, after playing the 3DS game and trying out Dr. Mario, I can say he's a pretty good character. Slower than Mario, but more powerful.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, I'm new to this board but since there were no topic to introduce ourself I'm doing it here.
I'm a french SSB player and I've decided to main both Marios in this game before its release. Blablabla, you know the thing c:

I love Doc just because of his % trading power and this Up-B OoS godlike kill option.B But at midrange he may have some troubles, what do you guys think ?

plasterbrain

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2766-8372-1941
I actually wasn't mad about Dr. Mario because I thought he was much easier to handle than actual Mario in Melee.
DARK PIT, HOWEVER. DARK PIT IS NOT VIRIDI.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
The only issue I have with Doc is the nerfed recovery, everything else is what I want in a mario.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hey, you know that one of Dr. Mario's victory taunts, where he does that chin rub? Does anybody else call that the chin rub of death?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So Dr. Mario is basically Mario relieving his glory days from the original Smash Bros. game and Melee.

Top Bottom