• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Light Capsule - Video and Critique Thread

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Thought this was worth sharing got a 0-death on Bayo off the top. Serves OP Bayo right! From an anthers ladder match btw

Not sure if they just whiffed an attack or what but it made them think twice about doing that again.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I keep hearing that if she does it right, and gets you with the up B directly from below you, you can't escape, so she probably messed up.

That said HAHAHAHAAHAHAH AWESOME.
Enjoy the top blastzone now you ***** XD

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Hey guys, finally finished my monster combo video. It's not so much a usual video, it's a concept video. I made it mostly for fun so I don't expect it to appeal to everyone who likes smash, but I hope it would appeal to all my fellow Mega Mains! I know you can handle the longer version xD please give it a try.

43 minutes

I also made a stripped down version that removes all the pellet only stuff and leaves only the best clips.

18 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmgSbwwBh3g

I started this video in December and pushed hard the last week to finish it up. Would love feedback and please share the crap out of it : ) both versions to be safe.

One of my favorites is the Turnip glide toss bair kill and the DK CB>footstool(the final DK clip). Enjoy!
Well I watched it. Wow that was a lot of clips. It was entertaining but I gotta say your selection of Bowsers were pretty bad.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Two matches from a small tourney i went last weekend. Very few people went there, but i had the chance to face a very good Yoshi and our top MK Player.

I don't think i played really well, also got really predictable with ftilt> falling uair attempts, and by game 3 against yoshi i just fell appart, but still it was nice to learn more about him.

MK, i really don't know how to escape his uair>up B combos. I heard it was nerfed but i still got killed pretty easily, can we even DI out of that?

Oh, and the MK match had a very, very satisfying moment on game 1, just a heads up XD

Won against a Kirby/Lucas, but the player mostly plays PM so i don't really think i need to post the video.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Sori, the most important thing for you is to learn how to shoot pellets. You will enjoy a lot more success then.
What controller are you on? I have played both on wii pro and since a year on the gamecube controller. Its easy on both. But it looks like people still don't know how to do the pellet techs.

Regarding the up air up b strings I don't know, have only played for glory meta knights that like to do b specials all the time since patch.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Sori, the most important thing for you is to learn how to shoot pellets. You will enjoy a lot more success then.
What controller are you on? I have played both on wii pro and since a year on the gamecube controller. Its easy on both. But it looks like people still don't know how to do the pellet techs.

Regarding the up air up b strings I don't know, have only played for glory meta knights that like to do b specials all the time since patch.
Yeah, i've been getting better with short hop pellets, but in here is the same as all my tournament matches: a little bit of pressure and my gameplay falls appart. Still i don't think i've been using them properly even when i'm doing ok, gonna practice that some more this weekend.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Oh yeah, saw some of his stuff, i actually commented to him that my Mega seems like a freaking stone compared to his.
The way he moves, waves in and out of the opponent range is amazing.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Yea he is really good.

I made a nice remix to trick stupid bayo players that they are watching a new bayo 0-death combo lol

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Anyone know a higher up on the smash boards that could make this an april fools post for bayo mains thinking there is a new 0- death lol?

Megamang

Smash Lord
Speaking of that clip, does anyone have a stream or youtube link of the tournament where he won, preferably a playlist or group of games? I wanna watch some scatt but all I can find is older stuff, im sure he's evolving at a rate fast enough I might not want to watch only old stuff...

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
search youtube for scant. Then press the filter options and put most recent. And you will find the clips.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Still older video than the oddshot, I want those tournaments.

I know how to operate youtube.

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
Some more recent Ninjalink Megaman footage.

He goes Megaman games 2 and 3. There is also a match from the same tournament as this video where NInjalink loses to a Bayonetta with Megaman but Its unlisted and I don't know if its supposed to be shared.

Only game one is Megaman

Games one and two are Megaman

Games two and three of set one are Megaman

Doubles

Megamang

Smash Lord
You were fighting him horizontally, which is what he wants. I think you'd be well off to try and get him off the ledge more. Even if you don't convert ledge stuff to gimps, its a great time to rack up damage. Ftilt ftilt nair to knock mac back offstage is a really nice pressure string at the ledge, and you don't have to commit to the nair unless your ftilts are hitting. Otherwise, backing up to safety is improved since you are moving towards the centre of the stage, instead of towards the edges. This would prevent things like ftilt killing you annoyingly early.

Don't land next to him. You were good about it for the most part, but he still got some fsmash kills that he shouldn't have.

I find leaf shield really nice in this MU. Ill throw a lot of leaf shields, until they start prompting shields (the two hits knock mac up really high and usually allow for a followup if they hit, if not they are at least safe unless you threw it way too close). Once they see leaf shields and use their own shield, I start either doing things like Z drop pressure if I have the luxury and feel it will work, otherwise I just go for dashgrabs into throws. In general, I get a lot of mileage from bthrow/fthrow mixups, u throws, all followed by rising bair or falling uair, or FHFAir -> Uair chains. Anything to keep him off the ground.

You can also float out with him, and threaten bair... wait for the counter, then punish with bair. Otherwise, just let him plummet. You did alright with covering the ledge with dair, but I think going out after him will get you more milage in the MU, because you can force a 50/50 and start making real reads on him, eventually you'll win more offstage than not.

Single pellets are annoying for him to deal with, he generally wants to be attacking and not shielding. I like your fullhop metal blade downwards, yet sometimes they left your vulnerable. Mac can super armor thru them, making them a liability. I'd rather get my kills from bthrow leading to bad situations.

Again, ftilt nair is amazing vs mac and sends him to a bad spot.

I have some trouble with the MU as well, his reward is just way higher than ours so we need some rock solid consistency. Regardless, these are my thoughts, and what generally lets me beat Mac's around my skill level. Best of luck.

Peabnut Bubber

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peabnut124
3DS FC
2449-4746-6273
You're really good and I like your movement. When you have a second, can you share what control's are?

Thank you!
Prior to that tourney, I had been using the 3DS. Now I use a Wii U Pro and I use the regular control scheme except I have both L triggers set to grab and both R triggers set to shield, and tap jump is off.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Prior to that tourney, I had been using the 3DS. Now I use a Wii U Pro and I use the regular control scheme except I have both L triggers set to grab and both R triggers set to shield, and tap jump is off.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if your ability was because of some unique control scheme. But, it seems that that isn't the case and you just are really good. :)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hi guys! OK has a Megaman named Zurge that has been getting significantly better over time. Now that I'm going to more of his town's weeklies, we're often fighting in finals sets. I was hoping if any of y'all had some pointers to give his Megaman for basic play, or just the Robin (and Tink) MUs specifically, to help him improve.

For clarity, he has beaten the Toon Link more than twice, but has beaten the Robin only once.

I'll link more videos Zurge from the Arkansas state monthly once his videos are uploaded, unless someone responds, in which case I'll have a new post to separate them. Zurge and I had another set in that monthly, that went to last stock last hit, though it wasn't recorded.

Thanks a bunch!

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
He needs to learn the pellet strings and to learn not to let up on stage control after he gets them off stage. biggest improvements will come from this.

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
Scatt's matches from Pound 2016 on VGBC

EDIT More Scatt play from Fusion

Edit: Had to re-upload these three

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Forgot to post this here, one set I had from a regional weeks ago. Was doing quite well for the first half of the day and even beat a PR Member, but my luck ran out when this happened and I lost the next set after this too. Don't have any other recent videos of my MM, so this was all I could use.

To be honest, I was very reluctant from having to switch to MM after getting bodied with Greninja and he is still my least favorite of my 3 characters. But because the majority of my tournament wins still come from him and I still want a few wins every now and then, I don't think it would be in my best interest to drop him right this minute.

But it just hit me that things have been feeling pretty stale whenever I play him nowadays, and I was thinking maybe if I can just find what I need to to work on next or something new my gameplay could use, my enjoyment in this character might come back (currently working on Ftilt to Nair, Jab Locks, and Rush Shenanigans), along with actually playing his source games and attempting to connect with the character a little better. So I come asking for advice again to improve my game, and thanks in advance as always.

(Skip to game 2 and onwards, my first match used Greninja instead)

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Forgot to post this here, one set I had from a regional weeks ago. Was doing quite well for the first half of the day and even beat a PR Member, but my luck ran out when this happened and I lost the next set after this too. Don't have any other recent videos of my MM, so this was all I could use.

To be honest, I was very reluctant from having to switch to MM after getting bodied with Greninja and he is still my least favorite of my 3 characters. But because the majority of my tournament wins still come from him and I still want a few wins every now and then, I don't think it would be in my best interest to drop him right this minute.

But it just hit me that things have been feeling pretty stale whenever I play him nowadays, and I was thinking maybe if I can just find what I need to to work on next or something new my gameplay could use, my enjoyment in this character might come back (currently working on Ftilt to Nair, Jab Locks, and Rush Shenanigans), along with actually playing his source games and attempting to connect with the character a little better. So I come asking for advice again to improve my game, and thanks in advance as always.

(Skip to game 2 and onwards, my first match used Greninja instead)
That kinda reminds me about how I feel towards Sonic, my third ringer. As much as I love playing as him, I don't have as much fun as him as I do with Megs and Kirbs.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, been awhile since I posted some vids. Feel free to post any thoughts on things well done or things I need to work on, or any other comments! With that said, here's the content!

SFW #37: Smasher1001(Megaman) vs Ksev(fox) Winners Semis!

SFW #37: Smasher1001(Mario/Megaman) vs Nom(Corrin) Winners Finals!(game 3 megaman)

SFW #37: Smasher1001(Megaman) vs Lourich(Sonic) Losers Finals!

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
So Kamemushi showed that footstool combos are legit and viable and Mega Mans best punish OOS when holding a blade. He lands these combos almost every other game. So if you haven't got these down start practicing them.

I will leave you with this to help get more creative with them after you learn the basic combo.

Shoutout to DMG Mattyg for this insane gameplay!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sl7QojGnWs

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Not exactly competitive stuff but.... what the hell? I know For Glory people suck ftmp, but this guy actuallly got away doing this challenge and beat them? Inhis is both the most impressive and the most embarrassing thing I've seen all day. He even won only by using Rush Coil and no grabs.

He made a mistake with the yellow/black color though, Usmash in this game is based on Spark Shock from MM3 (not Thunder Beam like the vid says, Elec Man already uses it as an assist trophy) and that turned you pink/orange and white. This color turns you into Top Spin's so he should've been using Dash Attack instead.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
That is the best combo video I have seen. There hasn't been anything close to that level of gameplay either.

Wreck33

Smash Journeyman
Nope, that is the pinnacle by far! Mattyg is a beast obviously and a new smasher at that! Hopefully he ditches cloud for the superior Mega Man completely. Good to know is that if you block an unsafe aerial the footstool drop combo is guaranteed!! It forces the footstool animation and the jablock is guaranteed. From the normal getup you can do tons of cool stuff if you have the tech skill down as shown in the video : ).

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Not exactly competitive stuff but.... what the hell? I know For Glory people suck ftmp, but this guy actuallly got away doing this challenge and beat them? Inhis is both the most impressive and the most embarrassing thing I've seen all day. He even won only by using Rush Coil and no grabs.

He made a mistake with the yellow/black color though, Usmash in this game is based on Spark Shock from MM3 (not Thunder Beam like the vid says, Elec Man already uses it as an assist trophy) and that turned you pink/orange and white. This color turns you into Top Spin's so he should've been using Dash Attack instead.
If that's the video I'm thinking of, then I already commented on his mistakes.

"His last color (black/yellow) is Top Spin though. Up smash is Spark Shock which turned Mega Man Pink/White. Red/Yellow is Flame Sword only. For default (stage one challenge!) you should be able to use pellets, fsmash, utilt, and dtilt. Red/White would be the same except no fsmash."

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
S smasher1001 those sets are great man. I really like the zdrop to grab I usually do that but hit them with a back air and they just stay in shield, it's nice when they don't though.

One thing I saw you could of gone for more is if they are right on the ledge if you lemon them and walk off the edge while they get pushed off with the last pellet you can get a quick bair stage spike. It usually catches ppl off guard and you can get some early gimps off it. You hit them off stage several times with a pellet string and it's a great follow up.

JesusMorpheus

Smash Cadet
NNID
omar0320
3DS FC
1435-4404-0742
Hey fellow Mega Mains! I went to my local yesterday and i had to fight Prince Ramen during my second round. One of the best Palutenas in the world. Was a pretty hard matchup. Probably due to inexperience but there's always next time! But i would appreciate any input from you guys! The main things i can tell from watching it myself is i should shoot lemons more and to be on point with my spacing in the air.

https://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/66083061

My match starts at about 1:15:00

Top Bottom