• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Light Capsule - Video and Critique Thread

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

Peabnut Bubber

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peabnut124
3DS FC
2449-4746-6273
Can anyone record 3ds footage? I'm at the top of the 3ds ladder on Anther's Ladder and I feel I can share some crucial stuff with you all.

D

Deleted member

Whoa! I just played against the best Pac-Man I've ever played. His name was Piff, and I ran into him on For Glory. We played about 4 matches and I recorded 2.
I HAD to record them because his setups were absolutely insane. Most of the time I had no idea what to expect from his traps.
He's currently streaming on Twitch under the description: #BestPacU.S.

Here are two of our matches:

Here's a combo video of his, to show you his skill. I was very impressed by him!

I felt he was a bit campy in our games, but people say that's how Pac is supposed to be played?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
[YTB]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yPeLM0HLZ2k[/YTB] what do you think of my playstile in this battle?
Go for more Dthrow combos, use Crash Bomber and SHFF Uair more often, bait air dodge more and punish them and be better about your landing options (you tend to Bair when landing back A LOT). You also respect Mario's reflector more since you went for quite a few hard knuckles, Fsmashes, and z-dropped metal blades; if the Mario knew t was possible to reflect these it could've been fatal. Both of you were also rolling a ton, and you were rarely punishing his, and you let him recover back to the stage too easily. Mario's recovery is weak and goes a terrible distance, hit him after his double jump and he is not likely to make a comeback.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Hey guys so I just did a "How to Short Hop" tutorial. I apologize if I forgot anything in the video

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Whoa! I just played against the best Pac-Man I've ever played. His name was Piff, and I ran into him on For Glory. We played about 4 matches and I recorded 2.
I HAD to record them because his setups were absolutely insane. Most of the time I had no idea what to expect from his traps.
He's currently streaming on Twitch under the description: #BestPacU.S.

Here are two of our matches:

Here's a combo video of his, to show you his skill. I was very impressed by him!

I felt he was a bit campy in our games, but people say that's how Pac is supposed to be played?
He's alright. I'm not impressed because I've seen all those setups before lol. Wr created all of them in the Pac-Man thread months ago.
He's using old Pac-Man tech. Still flashy and awesome, but outdated.

He plays too defensive against mega man and didn't go for the most important fruit against him (melon and key beat all of mega man's projectiles)

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
That was such a tight set, I really needed help with that MU and i can't think of two better players to demonstrate the matches

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
i heard you use the wiimote nunchuk, do you find it viable to use the forward tossed metalblade? ppl say its much easier to do that tech with your controller
I'd like to have someone show me how to do it on the GC controller =s

Matches vs Zucco, .... I got my ass kicked XDD

D

Deleted member

Nice stuff. Haven't seen Zucco play in a long while now.
You should check out their stream -- VitaminZK. He streams alongside Nairo's brother, Kevin. He plays there often.

Although, he sometimes plays other characters, but you can still get your fix. :p

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
i heard you use the wiimote nunchuk, do you find it viable to use the forward tossed metalblade? ppl say its much easier to do that tech with your controller
I do use a wii-chuk, and I do think that it's realistically possible to do it consistently in a high pressure match; however, the easier method that you are referring to requires a specific control set up on the wii-chuk that I personally find too awkward to use (That's not to say that it's impossible to learn, but I'm simply too used to my own control scheme). On top of that, you lose the ability to z-drop consistently, which is pretty important for MM imo. The AB smash method (the much harder way that every controller can do) is just as hard if not harder to perform on the wii-chuk than it is to do on the GCC.

To put it in perspective, I was able to do a forward toss DITCIT consistently on the wii-chuk from day one when I used a control scheme suited to doing DITCIT specifically; I have not been able to successfully do the AB smash method on the wii-chuk to this day despite being able to do it about 40% of the time on the GCC, and i've been trying to do so for months lol.

Honestly, I believe that mastering the forward-toss DITCIT gives MM enough options to be a top 10 character, but it'll be quite a while before anyone actually has it down enough.

TL;DR: Yes, it's easier to do on the wii-chuk with a specific control scheme and the MM that does learn it shall be known as the Mega God if he's able to do it consistently in tourney.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
I do use a wii-chuk, and I do think that it's realistically possible to do it consistently in a high pressure match; however, the easier method that you are referring to requires a specific control set up on the wii-chuk that I personally find too awkward to use (That's not to say that it's impossible to learn, but I'm simply too used to my own control scheme). On top of that, you lose the ability to z-drop consistently, which is pretty important for MM imo. The AB smash method (the much harder way that every controller can do) is just as hard if not harder to perform on the wii-chuk than it is to do on the GCC.

To put it in perspective, I was able to do a forward toss DITCIT consistently on the wii-chuk from day one when I used a control scheme suited to doing DITCIT specifically; I have not been able to successfully do the AB smash method on the wii-chuk to this day despite being able to do it about 40% of the time on the GCC, and i've been trying to do so for months lol.

Honestly, I believe that mastering the forward-toss DITCIT gives MM enough options to be a top 10 character, but it'll be quite a while before anyone actually has it down enough.

TL;DR: Yes, it's easier to do on the wii-chuk with a specific control scheme and the MM that does learn it shall be known as the Mega God if he's able to do it consistently in tourney.
I think that will change MM metagame completely, and since it isnt very famous we could take many people off guard on tourneys

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
its so... ****ing... hard to do.I just cant do it =s

D

Deleted member

I was able to perform the forward toss last night, after trying for about an hour. I successfully did it twice into an UTilt kill. But it's so freaking hard to do, it's frustrating. And like Chrono said in the other thread, the timing is ridiculous.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I am trying to work on a Super Glide toss video but it feels incomplete without a section done on doing it forward, but my scrub ass can't do it >.< been trying for a week to do it ONCE

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
I am trying to work on a Super Glide toss video but it feels incomplete without a section done on doing it forward, but my scrub *** can't do it >.< been trying for a week to do it ONCE
If you complete that video you will help develop Megaman's Metagame! Do it! Your robots need you!

Top Bottom